Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 196
Like Tree368Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crucia ?

  1. #61
    Rift Chaser Choras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    forgive me for being a little oblivious because i'm only logging in for minions now, but was rekt's kill NA first?
    Rianeva@Deepwood

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #62
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Hey folks,

    I'm seeing a lot of confusion and accusations in this thread, the majority of which have been deleted as they are against the forum guidelines. If you think someone has cheating, go ahead and send me a PM. Don't post accusations on the forums. Trying to use this situation to encourage division in the RIFT community, or alleging national bias, is a particularly nasty form of trolling and will be treated seriously.

    Now on to this situation. After a full review of this fight, we can confidently say there was no use of exploits in this kill. In this particular case there is not a hard enrage counter in the same manner that folks are used to in many of our other fights. It's a softer, gentler enrage counter. The progression of stages in the fights are a mix of timers and triggers. Depending on how the triggers themselves are timed, the enrage timer can vary slightly in when it goes off.

    The enrage timer varying isn't a bug, this is just the way the mechanics are structured. If a guild figures out how to stop scripting, or cause it to fail, that would be an exploit. The way timing of earlier phases could be handled to impact the enrage timer is the raid working as designed. It's certainly not an ideal way to secure the kill (because it requires quite a bit of additional work and coordination), but it is just as legitimate.

    If you want to talk about why you like or dislike a particular way raid mechanics are handled, then that is a legitimate topic of discussion. If you want to take cheap shots at other members of the community then please avoid posting.

  3. #63
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Good job!

  4. #64
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Requires additional co-ordination? like not hitting your buttons because dps becomes irrelevant at the first few phases? gz. So this is the new way we have to do it then, to beat hardmode?
    Last edited by dpsdave; 02-19-2015 at 11:37 AM.

  5. #65
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Hey folks,

    I'm seeing a lot of confusion and accusations in this thread, the majority of which have been deleted as they are against the forum guidelines. If you think someone has cheating, go ahead and send me a PM. Don't post accusations on the forums. Trying to use this situation to encourage division in the RIFT community, or alleging national bias, is a particularly nasty form of trolling and will be treated seriously.

    Now on to this situation. After a full review of this fight, we can confidently say there was no use of exploits in this kill. In this particular case there is not a hard enrage counter in the same manner that folks are used to in many of our other fights. It's a softer, gentler enrage counter. The progression of stages in the fights are a mix of timers and triggers. Depending on how the triggers themselves are timed, the enrage timer can vary slightly in when it goes off.

    The enrage timer varying isn't a bug, this is just the way the mechanics are structured. If a guild figures out how to stop scripting, or cause it to fail, that would be an exploit. The way timing of earlier phases could be handled to impact the enrage timer is the raid working as designed. It's certainly not an ideal way to secure the kill (because it requires quite a bit of additional work and coordination), but it is just as legitimate.

    If you want to talk about why you like or dislike a particular way raid mechanics are handled, then that is a legitimate topic of discussion. If you want to take cheap shots at other members of the community then please avoid posting.
    Can you say double standard?
    If you act one way in the 10man and change course on Crucia theres something wrong with it.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

  6. #66
    Rift Chaser Paradoxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Enrage timer: the point at which u can no longer continue. Oh wait, unless u can skip it by forcing a phase change

    Can u remove enrage from every raid encounter plz? Then it's all about survival. 2 tanks 15 healers and 3 dps in every raid? Might take 1 hour to kill but hey, it's dead......

    That's all I heard in that post Ocho

  7. #67
    Rift Disciple xosomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    102

    Default

    When you have no pride why seach a good solution and apologize. It takes longer to delete and ban players than make non-buggy patch by the way.
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

  8. #68
    Plane Touched Ikken eh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    Dis gon b gud! Ima grab ma popcorn. Oh no I'm allergic to nuts. I'm go get a Yoghurt instead.
    Popcorn is corn...
    Just saying.
    Last edited by Ikken eh; 02-19-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    "Dwarves don't get drunk. They just get less sober."
    "Accidents cause people!"
    "My Dad Said If I Dont Put My Volume Down He Would Smash My Head On The Keyba;ljkfsd;sgms;doghsdphrdf\gh"

  9. #69
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    If you want to talk about why you like or dislike a particular way raid mechanics are handled, then that is a legitimate topic of discussion. If you want to take cheap shots at other members of the community then please avoid posting.
    For future content, could we get a more specific definition of acceptable actions than "If it looks like an exploit, and it feels like an exploit."

    Because in my personal opinion if a member of the community team feels required to make a public explanation as to how manipulating an encounters script timings and mechanic triggers to extend that encounters enrage timer 80 seconds past initiation is a legitimate strategy, it would seem the line is slightly less clear-cut than is beneficial.
    Last edited by Stihl; 02-19-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  10. #70
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    It's certainly not an ideal way to secure the kill (because it requires quite a bit of additional work and coordination), but it is just as legitimate.
    Ok so noone from Rekt has confirmed me exactly what they did but it's not that hard to figure out when you know how the mechanics work and can see their kill timer. We are about to release our own video, and everyone can make their own judgement what takes more work and coordination. Here is how you do Rekt's strat, for the people who want the easy way out (and potentially skip p4):

    The crux of their strategy is that Crucia's check for p4 is both a timer and an hp check. The checks are at 6:40 and at 8:40. If you are below 40% hp at either of those she will start p4. What Rekt did is to stop dps at around 41% hp until the first timer is past. They then nuked like crazy for 2 minutes dropping the boss to a very low hp, until p4 starts at 8:40. After they come out of p4, crucia finally enrages and starts casting Storm of Failure, which gives them about 10-15 seconds with all raid cds up to finish off the boss.

    There are 2 reasons why this is an easier way to do the fight than what we did. First of all, the only time where their execution is at all relevant is during those 2 minutes they are nuking. Pushing the boss to 40% in 6:40 is super easy and can be done with multiple deaths, fails or people afk. Even in p4, it doesn't matter how long they take to do it (already past 9 mins anyway, huehue) aslong as they don't all die.
    Second reason: they get more time overall to dps the boss which makes the dps check easier.

    Funniest part about all this? With just a little bit more dps during those 2 minutes you can completely skip phase 4. Working as intended indeed.
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 02-19-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

  11. #71
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    421

    Default

    What the **** is going on here. Im very disappointed people trying to intentionally use some underhanded tricks. And more disappointed for the fact that trion is supporting such a behaviour every second day and every second day not.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

  12. #72
    Ascendant Sedvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    After they come out of p4, crucia finally enrages and starts casting Storm of Failure, which gives them about 10-15 seconds with all raid cds up to finish off the boss.
    You get exactly 6 seconds, actually.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 02-19-2015 at 12:04 PM.

  13. #73
    Plane Touched BelZoness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    go away zones
    it worked

    /10char
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #74
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    For future content, could we get a more specific definition of acceptable actions than "If it looks like an exploit, and it feels like an exploit."

    Because in my personal opinion if a member of the development team feels required to make a public explanation as to how manipulating an encounters script timings and mechanic triggers to extend that encounters enrage timer 80 seconds past initiation is a legitimate strategy, it would seem the line is slightly less clear-cut than is beneficial.
    This has been brought up internally. We'll certainly aim for greater clarity in the future.

  15. #75
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    It should be a must!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts