Closed Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 390
Like Tree758Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: See that duck up there...

  1. #166
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'm all for the perma-ban route, the crocodile tears on the 'Time to Quack' thread aren't cutting it with me, or at the very least roll them all back to level 10 or something. "No Quarter shall be given..." yes, pun intended.
    I suggest reading the post above yours before coming out posting in ignorance.
    Last edited by Hikos; 02-13-2015 at 06:01 AM.

  2. #167
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    You're the people that make the United States the #1 aggregate and per capita jailers in the world. Moralising isn't justice, and a one-size-fits-all approach to punishment is as unfair as it is self-defeating. But feel free to keep up the tough talk, you sound ridiculous.
    Oh ok, that justifies everything. Thanks for pointing that out. Ocho, please lift the bans. Because of our high incarceration rates, people should be able to exploit the system.

  3. #168
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    626

    Default Sad day in Telara

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'm all for the perma-ban route.
    Slip - this surprises me, I've always found your posts constructive even when I've disagreed.

    This is a sad day in Telara all around. Sad for the players involved as they have discovered that cheating the game only cheats themselves out of the rewards of playing with friends. Sad for those of us who count those players as friends. Sad for the raiding community as we have lost true talent for an as yet to be determined period of time. And mostly sad for Trion Worlds as they now contemplate their next steps to preserve the integrity of the game we choose to play. I do not envy any of these positions even as I am personally saddened by the choices made by those I continue to call friend.

  4. #169
    Ascendant Archemys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I'm all for the perma-ban route, the crocodile tears on the 'Time to Quack' thread aren't cutting it with me, or at the very least roll them all back to level 10 or something. "No Quarter shall be given..." yes, pun intended.
    Meanwhile, it's been pointed out that more damaging exploits in the past did not result in bans.

    And then there's this whole forum shaming situation. Naming & Shaming has always been a no no and yet here Trion is pretty much forcing people to openly shame themselves and be subject to the ridicule of all these haters.
    Last edited by Archemys; 02-13-2015 at 06:15 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

  5. #170
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I hope they pay you more than minimum wage for such skillful cherry-picking. I don't think anybody said there should be no consequences, nor does anyone expect there not to be. Does it make you feel good to be so morally superior in defiance of reason?
    There's more to life than a video game.

    PS I make and earn a very comfortable living, thank you. I don't need to exploit or take advantage of anything in life. I put myself through college so my parents didn't have to use one cent of their savings. I've owned and operated my own business so I know what it takes to be successful. My family came to America after the Vietnam War with nothing but each other, our hands, and our faith.

  6. #171
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    There's more to life than a video game.

    PS I make and earn a very comfortable living, thank you. I don't need to exploit or take advantage of anything in life. I put myself through college so my parents didn't have to use one cent of their savings. I've owned and operated my own business so I know what it takes to be successful. My family came to America after the Vietnam War with nothing but each other, our hands, and our faith.
    Ummmm ok?

    Thanks for that one mate.

    No bodies attached?
    Last edited by Hikos; 02-13-2015 at 06:27 AM.

  7. #172
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    I assume NONE of you have ever exploited (other than those being put on the stand).

    None of you have done Gyel Fortress, skipped trash via rogue to cota/summon at the boss, stood on the cage for the 2nd boss or brought him out of the room or just avoided him all together, elevator bugged the 3rd boss. None of you restrained yourself from using "OP specs" in the past whether in PVE or PVP, despite being fully aware of a bug that is causing the said spec to dominate in those aspects and wreck others' gameplay. None of you exploited the plat-making scheme with repeated sales of a certain item, none of you abused the turret bug on sea of ladon to farm those rifts to kindgom come, none of you EVER abused the reflect bug on certain bosses to one-shot them and reap loot, nope never.

    And if you did, well time you fess up and apologize, 'cause you know, ****'s getting real in here or stop the ****ing judging.

    Either none of us are guilty or everyone is, just at different levels. Have I exploited? Sure, I routinely exploit Skylla's LoS bug in experts when the DPS is low and we can't get past her (ya, sad I know). Have I exploited in a raid? Never or not to my recollection and because I had competent raiders around me and didn't need them. So should I get permabanned? Why or why not? I get exp, plat, loot, and marks too.

    Taking the 2nd point further, this is Coriolis, they cleared content in a sped-up time frame (sure w.e, take your high horse on fed strats if you want, but you still can't deny their progression pace across both tiers so far). They didn't need to do this, they did it because it was fun and interesting. I mean, who the **** wants to kill a 300 M boss solo, I don't care if you never die, that'll take forever as it is. What a waste of time.

    None of you even know what the bug is, you are just on the bandwagon because omg-everyone-else-is-*****ing-at-it-I-should-too. It takes a LOT of time to reproduce the bug and under right circumstances, this is not a "click button, activate godmode".

    ALL THAT SAID, should they be let off? No. They are being honestly apologetic, they are letting everyone know what they did, and Hikos has been at it with all the "relevant" GLs, trying to fix the broken bridges.

    You all need to stop *****ing and accept their honesty, and move on. Like what exactly are you going to get if they are permabanned? Aside from the one server first of Deepwood, NONE OF THE RESULTS have affected anyone. Yet everyone is like "omg, you personally assaulted me! *HATEEEEE*". ****, you are no one.

    Principles? Please. None of us have any principles. If you did, you would be against all afkers, all warfront quitters, all cq whiners, all expert exploiters, all "ticket" abusers, etc... etc... - I don't see any of you forming petitions for all of that.

    Such cherry pickers, ffs.

    And no, I am not in Cori.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 02-13-2015 at 08:03 AM.

  8. #173
    Plane Walker InflatablePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    There's more to life than a video game.

    PS I make and earn a very comfortable living, thank you. I don't need to exploit or take advantage of anything in life. I put myself through college so my parents didn't have to use one cent of their savings. I've owned and operated my own business so I know what it takes to be successful. My family came to America after the Vietnam War with nothing but each other, our hands, and our faith.
    You should be forbidden to posting replys until you ACTUALLY read AND UNDERSTAND what is being said. Because you and many others not only miss a lot of the points being said in this thread but you actually don't understand what is being said. You completely missed Trunk's point but you came replying about a completely irrelevant topic and still think you're being constructive in this conversation.

  9. #174
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    66

    Default

    It all boils down to ideology, Americans learn that if you want something you have to take it no one will help you and so there system is build on if you got money you win if not well die.

    western Europe is more a system build on we all need to help one another for the most part, so here you can get help from the state free education and healthcare.

    see what i started there?

    Its simple someone found a problem as many here have done they probable reported it as so much else it got lost in the stack of issues, raid content was and is been tested by actual players they report tons of issues and usual 50% goes on to live servers.

    **** happens now the hate people have for one another has yet another chance to come out, try read all post with some skeptic, some people try to troll others just flame and then some actual takes it serious in some way we all lazy at something and with a game you find a way and you stick with it, try consider how you do pvp raid dungeon etc. how much do you change your style when you find something that works?

    I dont personal know the people that this happen to, in the end they got caught they got a punishment and if they even continue to play have to live with it.

    bottom line its a game trion is a company they need to earn money if they remove there players they loose there job, they took impossible task and tried to make a middle way.

    Some likes some dont welcome to the world.

  10. #175
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InflatablePanda View Post
    You should be forbidden to posting replys until you ACTUALLY read AND UNDERSTAND what is being said. Because you and many others not only miss a lot of the points being said in this thread but you actually don't understand what is being said. You completely missed Trunk's point but you came replying about a completely irrelevant topic and still think you're being constructive in this conversation.
    I read the whole thread before posting (along with the apology thread) and my opinion hasn't changed after your post. Why would my opinion change?

  11. #176
    Plane Walker InflatablePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I read the whole thread before posting (along with the apology thread) and my opinion hasn't changed after your post. Why would my opinion change?
    I didnt tell you to read, i told you to understand. Which you clearly have not.

  12. #177
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    First off, anyone who thinks we aren't sorry probably hasn't read our apologies and probably doesn't understand what occurred. That's fine, but the fact is that we've all done very major damage to our reputations for very minor (trivial, really) gains. In fact it's so not worth it that the majority of us who found out about this exploit didn't reproduce it.

    Second, half of you who are gleefully sitting here flogging us hated some or all of us already, so it's hard to take you seriously or believe that you believe most of what you're saying.

    Third, some people are acting as if we got things that we couldn't have earned otherwise, and this isn't true. The outcome is that we got extra RNG rolls and some boss kills' worth of marks, and lost our standing in the community and the trust of the devs. If you think we don't regret this you're just being willfully obtuse.

    Fourth, for those in the "an exploit is an exploit is an exploit" crowd who want the book thrown at us and an Oprah-style perma-ban giveaway, kudos. You're the people that make the United States the #1 aggregate and per capita jailers in the world. Moralising isn't justice, and a one-size-fits-all approach to punishment is as unfair as it is self-defeating. But feel free to keep up the tough talk, you sound ridiculous.

    Lastly, we stream all progression and most raids (unless we don't have someone who can). We don't have anything to hide, so maybe you should come watch before making pronouncements about who we are and how we operate.

    Enjoy your field day. I hope it makes you feel better.
    MY TURN!

    if you were actually sorry and felt any bit of remorse for what you did, you would have admitted to it before being punished, don't think for a minute that anybody here thinks you're actually sorry for cheating.

    trying to defend the fact that you had what seems like almost your entire guild based on the time to quack thread soloing rof and then saying you didn't gain much of an advantage because of drop rate rng, is complete garbage. sure you might have been able to kill things just as fast if you hadn't done that, but that is a pretty huge advantage gain, i would love to be able to get more rof kills in my guild.


    Also, stop trying to use NQ as a scapegoat, i think using what is more of clever mechanics of using pets to tank isn't really on the same level as using an invincibility god mode bug to solo raid content. If you want a real raid exploit to compare it to, compare it to consumable stacking(even though you probably did that too). Yes, an exploit is an exploit, but there is a pretty clear line between minor(things that could be argued as clever mechanics) and major exploits(god mode, stacking consumables etc). I'm not even sure if this works, but if somebody used an underwater breathing potion on yrlwalach to take no damage from the yellow bubble mechanic, is that exploiting or is that clever mechanics?

  13. #178
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    I said it before, iyam the only thing that matters here is if they went to the devs with the bug said hey, we exploited using this and we feel bad about it. Thats the one redeeming factor in this.
    If thats not the case all the apology after the fact says is that youre sorry you got caught.
    A permaban is probably too harsh of a punishment but there needs to be some sort of reaction from the devs to what you did. And it should go beyond just taking away the extra marks/loot you earned.

    Also fwiw im not american.
    Last edited by paschl; 02-13-2015 at 06:43 AM.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

  14. #179
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    MY TURN!

    if you were actually sorry and felt any bit of remorse for what you did, you would have admitted to it before being punished, don't think for a minute that anybody here thinks you're actually sorry for cheating.

    trying to defend the fact that you had what seems like almost your entire guild based on the time to quack thread soloing rof and then saying you didn't gain much of an advantage because of drop rate rng, is complete garbage. sure you might have been able to kill things just as fast if you hadn't done that, but that is a pretty huge advantage gain, i would love to be able to get more rof kills in my guild.


    Also, stop trying to use NQ as a scapegoat, i think using what is more of clever mechanics of using pets to tank isn't really on the same level as using an invincibility god mode bug to solo raid content. If you want a real raid exploit to compare it to, compare it to consumable stacking(even though you probably did that too). Yes, an exploit is an exploit, but there is a pretty clear line between minor(things that could be argued as clever mechanics) and major exploits(god mode, stacking consumables etc). I'm not even sure if this works, but if somebody used an underwater breathing potion on yrlwalach to take no damage from the yellow bubble mechanic, is that exploiting or is that clever mechanics?
    I didn't even mention NQ in the quoted post but okay.

    You're aware that the pet tanking exploit caused both Matriarch and Regulos to do no mechanics whatsoever right? Literally, boss dummies. Either you're not aware of this or you're trolling. I have to assume you're trolling because you spouted the "clever mechanics" line, which was a laughable deflection.

    It's hilarious that you think I stacked consumables, though. If you want to question Trinity's integrity pre-SL, take it up with Raivee, who I assume exercised due diligence. I know I didn't and I really don't care what you or your EI spider mount think one way or another.

  15. #180
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    I suggest reading the post above yours before coming out posting in ignorance.
    I've read the whole thread and the 'Quack' thread fully, thanks for your concern. I'm still sticking by my opinion and wasn't it you that was strutting around last year telling us all how Rift raiding was a joke and that you and your Guild were off to play the superior raiding game? what was that game again? oh yeah, Wildstar, yet here you are now back in Rift and trying to justify getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

    Call me cynical or whatever but i call it like i see it, what's the expression? "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me", sorry i'm not buying it.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts