+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Much damage, very wow

Default Much damage, very wow

It seems like following the patch there is significantly more ST damage to the tanks on Izkinra. I'm guessing that this was unintentional.

Sorry, not particularly helpful (maybe others can supply information). Most guilds that I talked to added a healer. Not a huge deal for those who have it on farm but for those who don't... I'd imagine it's not so awesome.

(I've heard about unreasonable damage on other fights too but didn't see it).

Inb4 "lrn 2 heal"

We had one of our ROF groups tonight, and things were a bit weird for us in there. On Ungolok, for one the shark's interrupt seems to have changed name (Puncture Spleen instead of Puncture Heart) though it still did the same thing when it went through (one-shot tank). Also, and this could've just been RNG I suppose, but the timing on the barb stacks seemed different, as well as the timing of shark's spawn. Drekanoth was also pretty laggy on some mechanics compared to what I'm used to.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Hmm... didn't try RoF yet this week so didn't see that.

I should also mention that on Yrlwalach we saw two bugs we've never seen before:
    1. Some players never getting stacks and therefore never having to turn around.
    2. The person who goes into first person and has to click the add would get stuck in first person and even after they get the add, would remain in first person until they die. They are unable to do any other mechanics. We've seen this one happen once before but tonight it happened more than once.

Had a mystery mechanic on Ungolok, Vile Spit(?) hit the tank for 292k dmg from the shark. Was not the interrupt mechanic.

Izkinra - Warmaster Ilrath was straight trucking our tank, had to add heals to get through phase 1

Ywrlwalach - had people not getting stacks, getting multiple stacks at a time, getting stuck in first person, multiple people in first person.

Fun night, didn't get everything done tonight because of these fun new features.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    We had one of our ROF groups tonight, and things were a bit weird for us in there. On Ungolok, for one the shark's interrupt seems to have changed name (Puncture Spleen instead of Puncture Heart) though it still did the same thing when it went through (one-shot tank). Also, and this could've just been RNG I suppose, but the timing on the barb stacks seemed different, as well as the timing of shark's spawn. Drekanoth was also pretty laggy on some mechanics compared to what I'm used to.
    EU said the shark was hitting the tank for 300k+ and needed to be ranged down before it got to the tank. We went in tonight and were fine (the interupt name was changed but it isn't ment to go off anyways).

Drekanoth only did 1 Life pie slice.

Izkinra: On the first pull only the tank tanking the 2nd add (with the interupt) was getting hit for 140k+ autos. During our second pull any tank that had more than 2 stacks of Armor Sheer would get hit for 165k+

Yarlwalch: The same person got the add mechanic twice. The second time he broke it out and then stayed in first person until he went and died.

I'm guessing the RoF changes were because of something in the Chronicle. Izkinra no idea.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

We had the same issue in MS tonight. Just so happened our other tank was missing so assumed it was that and healed/cd though it but until all the tells asking if we had the same probs came through we thought our healers just got terrible over the last week.

The right twin of izkinra was hitting a lot harder than before.

Yrlwalach, the two bugs you mentioned. For the first one, seems there's lil squids flying around and when you kill them you get a buff and can't get stacks from when the infinity stares back.

Rift Disciple

The Shark i brought up to to a Dev and later after we kill it said it was fixed it was Vile spit hitting tanks for 300k

Quote Originally Posted by Aielma View Post
    Hmm... didn't try RoF yet this week so didn't see that.

I should also mention that on Yrlwalach we saw two bugs we've never seen before:
    1. Some players never getting stacks and therefore never having to turn around.
    2. The person who goes into first person and has to click the add would get stuck in first person and even after they get the add, would remain in first person until they die. They are unable to do any other mechanics. We've seen this one happen once before but tonight it happened more than once.
    the first one I think was cause by the story quest in the new zone due to there being another ncp under the same exact name "the yrlwalach" some of the mechanics with these two may of been swapped. half of beep beep ima jeeps raid had immunity though I didn't I had had done the quest. doesn't seem consistent.
    Last edited by evelen; 01-29-2015 at 06:33 AM.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Plane Walker

Izkinra new hardest boss of the tier.

We experianced the same on Yrlwalach: some players never getting stacks and a player gets stuck in first person.
    Koz

#jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    #jellyfish
    Storm torrenting at random, I killed one, and got the buff. EZMode activate!

No one in raid could see them, but spamming enough AoE killed some.... somehow.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Shadowlander

Any GM wanna comment on whether this change was intentional?

Some of the RNG hits get a little crazy.

Was without any armour debuff stacks.
    Last edited by Fullen; 01-30-2015 at 03:10 PM. Reason: img tags don't work?

RIFT Guide Writer

Think our Cleric Tank said it was acting like you had 2 stacks of armor sheer constant, so get 1 = trucked like 3 stacks and so on.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Greetings,

In order to compensate for this, we're reducing the frequency of attacks by Warmaster Ilrath from every 1s to every 1.5s. This should significantly reduce the total DPS burden on the tank with regard to heals.

Good hunting,

Anony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast