+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFG Que time?

Soulwalker

Default LFG Que time?

Hey! I just got back from a long break and decided to try out a random classic expert dungeon on my rogue. After waiting for a long time and no sign of a group i asked on lvl 60 chat how long it usually takes, someone said it is pointless to que alone as dps Is it always like this? How about random storm legion ones?

I am also planning to lvl a tank/healer they probably have shorter ques? I play casually and i dont feel like waiting for hours just to get into dungeons.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Think of it like this, for every one Tank or Healer queuing there's one hundred DPS also trying to queue

It's a common issue in every MMO, no matter if they're released 3 weeks ago or 3 years ago, you'd think that with every calling now able to Tank, Heal, DPS and Support in Rift that would be sorted, apparently not

Tank queues are instant most of the time. Healer queues are very short(instant to 5mins). DPS queues are long(usually an hour or more).
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Drettys View Post
    Hey! I just got back from a long break and decided to try out a random classic expert dungeon on my rogue. After waiting for a long time and no sign of a group i asked on lvl 60 chat how long it usually takes, someone said it is pointless to que alone as dps Is it always like this? How about random storm legion ones?

I am also planning to lvl a tank/healer they probably have shorter ques? I play casually and i dont feel like waiting for hours just to get into dungeons.
    DPS is usually the most common role in a MMO. Like the above posts said, for every tank thats queuing there are simply the boatloads more of DPS also trying to queue. You can increase your chance to get a queue as DPS if you are able to also check the "Support" role, but thats about all you can do.

Also one of the reason Tanks and Heals are a lot less populated are also because

1. Lack of epeen/dps meter, so they cant talk big like some stupid DPS.

2. More responsibilities. Also DPS is usually also the 1st to complain if anything happens regardless/without knowing/being oblivious/or flat out ignorant about how they have the easiest job and should be the last one to talk. I mean tank and heals are SO EASY and SO MUCH FUN that theres only one tank for every hundred DPS... right?

3. Even if its not a DPS issue, and tank or heal is at fault, instead of rumbling nonstop why dont you put on your uber tank sets, BiS tanking sigils, and tank it? Oh you dont have the gear... kinda proves it that you didnt even bother in acquiring basic tank gear for dungeons let along BiS ones. If you didnt even bother getting tank gear or learn how to play heal, why you feel compelled that you are at a place to talk?

tl:dr
    Theres too many DPS, not enough tanks/heals for instant dungeon queue. So if you queue as DPS only, expect an extremely long wait time. Also my experience tells me when I solo random as a tank, unless its some odd hours, I will get instant queue 9 out of 10. And this is same in many MMOs not just Rift.

Ascendant

Also, your best bet is to beg your guildies that can tank/heal to run them with you. I frequently beg my capable tank friend (and sometimes also healing capable friends) to group with me when I run experts. Usually having at least a tank in your group guarantees an instant queue.

So beg your friends, and get some tank gear, and then queue tank for the instant enjoyment

edit: A tanking friend is the best friend to have when you queue randoms.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 06-21-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks all! Time to lvl alts or start to make new friends

Or since every soul can now fill every roll just get a heal or tack spec on your main toon?
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Or since every soul can now fill every roll just get a heal or tack spec on your main toon?
    This is how arguments starts after a group if formed when the tank/heal has zero intention or gear to preform the said roles that granted them the instant queue. I have ran into this situation a few times. It usually results in

1. The assigned tank refuse to tank and is asking others to step up, and group might broke up and cheat the honest DPS that queued for hours out of their time.

2. The assigned tank in w/e gear hes got usually DPS, and usually barely have enough toughness to do so sometimes doesnt even have sufficient toughness and makes healer really have to work for it.

3. The assigned tank has zero experience since he only made those role to trick the system, he probably cant tell a taunt from a defensive cooldown. And usually instantly lose threat if there was good DPS present, and usually end up telling people to "l2p" or "control your aggro".

But hey its a legit method to get instant queue. Just hope that someone in your group will take up your role for you and happens to have the required knowledge and gear to do it FOR you, in order to prevent a group falling apart and everyone gets slapped the deserter buff. I guess the worst that can happen is you cause everyone a 10 min debuff which you can just sit out and re-queue again after 10 minutes and again pray that someone will pick up your responsibility for you.

I only suggest doing so if you WANT to perform the role and are capable of doing so. The person said "guess time to level some alts" then. So it seems to me they were interested. If you have none of the above then suck up a longer queue or make friends.

Sorry I was not more clear. Example. I have the gear to tank t3 at this point BUT I hate tanking. I just managed to acquire the gear because otherwise drops would have been crushed and I had nothing else to spend the stones on. So I do not queue as tank. However i like healing and dps, am good at both so I queue as both. With all the healers floating around now I queue faster BUT get dps about 50% of the time.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-22-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    This is how arguments starts after a group if formed when the tank/heal has zero intention or gear to preform the said roles that granted them the instant queue. I have ran into this situation a few times. It usually results in
    It will benefit you to know more than one role at fundamental level for many things in game...like...any raid pug (GH, SH, DRR).

I can tank and dps well for experts...and I can heal all experts escept realm of fae when grouped with "that tank".

Telaran

If I read correctly you also qued for a random classic expert dungeon.

Your best bet for those would be guildies that want to run those, I honestly don't think anyone ques for those anymore

dbe
    General of Telara

I queue on my warrior as just damage, takes 15-30 minutes on average.

If you are in the queue for a *classic* expert, no one is running those, go do exodus of the storm queen instead or just queue for a random dungeon.

+ Reply to Thread