Closed Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: See that duck up there...

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

Quote Originally Posted by TGArthur View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Do we really need to publicly expose them too in a thread? Can't they just PM you of their wrong doing Ocho or Daglar?
    They don't have to be exposed, they can accept their deserved punishment. That thread is open as an option for potential leniency.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TGArthur View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Do we really need to publicly expose them too in a thread? Can't they just PM you of their wrong doing Ocho or Daglar?
    Because Trion thinks making an example out of these people is an effective way to stop exploiting. All I'm getting from this is that after you exploit, make sure to post on the forums admitting that you exploited and you won't get permabanned.
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

Ascendant

Or anyone exploiting could of just pmd archonix like daglar said. Calling yourself out publicly is a choice that no one has to make. The thread being acknowledged and monitored by trion is pointless and being stickied is even more ridiculous.
    Haybale@Greybriar

I don't think I need to remind anyone of the whole NQ shenanigans and people being quite happy with the public shaming of their (our) exploits and punishments dealt.

dealwithit.jpg
    Last edited by Riane; 02-12-2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    They don't have to be exposed, they can accept their deserved punishment. That thread is open as an option for potential leniency.
    So the reason these people are posting is for leniency ie they get their toons back?

That's fine by me but is this policy now? I think trion owes the community clarity on when bans take place, it's not a good incentive to work on an account and spend money when bans seem arbitrary at best and that arbitrariness is proliferated by this situation.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Liandell View Post
    So the reason these people are posting is for leniency ie they get their toons back?

That's fine by me but is this policy now? I think trion owes the community clarity on when bans take place, it's not a good incentive to work on an account and spend money when bans seem arbitrary at best and that arbitrariness is proliferated by this situation.
    Trion doesn't want to ban half of a top raiding guild so they force people to make apologies as their "punishment." If you're a nobody that doesn't spend bigbucks on credits, they won't give two ****s.
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

Quote Originally Posted by CowGoesMoo View Post
    Trion doesn't want to ban half of a top raiding guild so they force people to make apologies as their "punishment." If you're a nobody that doesn't spend bigbucks on credits, they won't give two ****s.
    Well I was trying to get that point across a little more subtlety but yeah that's basically how this seems lol.

Shadowlander

"It's ok to exploit as long you say sorry" - trion 2015

Plane Touched

I deflated those footballs.

I sorry plz don't ban.

Can I get my Regulos and Matriarch achievement back if I admit to my wrongdoings? It feels awkward to have Goloch, but not Matriarch's achievement. I need parity in my life.

I also find it hilarious that a good amount of people that shamed the old dark knights became the villains themselves.

Never Forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSnrnxgITI
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-12-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I don't think I need to remind anyone of the whole NQ shenanigans and people being quite happy with the public shaming of their (our) exploits and punishments dealt.

dealwithit.jpg
    I'm not trying to excuse what was done, but there's a distinction between exploiting to claim world/regional firsts in a legitimate competition and exploiting to kill bosses that the guilty guild has already downed. I take offence to being compared to NQ. We do have some shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I'm not trying to excuse what was done, but there's a distinction between exploiting to claim world/regional firsts in a legitimate competition and exploiting to kill bosses that the guilty guild has already downed. I take offence to being compared to NQ. We do have some shame.
    Doesn't matter if you exploit by an inch or a mile. Exploits are exploits.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Just going to clarify a bit here. As far as i understand, its up to trion if we do get our accounts back. IF we get them back, everything that we gained (for most of us it was just raid marks) will be stripped. This in all honesty is more than we deserve. Trion doesnt want anyone banned, nor do they want an unfair advantage given to others. I don't hate on them for this.

Weren't feeling so ashamed while you guys we're exploit farming for your gear

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CowGoesMoo View Post
    Because Trion thinks making an example out of these people is an effective way to stop exploiting. All I'm getting from this is that after you exploit, make sure to post on the forums admitting that you exploited and you won't get permabanned.
    I think in a large part its meant to be an "out" for some long time players to avoid the permaban hammer. I think the bottom line is that Trion is sick of all the exploiting, and they aren't gonna softpeddle it anymore. Moreover it serves to clarify the issue of what an exploit is versus "creative use of game mechanics" that some guilds have used to get world firsts in the past. Not excusing those, they deserved to have those WF's stripped, but this is a hardcore tried and true exploit. So I think its good for the community to see the difference.

Its just a shame they couldn't do this to the Conquest exploiters oh so long ago that not only crashed the servers intentionally but took delight in making the life's of other players miserable. I'm glad Trion has finally had enough.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast