+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: About Chill of the Void (ranged relic weapon proc)

Default About Chill of the Void (ranged relic weapon proc)

Hello,

Upgraded the ranged weapon to relic the other day, and proceeded to be amazed at the 600-1000 dps boost from the proc in expert.
    For those of you you might be unfamiliar with Chill of the Void, it's the name of the proc from relic ranged weapon (Crits with damaging or healing abilities may damage or heal for 6936 over 5 seconds, increasing damage or healing taken from Nightmare Tide weapon effects by 25%).

But, I then sometimes noticed the dot left on my target was sometimes dropping out before reaching 0. Which was most certainly caused by the other person in my group having its own Chill of the void being applied to the target.

Now I understand why the debuff doesn't stack between different people : you don't want the 25% increase on procs to stack up. That makes sense (imagine having 10 instances of it at the same time from different players on the same target). However that also greatly reduce the damage potential from an individual player (coming from the proc) in a group setting. In fact, the total output coming from ranged relic weapon proc from 20 people in a raid setting in its current state is 1387.2, while I personally have had sometimes close to 1000 coming in expert.

This is not game breaking, but greatly reduces the worth of the upgrade for non-rogues in a raid setting.

A few solution that I hope shouldn't be too hard to implement:
    -Separate the dot from the debuff part, letting the debuff overwrite from different players, but letting the damage over time part stack.
    -Or, make the damage instant and still apply the debuff over 5 seconds.
    -Or, like symbol of corruption from Inquisitor: if the dot is already present on the target, have its damage dealt instantly instead of applying a new debuff. This last solution reduces the debuff uptime in a raid setting though.

Thanks for your time !
    Last edited by fufi; 01-06-2015 at 05:39 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

RIFT Guide Writer

Same deal with procs in SL t2 and t3. Unlikely its gonna change
    Acuta - Apotheosys

In prior tiers concensus was the following:

+25% stack additively, unrelated to the dot component.

Dot with the same name can be applied only once. So people will overwrite each other.

Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    In prior tiers concensus was the following:

+25% stack additively, unrelated to the dot component.

Dot with the same name can be applied only once. So people will overwrite each other.
    I'm unsure what you're getting at. (To be honest, in previous tiers the numbers of items with that kind of proc my guilds got was so low that I never really bothered testing out that stuff).

The current situation is that every single raid ranged weapon currently comes from Finric, and all of them upgrade to relic using a Heart from Threngar (or cq), and all of these relic have the same proc (described in the first post), and to my knowledge this is the only proc of this nature in Nightmare Tide. There also is only one component, that is both a debuff for 25% on procs and a damage over time.

This is quite a big change compared to previous tiers. Fact is that in Apotheosys we already have at least 4 of these after only 4 (or is it 5 ?) weeks of clearing content (thanks in part to hearts dropping in conquest). I can see us having more of these weapons sooner than later, while in the past, the number of relics having this kind of proc were quite limited.

A notable difference compared to the previous tiers is also that there was no pre-existing code that should be easily adaptable to solution this problem (inquisitor Symbol of Corruption).
    Last edited by fufi; 01-07-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    I'm unsure what you're getting at. (To be honest, in previous tiers the numbers of items with that kind of proc my guilds got was so low that I never really bothered testing out that stuff).

The current situation is that every single raid ranged weapon currently comes from Finric, and all of them upgrade to relic using a Heart from Threngar (or cq), and all of these relic have the same proc (described in the first post), and to my knowledge this is the only proc of this nature in Nightmare Tide. There also is only one component, that is both a debuff for 25% on procs and a damage over time.

This is quite a big change compared to previous tiers. Fact is that in Apotheosys we already have at least 4 of these after only 4 (or is it 5 ?) weeks of clearing content (thanks in part to hearts dropping in conquest). I can see us having more of these weapons sooner than later, while in the past, the number of relics having this kind of proc were quite limited.

A notable difference compared to the previous tiers is also that there was no pre-existing code that should be easily adaptable to solution this problem (inquisitor Symbol of Corruption).
    t3 had weird weapon procs, so i never cared.

But in T2 when I started playing the game I was talking with ppl who were leading theorycrafting back then and they explained me it like this. additively stacking invisible buff.

When I first got my volan staff it did like 300 dps and once we got more range weapons upgraded that number increased to the neighborhood of 600 dps I think. So I was like: okay seems to be true.

And since trion is the epitome of lazyness when it comes to being creative with coding, I'd be surprised they'd changed anything in the general functionality.

So what you're saying is that there's an invisible debuff component, that is not being removed when other people proc, and another component, my dot, that is visible, is removed by other people's dots ?
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    So what you're saying is that there's an invisible debuff component, that is not being removed when other people proc, and another component, my dot, that is visible, is removed by other people's dots ?
    ye that's what i was told.
    the dot is for sure. weapon proc dots with the same name will overwrite each other. and the +25% is some stealth additively stacking buff afaik. maybe someone official will enlighten us in this matter.

Well it really does sound like it's working reversed as intended, so I doubt anyone official would confirm this
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

This proc is being looked at and adjusted. If all goes well, it will be a part of the next hotfix.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    This proc is being looked at and adjusted. If all goes well, it will be a part of the next hotfix.
    Could the "Empowered Dreambreaker Mace" as seen by the image below, have its proc damage brought up to par of its near same counter part? Right now, it's about 42% less than its PvE counterpart - and only procs on damage, not heals.

edit; Having it's stats brought up to be comparable values of its PvE counterpart would also be nice.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 01-12-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    --BC

RIFT Guide Writer

Can the DPS procs on off-hands be looked at? Seeing 400 DPS from a relic is sad when the Experts do 1.5k+.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

How about making one of mages' main-hander relics a dps proc maybe?
    Last edited by BadTouch; 01-13-2015 at 02:02 AM.
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

Ascendant

Is there any chance that you will also fix the incorrect procs on dps trinkets? There's with with tank proc.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BadTouch View Post
    How about making one of mages' main-hander relics a dps proc maybe?
    Then equipping MH+OH would give you two procs that hit for the same amount as the 2H weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by trionsaur REX View Post
    Then equipping MH+OH would give you two procs that hit for the same amount as the 2H weapon.
    I don't know whether I should facepalm, facedesk, or try to answer.

Two hander's proc is deals two times the damage of a single one-hander's proc.

Which stands for reason that to equalize the damge between two one handers and one two-hander, you need two dps procs on one handers.

In other words, currently 2 one-handers setup has half the proc dps of a two hander.

Two hander has a 12000~ dps proc written on it doesn't it?
    Last edited by BadTouch; 01-13-2015 at 04:58 AM.
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast