Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Time to Quack

Default Time to Quack

Today i was perma banned. The reason? I exploited. For those people who do not know, there is an exploit to effectively become immortal. You have 0 hp, you can dps, you can change roles, but you can not die.

Around 3 weeks ago, I abused this bug in order to kill the first 3 bosses in RoF solo. Although no gear for my alt dropped, I gained raid marks in which I would not have otherwise. My intentions were to kill a couple of bosses which we had been farming for months to not raise suspicion, however I can see that this is highly unfair and had the loot RNG gone my way, i would have obtained undeserved pieces of loot.

I'm extremely ashamed and sorry to lie to all of the community while I continued on getting shard firsts and working on region firsts while i had gone forth and ruined the integrity of the community behind their backs. I will work with the devs if need be to remove the exploit if requested.

My character Truunks@Hailol was involved in the use of an exploit to kill Threngar on January 13 around 1 AM server time. I violated the TOS by allowing another user to access my account and make use of an exploit that grants players invulnerability to damage. While I am not completely aware of the details of how this exploit is triggered, I was aware of its existence and did not come forward, and I am responsible for all actions taken by my character.

I am truly sorry for not coming forward and for allowing this to happen. Given the chance I would do things differently. I am willing to accept any and all consequences for my actions.

Trunks

I also received the same ban, for the same reason. I've used the 0hp bug to kill a couple of raid bosses that I shouldn't have, and while I might have done it out of boredom, I knowingly participated in something I knew would violate the TOS. Yrlwalach & Threngar one week, and another Threngar (13/1) a week after that.

While I didn't receive any gear that's of any use to me, I picked up currency that I shouldn't have & admit that it was a pretty stupid idea in the first place, and I'm truly sorry that I took part in this exploit.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Greetings,

To further clarify, this thread is open for individuals who choose to admit their guilt. Discussion of their actions in this thread will be removed, as that is not the purpose of this thread.This thread is only for those who choose to post any wrongdoing.

Edit: To clarify, these individuals if they are allowed to have their accounts back will have any potential gains from said activity removed.
    Last edited by Ocho; 02-12-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Rift Disciple

People within Coriolis have been getting banned, however, I wasn't. When rightfully I should have. My character is gattox@hailol.

At the start of January I used the perma-soul walk exploit to become effectively invulnerable. I used this to kill the first 3 bosses of RoF to gain raid marks. I didn't receive any loot drops from this (that I recall - I could be wrong). Also, sorry I don't have exact details of dates and what I received. It was a long time ago.

Ultimately, this was done out of boredom. I missed our scheduled raid time so I went and cleared it myself. This was wrong, and I apologize to you guys for using this rather than coming forward.

I wanted to come forward and admit to my guilt. Coriolis as a guild is looking to make amends for our issues and move forward.

There was only a handful of us that did this. Pleas don't look down on the innocent members who were unawares

Hey guys,

So obviously we ****ed up. This was an incredibly silly and immature thing for us to do, I want to specifically apologise to Deepwood for unknowingly taking DW server first Threngar while people from my guild were using this bug, it was completely unintentional and it should be returned to the guild who rightfully earned it.

I only used the bug once on Hikos, however I did help guildies who had missed raids by doing it on their account for them. I have no explanation that would warrant a complete pardon for this, nor do I want to attempt to offer one. When you **** up like this it's much better to take it on the chin and admit it.

People are having a go at Trion for "making" us publically apologise, when that is not the case at all. By giving us the opportunity to explain clearly what we did it not only serves as a warning to others but means that the whole issue is out in the open where it is not shrouded in hearsay and rumours. Also by giving us the opportunity to take responsibility for what we did and hopefully giving us the opportunity to make penance they are acknowledging that not everyone is perfect, nor completely moral when faced with temptations.

At this juncture I would like to point out that we never once used this for a progression kill, nor for any scheduled guild raid, nor for any kill we have ever claimed.

As guild leader I realise I bear the burden of what we did more than anyone, and it certainly wasn't my intention to undermine the game, that I have clearly loved playing for over 4 years and that I am passionate about. I should have done more to dissuade guildies from doing this, as ultimately I maybe could have done. I hope that Trion and the community at large is more understanding than they deserve to be, and that we have the opportunity to earn back some of the respect and standing we have undoubtedly lost through our foolish actions and that this doesn't destroy a guild that loves playing this game together.

Ultimately, and this is probably the one time you'll hear me say it. I love this game, and the people I play it with, sure I don't agree with a lot of decisions and I'm pretty vocal about it, but if I didn't care so much I would shut up and not bother. I value the people I have met, the friends I have made and the fun times we've had so much, and without this game it would've never happened. So regardless of what happens thanks for the good times, and I sincerely hope we are able to continue enjoying this game together (minus any late night shenanigans obviously).

Cheers,

Hikos.

Dear Community,

I have been guilty of participating in, what I believe is, an exploit in an expert dungeon called Gyel Fortress. I have not been banned. I will not discuss said exploit on this forum and will send a private message to someone regarding the details.

Although personally I have alot more fun killing bosses the way they are intended to be killed with mechanics and trash mobs, I have felt pressured (dps role) and afraid (noob role) that I might be votekicked out of the dungeon if I said anything adverse to what the party wanted to do.

However, I had the choice to leave and report, no excuses. I should have stood up for my principles of not exploiting/cheating on more than a few occassions. I have reported some, and forgotten which ones that I did not report.

In all of my dealings with the Rift team they have been fair and generous, and I know I have been forgiven before when I raged on the forums when I had a bad day. I hope that the community can forgive my weaknesses of the past in the dungeons.

The Rift team always go beyond the call of duty. Always trying to find that happy medium with it's whole player base, and pleasing most. They are also exceptional listeners and understanding, and as passionate (or more) about Rift as we are.

Thank you for the opportunity to remove this weight from my shoulders.

********Sorry********
    Last edited by regall; 02-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Default #feartheduck

Dear Rift Community,

I knowingly participated in something I knew would violate the TOS, I've cleared a few 3/4 RoF's using an immortality bug. I've also violated the TOS by allowing another user to access my account to make use of this exploit.

The Dates of my exploits can vairy from Jan-Feb 2015.

I just want to make this post to apologise and show how guilty I am for doing this and I am truly sorry for my actions and will accept any punishment that seems worthy of my actions.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Just wanted to add a few comments to this thread.
    • We take exploiting very seriously. We are giving individuals a chance to apologize to their fellow players for actions they have taken.
    • For those who have already sent me PMs, please remember you'll also need to post publicly if you want us to consider unlocking your accounts.
    • The investigations are still ongoing. Those who have participated in exploits and have not yet been banned would be wise to admit their guilt.

Thanks to all of you who chose to report these exploits instead of taking part in them.

Soulwalker

Default An honest approach

I have also knowingly participated in this bug described where your character is unable to be killed and used it to kill the first 3 bosses in RoF for 2 weeks. The loot that I received from this was a mage DPS ring which was a very large upgrade, and a cleric earring which was still an upgrade for me.

The dates are from late Jan-Feb I do not remember the exact dates sorry.

I would obviously like all loot and currency gained to be taken away and I also got achievements from this and would like all my RoF achievements taken away as none were acquired legitimately.

I am very sorry to anyone in the rift community who is offended by this and am very sorry to Trion for making personal use of a bug in RIFT.

Soulwalker

I regret to say I also used this godmode bug to kill the last 2 bosses of MS on two occasions. I don't have logs of the exact dates but it will line of with other kills from this thread.

I want to sincerely apologize to the entire rift community for my actions.

Soulwalker

Hello guys, I would also like to confess that I used exploits once on RoF to kill the first 3 bosses when I missed the guild run to get gear/marks. I understand my actions were unacceptable and never participated in this again. I regret this decision and apologize to the community.

Default A sincere apology

On my toon I knowingly used the undying exploit and greatly apologize for it. I was mostly interested in clearing old content, but admit to killing Bulf and Izkinra with it.

I am ashamed of my actions and will not be participating in this kind of behavior in the future. It is not fair to other players who are trying to clear the same content. I am sorry for using a method that reflects poorly on me as a player.

My toon name is Etak@Hailol
    Last edited by Whoosyourdaddy; 02-12-2015 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Adding toon name

Soulwalker

Hi. My character Ceebee@Hailol was banned for exploiting a a bug that allowed for a type of permanent soul-walking that resulted in health being pinned at zero. I knowingly did this on a number of separate occasions in the month of January to participate in boss kills when I had missed out the guild run to obtain Fragments of Horror and the chance of item drops.

I believe the first three bosses of Rhen of Fate, and the Fourth and Fifth bosses of Mount Sharax were the only bosses killed while using this exploit.

I apologize for this breach of Trion's ToS and will endeavor not to do so again.

Dear Rift Community,

Spoiler!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast