Closed Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26
Results 376 to 390 of 390
Like Tree758Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: See that duck up there...

  1. #376
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    You are actually blowing my mind right now.
    I assume your comment was made sarcastically. As you seem to believe raiders don't pvp.
    I guess I find the remark a bit ironic coming from you.

    I for one could care less about this witch hunt. I am just more disappointed that the devs decided in 3.0 to entrust the best pvp gear to raiders.

    After reading this thread its clear the many people just said sorry to get their sentence lessened. They jump right back on this thread and basically defend their right to exploit, shun those who are angry at them and quickly try to assume the victim role.

    From all the offenders that posted here there is one not one shred of humility. Only defiance. You are farming the best gear for you and your alts, while other people are scrapping for 2000 fragments a week (with no chance of a weapon or a trinket, etc). Of course they are going to be mad at you. Yet there isn't an apologetic bone in any of your bodies and the public can see that.

    The community doesn't decide your fate. Trion does. Yet you lash out at us! Humble the **** down admit you're wrong doing and carry on.

    Drop that victim crap (its disgusting).

    Trion, split the armors, raider can't be trusted with the keys to pvp ... less than 6 months into 3.0 and we have already seen the ugly sides of this.

    For all you who think I am trolling check my post/thread history. I've been saying all this before 3.0 and I stick behind every word. Feel free to flame me for it, I have amazingly thick skin.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 02-13-2015 at 10:43 PM.

  2. #377
    Soulwalker Siomhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I'm obviously not an active member of the forums though I read them daily and talk to several people privately. My opinion on this subject is just my opinion and not meant to point fingers or ostracize anyone. I tend to be more of a Devil's Advocate, I guess. After reading the apology thread as well as most (yes, I stopped after like the 18th page) of this one, I see so many sides and variables to this. I am so incredibly thankful that I -and quite a few of the people responding here- are not responsible for dishing out punishments.

    To Trion: I do not envy you. Regardless of what decision you make, somebody will always find fault. You can't please everyone.

    To everyone that used this exploit and has come forward: I don't care why you apologized; the fact that you did on these forums and have continued to respond to all of the posts is very courageous. I'll probably be attacked for saying that, but that's just the way I see it. As Trion said, you were not forced to announce your guilt, but you did and you're now facing the music for it.

    When I first read the thread, my initial reaction was that everyone that had used the exploit got exactly what they deserved with the perma-ban. Now, I'm ashamed of that reaction. It was wrong to use it. No one denies that. Who am I to throw stones at the people that did it or any other exploit for that matter? What's done is done, the horse is dead.

    I could go on and on about why I feel the way I do and even argue for both sides but I'm not going to. There's really nothing that I can say that hasn't pretty much already been said.

    In closing, I would like to apologize to these players. I should never have judged and certainly not as harshly as I did at first. I'm not an important or recognized player in the Rift community, but I felt like I needed to say that.

  3. #378
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    But we're not apologising to the devs up there, because we apologised to them privately. Like I said, you're clearly only thinking of us in the abstract. It drives me ****ing crazy when people waste my time, at work or otherwise. You think we don't feel ****ty about making them wade through voluminous logs and moderating this trash talk thread? You're wrong, and that's all there is to it.
    This is just more "I'm sorry I got caught". You should feel ****ty because you deserve to feel ****ty, whether the devs suspected something and had to go through logs or not. To feel sorry for what you did means that you would feel worse if and especially if you didn't face any consequences.

    This is why you deserve this trash talk thread, this is why you deserve to be branded, this is why people correctly point out that you don't regret doing it, you have given no reason to think that you wouldn't to it again if you knew you wouldn't get caught.

    How do the exposed actually react? "It was dumb and not even worth it lol", "You waste my time and so I deserve to be angry at you", etc. If you want to give of an expression of regret,
    you don't get to joke, you don't get to be angry, you don't get to pretend that the bigger issue is how people react to it on the forum or the US penal system (quite a few people here are EU players, so take your racism and shove it, bigot).

    I play on EU, the last time I heard of an exploit like this was when a group of people in a german guild turned Mallaven into a boss dummy and killed it and that it got them kicked from the guild. That is what I would expect from the decent people in your guild: contempt. I somehow don't see them petitioning for a soft punishment.
    If you truly felt sorry, you would have felt bad the moment you chose not to report the exploit. You should be afraid to talk to the people who would have reported you, had they known about your cheating. Because it is these people I would consider decent, not the ones that remained innocent due to mere ignorance.
    What do you offer as proof of your sincerity? "The innocent people need us to raid!". Wow, such willingness to accept punishment. You and your exploiting buddies could delete your characters and start at level 1 again, level back to 65 and grind some experts to be able to start raiding again. Shouldn't take you that long to catch up if you don't need exploits to kill bosses. Or inflict another tangible form of punishment on yourselves. Shouldn't be that hard to find something you are willing to do to right your wrongs. But that's not you, better do some angry forum pvp!

    TLDR: It's a good thing that you stopped posting, you should have already realized that you only continue to dig your own hole.
    Last edited by SpectralDerp; 02-14-2015 at 01:14 AM.

  4. #379
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    815

    Default

    I'm a bit in shock. I can't believe this has been going on for 2 years. I can't believe someone didn't report it, and who knows how many people knew about this.

    I understand why Trion is so upset about this. This must have them going back to the blackboard. I have read it's also cost them thousands of dollars if not ten's of thousands which should be put in fixing normal game issues and new content.

    By all means let them confess and let them play again but if any of these players find another bug ban them for life.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  5. #380
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I'm a bit in shock. I can't believe this has been going on for 2 years. I can't believe someone didn't report it, and who knows how many people knew about this.

    I understand why Trion is so upset about this. This must have them going back to the blackboard. I have read it's also cost them thousands of dollars if not ten's of thousands which should be put in fixing normal game issues and new content.

    By all means let them confess and let them play again but if any of these players find another bug ban them for life.

    Please read the thread before you post....

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Aw that soulwalk bug didn't fixed? I remember I reported it on when Conquest enabled again on SL and again reported it on Planewalker's Bastion testings sad to see same bug existed or new one occurred...

  6. #381
    Plane Walker Liadva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    499

    Default

    WHEN WILL IT END

    Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

  7. #382
    Plane Walker CKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDerp View Post
    How do the exposed actually react? "It was dumb and not even worth it lol", "You waste my time and so I deserve to be angry at you", etc. If you want to give of an expression of regret,
    you don't get to joke, you don't get to be angry, you don't get to pretend that the bigger issue is how people react to it on the forum or the US penal system (quite a few people here are EU players, so take your racism and shove it, bigot).
    This.
    Less sarcasm arrogance and looking down on everyone like they are some untouchable royalty from that particular poster. If I was to judge all of them by his behavior here I would say ban them for life because no matter how they may think they are something oh so very important for the game, this game would be better place without toxic people like them.

    I see 4 kinds of people here:

    1. Those who seem to just find enjoyment in dramas and somebody being punished, no matter who that is. They are probably those who harass them ingame just because they found a suitable scapegoat to kick. Low lifers who dont deserve to get to post, imo.

    2. Supporters of the accused. I am ok with that as long as you stop finding all kinds of lame excuses. I would probably publicly try to support my friends too (maybe not because I really wouldnt want to have exploiting cheating friends but **** happens). Shifting blame to company or whoever else is not ok though.

    3. The "give them the second chance we are all human lets hold hands and sing kumbaya" types. Personally I find these particularly distasteful. Some things *are* black and white, you cant just trash everything into gray zones. I feel those are the ones who either exploited or know would exploit themselves so are making statements that would suit their own personal agenda in case they get caught.

    4. Those who are genuinely disgusted because what this bunch did was wrong, period. Too few such here for my taste....

  8. #383
    Rift Chaser Eorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Dis gonna be good...

    See that duck up there...-kingofpopcorn1.gif
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3


  9. #384
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    I see 4 kinds of people here:

    1. Those who seem to just find enjoyment in dramas and somebody being punished, no matter who that is. They are probably those who harass them ingame just because they found a suitable scapegoat to kick. Low lifers who dont deserve to get to post, imo.
    So, pretty much everyone who has been posting in this thread because holy **** so many people keep talking about an issue that's between Coriolis 'N Friends and Trion. Pouring pointless fuel on the fire in an attempt to insert yourself in the drama because you want in on mob-mentality justice meting. Don't pretend you're not here for the enjoyment of the bonfire, you're not fooling anyone. Thread has 26 pages and jack **** for constructive conversation.

  10. #385
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    3. The "give them the second chance we are all human lets hold hands and sing kumbaya" types. Personally I find these particularly distasteful. Some things *are* black and white, you cant just trash everything into gray zones. I feel those are the ones who either exploited or know would exploit themselves so are making statements that would suit their own personal agenda in case they get caught.
    These 4 kind of people you list, is very much based on how you feel about the topic. I don't like being put into a "box" for how I am. Yes I'm a true believer of giving people a second chance. That doesn't give you a right to say I exploit, did exploit or would exploit. So please don't tell me who I am, just because of my opinion and how you feel.

    If someone find it "distasteful" that I'm forgiving too fast and that I give people a second chance when they don't deserve it, then that's their opinion. And you know what, I can live with that. I'll much rather be "too forgiving" than a person who judges others too soon.

  11. #386
    Rift Chaser Eorer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Go away zoness













    Or join my #teamRetired with Photek and I as captains
    You need to stop being a putz, Gravee baby, and join back in with the winning NA team. Team BBC Warrior needs their Numero Uno back on the horse.
    Last edited by Eorer; 02-14-2015 at 05:16 AM. Reason: typing on a phone sucks...
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3


  12. #387
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Exploiting in RoF seems to be a sport as so many people do it. And if you warn your guildies as their leader to participate in exploiting when raiding with others you may get rebuked from people from other guilds who think they are blamed by that...

    Interesting. Dogs bark, if they get hitted.

    Using exploits is exploiting, no excuses, no fingerpointing to others who exploited also or more then oneself ever would do. That is cheap. Exploiting, especially to get First's or to progress before others is cheap, very cheap. A betrayal of yourself and other players.

    I was confronted with many exploits, and seeing it and knowing that it cannot be intended means to stand up and try to convince to do it in the right way otherwise to leave group or raid.

    But tbh.: Gloating is like bad as exploiting!
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

  13. #388
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I guess they didn't think they would ever get caught. They might have apologized but anything they do in future will be suspect and questioned. They put their own guildies who may or may not have known in the limelight and I guess they didn't even think about that. Allegedly they gave their account details so others cold do stuff in their absence and that is not right as well.

    Frankly they have lost a lot of credibility not to mention trust of those on their shard and zone. People do not forget.

  14. #389
    Rift Chaser Xentex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Delete the accounts and let the players come back if they want to roll new accounts.

    Let them buy their L60 boosts and they'll be 65 in a week, raid ready in two, and fully geared back up (honestly this time) in a month or two. Trion gets a little cash, they get a little punishment, and the angry mob gets a little justice.

  15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #390
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liadva View Post
    WHEN WILL IT END
    Well this thread ends now, I suspect people will remain upset for longer however.

    As to why this thread exists, it exists because when people are presented with information (in this case people choosing to admit cheating) they are going to react. They will discuss it, and it's better to centralize this discussion as much as possible.

    Since people have had a chance to react, and the thread contains pretty much every permutation of reaction, it's time to close the thread and the subject. Further threads on this subject (discussing the cheating and our actions in regard to it) won't be allowed as no further constructive discussion can result.

    If anyone does have any further comments, they are welcome to send them to me privately. I will definitely read all of them, although I may not be able to respond to each one individually.

    Respectfully,

    Eric "Ocho" Cleaver

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts