Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Vendetta and the double DtF

Powerstones.

the only ground for disqualification do to exploit would be that we used an Adaii.... aside from that; DODGE waves, kill it, then you can talk...
    Kailes-Cleric @Greybriar
    Rekt: RoF[4/4] MS[5/5] TF[3/3]

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kailes View Post
    the only ground for disqualification do to exploit would be that we used an Adaii.... aside from that; DODGE waves, kill it, then you can talk...
    Adaii uses a Gameshark, I think he learned it from Kormander or something.

why even worry about what a bunch of ****ing nerds think

Ascendant

I had a feeling this gossip would escalate while I'm on vacation. I'll clarify the one thing which actually matters: our communication with Trion.

I was probably the first person in this game to realize how powerful Defend the Fallen was; indeed, the dps contribution of this ability combined with the shielding and personal Oracle dps meant you never, ever wanted to run an Inquisitor again. I ran the maths and everything worked out where Oracle was a dps gain over Inquisitor, and also constantly shielded the raid through heavy damage. I messaged Kervik back in May and he applied a blocker. Unfortunately the blocker only applies following the expiration of the damage buff, which means you can still run multiple oracles per raid and chain Defend the Fallen casts. We don't have the clerics to do this but a guild with enough clerics could easily take advantage of this and gain excellent shielding for either neutral dps contribution or a gain. This blocker should ideally apply immediately when targets are affected by the ability (or a more polished solution should be established).

On the Maelforge encounter Asias resets all cooldowns. Since the blocker does not immediately apply, this means you can chain Defend the Fallen by casting Defend the Fallen, then Asias, and right before DtF expires you re-cast it. Specifically because a blocker existed (although poorly implemented) I explained the situation to the designer of this raid. I asked for his explicit permission in using this combination of abilities, and he gave us the OK. I was clear that we would follow any orders from him if he felt we were going outside the spirit of the encounter.

TLDR : I am probably the main individual responsible for a blocker existing in the first place. Because of the blocker I confirmed with the developer responsible for Binding of Maelforge that we can use these series of abilities.

That's really the end of the story. If you want to debate whether or not we would have killed it without chaining Asias, that makes me smile considering how ridiculous that idea is.

I don't know the context of who is spreading rumors or which pathetic guilds actually believe them. I've been gone the last few days enjoying my time away from Rift and I shall continue doing so, knowing that many people are once again jealous of a better raid group than them.

http://guild-vendetta.enjin.com/ if you're interested in world-first progression for 3.0. We do not condone exploits, and anything remotely plausible as a bug we immediately report to the developers and ask if it's ok to use. If this sounds like a good place for you, apply.
    Last edited by Ahov; 08-19-2014 at 12:29 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Dont get me wrong i like drama as much as the next guy but the people making the biggest deal out of it itt are weirdly vendetta members.
    Cant we all be friends?
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

OH MY GOD! They used something we didn't think of when we did brag much about our mechanic cheese of a different kind, these people are so exploiting LAWD AM I ANGRY.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Dont get me wrong i like drama as much as the next guy but the people making the biggest deal out of it itt are weirdly vendetta members.
    Cant we all be friends?
    Unfortunately that's exactly why this thread was made. There were non Vendetta members in top guilds making a BIG deal about it.

As long as I get my weeekly wednesday farm streams I'm happy :3

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

So... I wonder who's complaining about this, because it's pretty sad regardless of whether you take away their World First or not, they still killed it before other guilds the following week. Sorry, this thread kind of made me laugh.

The jealousy is strong with this one, but the stupidity is much more powerful.
    Last edited by Byaku; 08-19-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    So... I wonder who's complaining about this, because it's pretty sad regardless of whether you take away their World First or not, they still killed it before other guilds the following week. Sorry, this thread kind of made me laugh.

The jealousy is strong with this one, but the stupidity is much more powerful.
    You should do some ultra stronghold jumps.

Just out of curiosity out of the three guilds that have cleared it, who spent the most/least time on the boss?

Personally I find information like that more useful, especially for the first 1-3 kills. After that it's pointless due to the kill vids and write ups about the fight.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Just out of curiosity out of the three guilds that have cleared it, who spent the most/least time on the boss?

Personally I find information like that more useful, especially for the first 1-3 kills. After that it's pointless due to the kill vids and write ups about the fight.
    Probably Trinity -> Vendetta -> Apotheoyssysisyss (I CAN'T TYPE THAT)

Trinity and Vendetta were (fairly) close in time spent during a large portion of progression, we just killed it sooner so they ended up spending more time (correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I had a feeling this gossip would escalate while I'm on vacation.
    So making a thread to further escalate the gossip mill will surly help. A thread that say roughly is 50% post from Vendetta at that. Keep bumping this thread and jumping on the defensive about strats.

Ascendant

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. No good will come of it.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2