Like Tree47Likes
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 36 Post By Epsiry
  • 2 Post By Crithappens
  • 2 Post By Bluelightt
  • 2 Post By jabnlab
  • 1 Post By Ianto Jones
  • 3 Post By TheZero

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Houndmaster Kytus

Default Houndmaster Kytus

Can someone explain how Houndmaster can attack for 283427 dmg? Fully buffed and went in for the pull and caved on the first hit. Sorry, I only have about 142k health and all the epic tank gear from experts plus some raid pieces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Houndmaster Kytus-houndmaster.jpg  

He was still enraged from your previous attempt to cheese him.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Hello Tram!

Letís just back up and paws for a second. The Houndmaster is currently at the end of his leash with people trying to cheese him (heís lactose intolerant you see). For that reason whenever people try to find ways to jump up on the wall, or sneak around him or even climb on top of those rare bone skulls he has he just gets so enraged! Now the Houndmaster understands that this might be ruff for the ascended to deal with, but he promises that he wonít get upset unless you try to do some pawful things while fighting him. Cheers and good hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Epsiry View Post
    Hello Tram!

Letís just back up and paws for a second. The Houndmaster is currently at the end of his leash with people trying to cheese him (heís lactose intolerant you see). For that reason whenever people try to find ways to jump up on the wall, or sneak around him or even climb on top of those rare bone skulls he has he just gets so enraged! Now the Houndmaster understands that this might be ruff for the ascended to deal with, but he promises that he wonít get upset unless you try to do some pawful things while fighting him. Cheers and good hunting!
    OMG

Dev post of the year 2015.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Hilarious dev post is hilarious.

Plane Touched

Awesome post Epsiry

I for one hate the houndmaster fight. Even with all 1k+ hit guildies we struggle at times. Its the only nte boss i hate healing, I would heal mann and the heart with low dps, a squishy tank and no one interrupting the heart any day over houndmaster
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jabnlab View Post
    Awesome post Epsiry

I for one hate the houndmaster fight. Even with all 1k+ hit guildies we struggle at times. Its the only nte boss i hate healing, I would heal mann and the heart with low dps, a squishy tank and no one interrupting the heart any day over houndmaster
    im with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jabnlab View Post
    Awesome post Epsiry

This is because the adds spawn based on boss %, so higher DPS means the adds spawn faster than the tank can pick them up or throw taunts. On top of that, the mines on the ground are extremely difficult to see with certain graphics settings, so many players take a ton of unnecessary damage by eating them. That and when people get a mob on them they tend to run around like chickens without heads, often through the fire.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    This is because the adds spawn based on boss %, so higher DPS means the adds spawn faster than the tank can pick them up or throw taunts. On top of that, the mines on the ground are extremely difficult to see with certain graphics settings, so many players take a ton of unnecessary damage by eating them. That and when people get a mob on them they tend to run around like chickens without heads, often through the fire.
    Any half-decent tank wont have a problem here.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

I believe Snap has mastered this fight and can give you specific and detailed strategies to defeat this difficult encounter.

Xeero@Greybriar - Mage - REKT | Zerostar@Hailol - Warrior - Coriolis | Zerotrix@Greybriar - Mage - Crayons

Jsn
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheZero View Post
    I believe Snap has mastered this fight and can give you specific and detailed strategies to defeat this difficult encounter.
    Is Snap Cheezecakesammich?
    <Crayons>

i deleted it
    Last edited by regall; 02-27-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Literally just left a run of this...Had the tank blame me (and then kick me from group) for not healing him on this boss...when he was getting one-shot-overkilled because of this anti-exploit mechanic, and didnt appear to know how to fight it normally..

Quote Originally Posted by Jsn View Post
    Is Snap Cheezecakesammich?
    negative.

There can be only one cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsiry View Post
    unless you try to do some pawful things while fighting him.
    So bad and so good at the same time ... I cant.

*died*

+ Reply to Thread