Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Heart of the Frozen

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Well... hearts are bop so getting them on alts is fine, if your alts need them. RIC were boa.

All 4 hearts I got are on main. I actually don't have any real alts. I have several low level alts for AH but nothing that can even step into CQ (or even NT or even SL zones) yet. I think I gotten about 40 total RICs over the life of SL. I ended up upgrading my dps and tank essences as well as pvp gear. I still have like 20 RICs left which will end up becoming nightmare stars eventually. The alts come in handy for event stuff tho. Alot of the fluff are boa. Which allows me to pick up the bop piece of gear for the upgrade.

Thanks for the info. That's actually really good to know. Like I said I haven't really looked at the pieces yet but I'll take a much more serious look now. The helm will have to stay, my first week's sparkle was a dps helm from MS which I hope will last and save me from buying with horrors. I'll probably end up waiting til Fae Yule is over cause this way I should have enough horrors and hopefully able to supplement what the sparkles give me with the store armor.

It's shocking that (some) upgraded lessers are worse then their un-upgraded versions. WTH is Trion thinking. Here's hoping it's just an oversight and they'll fix it.
    yeah, i don't upgrade anything with them, just link them in 60 chat. ; )

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #77
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    It's shocking that (some) upgraded lessers are worse then their un-upgraded versions. WTH is Trion thinking. Here's hoping it's just an oversight and they'll fix it.
    This tends to be a bug when someone is doing mass implementation of items. Please report these with the in game bug report tool if you have not already.

~Daglar

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #78
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffahr View Post
    So.. WHY is the heart in CQ in the first place?

You cannot upgrade PvP gear or essences with it, so why is it in PVP?

In SL you could upgrade your pvp gear with the RiC and upgrade older pve gear, now you can ONLY upgrade Raid items to BiS, so, again WHY is it in pvp?
    More items will be using the heart as an upgrade component in the future - not just items earned in raid zones. We could have held the heart until that point in time, but felt it was better to have the chase reward in now.

~Daglar

Shadowlander

So when are we going to be able to buy it for credits/plat ?

It will be pure rng boxes with hearts

RIFT Guide Writer

I would like to see a realistic path to gear up that is based on actually doing something instead of just being lucky. 1 heart per week for clearing 20-man when those people have 10+ items each to upgrade is a bad joke. 1 heart drop on Finric, 3 from Threngar and 1 from Yrlwalach would be a good start.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I would like to see a realistic path to gear up that is based on actually doing something instead of just being lucky. 1 heart per week for clearing 20-man when those people have 10+ items each to upgrade is a bad joke. 1 heart drop on Finric, 3 from Threngar and 1 from Yrlwalach would be a good start.
    Agree with this, would be a decent start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    They should implement extra loot chests for achievements again next year:
    MS: Boss 2-4 for an additional Frozen Heart.
    RoF: Boss 3 FH chest and Finric an additional chest with a heart and an additional trinket drop.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

so it sounds like whenever Trion releases a tier, it's best to just wait at least 2-3 months after the release. Gear is better. bugs are gone. more ways to get BIS gear, etc......

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    so it sounds like whenever Trion releases a tier, it's best to just wait at least 2-3 months after the release. Gear is better. bugs are gone. more ways to get BIS gear, etc......
    It's the same in every game. The beginning of the tier is for firsts, not gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    More items will be using the heart as an upgrade component in the future - not just items earned in raid zones. We could have held the heart until that point in time, but felt it was better to have the chase reward in now.

~Daglar
    Oh, great. More items to have its upgrade dependant on pure luck and rng.
    Can I ask whose idea was that? Who is behind an idea that playing lottery is a proper way of upgrading gear?

Original (Rift 2.0) upgrade component known as "radiant infinity cell" was on start available by defeating end bosses of both 20-man raids. Later, it was added to hard mode encounters of same raids and after all that it was added to conquest so pvp players can have a chance to earn them too. It kind of made sense.

But now, you can get 1 (one) heart per week in 20 man raid (which was defeated by only 2 guilds in Rift) and every player can upgrade lessers, weapons and armor with it. So we all need quite a large number of them.
    So, realistically, only chance of getting your upgrade component is to join conquest and pray for rng on box roll.

At the moment, you have people with 3-4 hearts none of which they can use and people with zero hearts and more conquest wins. It is very discouraging when people realize getting upgrades is out of their control and only depends on random number generators.

There is no connection between effort and reward, getting upgrades depends only on your internal random number generator. You think this was a good idea? You couldn't think of some other ways of acquiring heart except playing lottery on conquest box?

You remember this quote?

"the best items in the game will always have to be earned in Telara."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt people who read this will expect that "have to be earned" actually means be good at playing lottery on conquest chest....
    Last edited by Eione; 12-19-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    20 man raid (which was defeated by only 3 guilds in Rift)
    FTFY.

I agree with the sentiment that having an item such as this completely left up to RNG outside of 1 from completing the 20m a pretty bad joke. Upping the number Threngar drops and/or adding 1 to the Yrl would be a step in the right direction. Finric as well.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 12-19-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    FTFY.

I agree with the sentiment that having an item such as this completely left up to RNG outside of 1 from completing the 20m a pretty bad joke. Upping the number Threngar drops and/or adding 1 to the Yrl would be a step in the right direction. Finric as well.
    Presumably there would be one in tyrants as well.

But that still doesn't offset the fact that some lucky person with too much time on their hands could get every heart they would ever need in a single week via CQ. Having a "limitless" reward path for something normally locked behind ...lockouts...is bad form.

Especially when world gear marks were given a cap for the exact same reason(its as good as expert gear and expert gear is limited)...but in this case its top tier raid gear.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #89
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    You remember this quote?

"the best items in the game will always have to be earned in Telara."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt people who read this will expect that "have to be earned" actually means be good at playing lottery on conquest chest....
    I very much so remember that quote, which still stands.

You have to play the game to earn these, either by defeating raid bosses currently, or by winning conquest, successfully looting the chest, and then it is a chance.

I will not argue the point that you dislike the RNG portion of the CQ method of acquisition. It appears you do not. However, it is an alternate path to obtaining this item, that would normally not be available for some players. We provide opportunities for players to take.

We'll be reviewing if there are other methods for acquisition that we wish to add in the future.

~Daglar

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I very much so remember that quote, which still stands.

You have to play the game to earn these, either by defeating raid bosses currently, or by winning conquest, successfully looting the chest, and then it is a chance.

I will not argue the point that you dislike the RNG portion of the CQ method of acquisition. It appears you do not. However, it is an alternate path to obtaining this item, that would normally not be available for some players. We provide opportunities for players to take.

We'll be reviewing if there are other methods for acquisition that we wish to add in the future.

~Daglar
    why not just allow people to buy heart of frozen with raid marks.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast