+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ATTENTION: Jinoscoth & Kill Validation

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default ATTENTION: Jinoscoth & Kill Validation

Greetings,

It has come to our attention there is an exploit in the Jinoscoth fight involving player pets to mitigate a certain mechanic. We are checking the logs and will validate any and every kill until the hotfix is deployed.

This is an official notice. If you abuse this, we will be forced to take action.

Sincerely,

Anony

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post
    It has come to our attention there is an exploit in the Jinoscoth fight involving player pets to mitigate a certain mechanic. We are checking the logs and will validate any and every kill until the hotfix is deployed.
    Wow, NQ just posted about coming back and they're already using the same Regulos exploit? Gotta hand it to them, they work fast.

I was following along great on this post, agreeing with everything he says, and then out of left field....

Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    I would really like to see New York, its great city.

Rift Disciple

Apparently using game mechanics is considered an exploit.
    Shard/World first are all about how many developer friends you have to spill the beans.
    For everyone else who tries to do it using game mechanics will hit the "not intended" wall.

IMO if something is live means fair game in my book as long as no 3rd party programs were used. People shouldn't have to figure out what the developers intended, they should just kill it with their given resources.

Plane Touched

Let it go
    Let it goooo

This topic has already been discussed thoroughly on two other separate threads. Nothing else to say.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

We tested this encounter before release and I specifically asked if pets would absorb the crystal and was categorically told no they wouldn't and that it was intentional that they would not.

We also pointed out out the typo where Jinsocoth shouts something about the moutain and it was also not fixed

i dont know what the problem is, i didnt see any insects in mount sharax, so york was right!
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by SmAcAholic View Post
    IMO if something is live means fair game in my book as long as no 3rd party programs were used. People shouldn't have to figure out what the developers intended, they should just kill it with their given resources.
    Using bugs to avoid mechanics is not acceptable. There isn't a "oh, there's a bug so it's ok" excuse.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SmAcAholic View Post
    Apparently using game mechanics is considered an exploit.
    Shard/World first are all about how many developer friends you have to spill the beans.
    For everyone else who tries to do it using game mechanics will hit the "not intended" wall.

"Officer, this vault should never have been used, its not my fault my safecracking tools were able to defeat its paltry system. Its totally the vault manufacturer's fault!"

Just like in life, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Daglar warned everyone pretty clearly (like..years ago?) with the post stickied at the top of the forum.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    "Officer, this vault should never have been used, its not my fault my safecracking tools were able to defeat its paltry system. Its totally the vault manufacturer's fault!"
    Except, in your analogy, Trion is asking you to crack their safe without giving you instructions and then getting mad at you for using something they didn't think of. Which apparently they did think of, and knew about during testing, but never, uh, fixed?

Guys stacking power stones is in the game it's ok to use

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Except, in your analogy, Trion is asking you to crack their safe without giving you instructions and then getting mad at you for using something they didn't think of. Which apparently they did think of, and knew about during testing, but never, uh, fixed?
    Uh no, the exploit has been pretty well layed out. If you didn't know it was an exploit you would have to be pretty dumb and I don't think you are dumb. You shouldn't be trying to crack the safe in the first place cause ya know....its illegal.

So yea they should have fixed it if they knew about it. Not disagreeing, but again. Just cause you can do something doesn't mean you should. This is no different than any other exploit in Rift's history. The response from the people doing the exploiting is always the same. And the excuse is always the same amount of BS.

Take responsibility for what you did, and move on to the next boss.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 11-12-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Using bugs to avoid mechanics is not acceptable. There isn't a "oh, there's a bug so it's ok" excuse.
    A specious argument.

Unless you publish the SPEC for a fight no one not involved with its creation can KNOW what is WAI and what isn't, can they?

http://imgur.com/j4nS1qP

This is my take on the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Except that we didn't avoid any mechanics. To my knowledge we killed 3 Crystals while the other guild who killed this boss didn't have the dps to break them so they skipped 7 of them. lol.

Also, beacon is not a bug. It's a defiler ability. It's meant to intercept damage. That's what it did. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Your example is really wrong:
    If you symbolize the raid encounter with the vault, well.. then, yes.. it's meant to be opened. The encounter is there to be defeated.
    If you symbolize the crystal mechanic with the vault then in that case we used a "key" 3 times (properly took and killed crystal) and used a "masterkey" for the rest of times (intercepting with a beacon).
    On the other hand, Vendetta decided to smash Sedvicks skull on that vault 7 times and break it open. (suicide him 7 times and ress him)

idk why it's still so hard to understand that we basically played the mechanics while others skipped them completely..
    Our 1st kill Vid is up. Vendetta 1st kill vid is also up. Go check, compare and make your own conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by PRK815 View Post
    Guys stacking power stones is in the game it's ok to use
    Another misleading and irrelevant comparison..
    Power stones are meant to be a unique application - You can only have one of them.
    Beacon is mean to intercept damage - that's what it did.

Want a better comparison?
    Suiciding and ressing someone 7 times to skip all 7 crystals on a 5 min encounter is equal to that cheese tactic that guild performed on Maklamos Hardmode back in ID days.
    They just brought something like 12 resses and suicided the links because they were unable to do them properly.. heh..

To sum it up for you,
    We defeated the encounter doing more mechanics (we killed 3 crystals compared to them skipping all 7)
    We did more DPS on a much tighter DPS check (933.2k compared to 900k)
    We barely failed the boss healing mechanic (Boss healed for only 460k HP compared to them healing the boss for over 13 million HP)
    Since we didn't skip all those crystals we had to move the boss around far more and manage space, which was how the fight meant to be and required a lot more coordination compared to the others standing still and performing a dummy parse while occasionally sending someone on a suicide mission and ress him.

Both 1st kill videos are up. Go check them and compare using your own judgement.
    The 6-7? battle resses one looked far cheesier to me.

As for the DEV decision to disqualify us.
    We accept it mainly because it was vividly displayed to us what will happen if we dont. Fair enough. We are not looking for trouble..
    However, We disagree with it as a guild and we still think our strat was ok.

We are also not going to try it again since we are in no position to fight game developers.
    We already have a new strat and, honestly, we were never told (or heard) which kind of ways are meant to be legit and which aren't.

Due to our progression so far (world 1st) we are the first ones to see how the encounters are released on live and it's honestly not our job to spam devs with questions whether a strat will be considered valid or not.
    There is a QA team that approved an encounter to go live as is. Cant stress any more to explain how and why it's not our fault or concern to know which game abilities are ok on a specific fight.
    When we wall parked Maelforge to avoid Tyrant's Fire knockback they simply changed the mechanic to make our strat not work with no further drama. Same could have happened here.

my 2 cents, no offense intended.

peace out!
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast