Closed Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree758Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: See that duck up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
    Looking forward to doing a dungeon and some pvp tonight.
    Last edited by regall; 02-13-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.
    Is that an exploit?
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBFB View Post
    Is that an exploit?
    I'm a dudess playing a dudess and a dude disguised as a dudess and dude. But I'm not a duck, or am I?

I'm confused >.<

Cheaters should never prosper.
    One of the first things I learned back in a days of being Unreal Tournament cup supervisor for ClanBase. Same excuses i've seen back there, no sympathy for you, no matter how good player you are.
    You deserve a permaban.
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 02-13-2015 at 03:55 AM. Reason: ......

I'm greatly shocked about this whole thing.
    I could never imagine such a bug existed, and it's unthinkable that known people, ambassadors of the community, used that in a massive online game.

I don't even understand what's the drive behind this. There's litterally nothing to gain from exploiting this game.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    I could never imagine such a bug existed, and it's unthinkable that known people, ambassadors of the community, used that in a massive online game.
    Either naive or sarcasm. Can't tell which.

Soulwalker

When can the rest of the player base expect to get our compensation for this exploit, Trion? Raid weapons would be acceptable. It's an outrage that people can do something like this and I'm not getting anything.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CowGoesMoo View Post
    Because Trion thinks making an example out of these people is an effective way to stop exploiting. All I'm getting from this is that after you exploit, make sure to post on the forums admitting that you exploited and you won't get permabanned.
    Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Or anyone exploiting could of just pmd archonix like daglar said. Calling yourself out publicly is a choice that no one has to make. The thread being acknowledged and monitored by trion is pointless and being stickied is even more ridiculous.
    I bet it is a hard step for most of these guys. Getting a punishment and to be upsetted about that is one Thing... to eat humble pie and to admit to be an exploiter/buguser is the essential punishment. Most of them are wellknown raider/poster and rebuked here and there by themselves... How painful!

Quote Originally Posted by InflatablePanda View Post
    I actually don't know how many lines im crossing here. Although i am well aware i am about to cross some. A lot of people knew about this exploit, some of which used it for old world achieves and those alike, and some used it and attempted it before realizing they couldn't recreate it. A lot of these people are around the people on their white horses here. We got caught, we're dealing with the consequences. but try not to get on your horses before realizing how many people around you actually did the same, just havn't or won't be caught.
    It is ridicoulous how some point out here, that "others do same" or "are only envy because of not able to". It is that kind of playmates I hate most: loudmouthed, but at last "Not-(only)me"'s...
    Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    I don't get why they have to apologize publicly. On top of that, the thread is even stickied. It's not like they did anything wrong to me or other players that they have to apologize to us. A letter of apology and appeal for leniency should have been made directly and privately to the appropriate party instead, which is Trion.

I truly don't understand the reasoning for this new policy.
    They didn't harm Trion. I bet, Daglar and mates have no personal advantage or disadvantage if players exploit or use bugs or cheat. But the interest of Trion is the reputation of the game which gets affected and the interests of players to have fun in their game. These exploiters violated rules... sure, but more weight has their betrayal of other Players, and thats the reason why the should apologize officially and why that thread is sticky.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Is everyone who exploited experts in trouble? Rip Rift

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Either naive or sarcasm. Can't tell which.
    Quite naive.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Champion of Telara

Ok, they exploited, they got caught, now the discussion is if they should be punished or not? if you do not punish them, then what good is creating a discussion about it? How about we actually change this topic into what would be a proper punishment that will both serve as a lesson, and at the same time not force those players to quit Rift? Simply stripping them off what gear and achievements they earned by exploiting is the same as having zero punishment. Here are some suggestions:

- If it were guilds that organised and participated in those exploits, reset them back to Level 1 and force them to relevel.
    - Individual players have their PA levels resetted to 0 and/or
    - Individual players have all their raiding and dungeon currencies resetted to 0 and/or
    - Individual players have a significant part of their platinum removed

The purpose is to both make those players sore that they lose something by exploiting and glad that they get to keep their accounts, and also scare others who may be considering exploiting in the future.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post

I don't even understand what's the drive behind this. There's litterally nothing to gain from exploiting this game.
    If this thread is about exploit on Drekanoth, which certain guild abused for months then I have spoken with a guy who originally found exploit (because I have alt in that guild) and he told me he was specifically looking for exploits on RoF bosses because his guild could not meet dps requirements. Later they were just too lazy to do it properly so they kept exploiting it.
    I do not agree with exploiting things, personally I do not find it very enjoyable either but I am sure you can yourself remember expert boss Skylla which can be exploited by tank in order to avoid taking damage from "All or Nothing" and we both know we used that exploit couple of times back at the start of NT when it was quite a dps check for undergeared groups.
    I consider this to be a major flaw in PvE content, all raid fights have these fixed enrage timers which force you to use certain raid composition and be able to play specs to a maximum of their potential instead of testing players ability to handle mechanics. Lately lot of fights have turned into stupid dummy parsing (with exception of few good fights like Threngar).

What I find disturbing is that people got punished for exploiting (that's fine and I support that) but there is no sign TRION has learned a lesson. What I mean is that with every single piece of new content there are bugs which share similar pattern, like people trying to jump on some objects, line of sight boss, kite boss, using pets (defiler beacon on first Jino / Apo kill anyone?) to bug or avoid mechanics and list goes on. Sometimes these bugs are reported even on PTS by players and they make it to live anyway.

Interesting is that these bugs are usually fixed almost immediately when you can exploit them. Like when Apo killed Pumpkin and it respawned. Few minutes later there was a server announcement that they will reset instances of TF ...
    I have reported bug couple of months ago that on lot of places in marble palace you can get under ground by using blink ability. I guess it would get fixed quite fast if I go to Bloodiron and start killing people while being under ground.

Plane Walker

If they each offer me a beer or two, im willing to forgive them.

However the items gained should be removed, and as punishment you should remove twice or three times the amount they got in marks...and remove 10 or 20 PA level...and give official warning that next time they would get a ban...or even perma bann if participating exploiting stuff.
    Last edited by ReveBeck; 02-13-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ReveBeck View Post

However the items gained should be removed, and as punishment you should remove twice or three times the amount they got in marks...and remove 10 or 20 PA level.
    10-20 PA levels? That's... nothing....
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Quote Originally Posted by ReveBeck View Post

However the items gained should be removed, and as punishment you should remove twice or three times the amount they got in marks...and remove 10 or 20 PA level.
    M8 I'll even crack you a doz. We got a deal?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast