+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Guilds not finishing t2

Rift Chaser

Default Guilds not finishing t2

I recently came back to raiding after taking a few months off due to work travel. My old progression before I left was 3/3 3/5, so I was trying to find a guild with similar progression to finish up t2 and head into t3.

When I checked out the guild recruitment thread, I noticed that most guilds that are around the 3/3 and 3-4/5 mark are recruiting specifically for t3 content. I even saw a guild that was 2/3 3/5 that said they are looking for t3 raiders. While I never want to tell people what they should be doing, I find it odd that so many of these guilds are just skipping whatever they have left of t2 content.

I guess I am just curious as to exactly why these guilds are doing this. While I can certainly see the upsides of wanting to go directly into the new content without clearing the old first, I find there are more reasons why this could be detrimental to the guild in the long run.

First thing I thought of was the reason why many raiders say they raid: For the feeling of accomplishment when they finally clear raids, after so much time and effort put into it. With skipping end bosses I personally would feel like much of my time spent in that raid instance was in some ways wasted.

Something else I found that might work against some of the guilds trying to build a t3 raid force, is that they close themselves off to possibly very good players that might not have the gear yet for t3 or players that want to clear t2 before making a large push into t3. While there are actually quite a few t3 ready players out there, I don't think there is enough for all the guilds trying to replace the raiders that they lost in order to have a full t3 raid force.

Last thing I was thinking about, was how giving up on t2 raids looks to possible recruits. Me personally, I wouldn't really want to join a guild that gave up on clearing a tier after putting so much time and effort into them. Although, that being said, I would suspect that it was the whole guild that made the decision to move on to t3, so I don't think it would have been a decision made by only the guild/raid leaders.

Just to clear things up, I am not saying guilds shouldn't do this or it is really bad. It is a game and people should play it the way they want to. I just found it odd that so many people are giving up on Inyr and Abom progression (sometimes more).

Sorry for the long post.
    TL;DR: Just curious why so many guilds that haven't cleared t2 are giving up and moving on to t3.
    Last edited by Doood; 06-20-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Dreezie

the guild I am in is still on t2, almost finished but they are a stubborn bunch and don't want to move on until it is beaten

I think most guilds plan to go back and finish off the 4/5, 5/5 after they get Akylios down. While spending some time on the minis as well. It's not that they don't plan on finishing t2, it's that it really isn't worth spending your progression time on them if you can get GS and Aky down.

Greenscale and Akylios (t3) have been shown to be easier to overcome and worth more time investment (loot-wise) than killing Inyr'kta and Abom. Plus, the minis before each of these bosses drops t3 loot as well. So, the question that's been popping up has been, "why do the final 2 bosses in t2 when you can more easily kill the 1st 2 bosses in t3 for much better gear?" I'd, personally, feel the need to kill Inyr + Abom for completion's sake, but that doesn't seem to be the direction a lot of guilds are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Greenscale and Akylios (t3) have been shown to be easier to overcome and worth more time investment (loot-wise) than killing Inyr'kta and Abom. Plus, the minis before each of these bosses drops t3 loot as well. So, the question that's been popping up has been, "why do the final 2 bosses in t2 when you can more easily kill the 1st 2 bosses in t3 for much better gear?" I'd, personally, feel the need to kill Inyr + Abom for completion's sake, but that doesn't seem to be the direction a lot of guilds are going.
    I'm personally at war with two halves of myself. The "completionist" half wants to finish those bosses ASAP cause, yeah, it needs to be done. The "logician" half is like "shut up, this over here makes more logical sense".

Inyr and Abom are significantly more difficult than Lord Greenscale, at the very least. Volan's pretty close in difficulty, IMO. Most guilds feel that getting relic T3 weapons is more important than getting stuff off the last two bosses of PBB, and I can't blame them.

I (and lucky my guild's officer core!) am a completionist, and we figured that finishing Abom when we're this close isn't really a waste of time, considering we also killed LGS for the first time last week. We'll be finishing T2 this week (omg 250k hp wipe to Abom the first time we killed all 3 adds ;_; ), and once that's done, we'll turn all our attention to working on bosses that actually give good gear, instead of just wanting to have a shiny title and getting to put 5/5 in our sigs.

Really, the tl;dr is this: T3 loot is better than T2 loot, and it's easier to get if you've got 600+ hit.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

to go along with this. Anyone wanna guess how many guilds have all of T3 done before 3.0 comes out? I'm going with 5.

Shadowlander

People saw my other thread, but I'll paraphrase here:

To put it most simply, the last few bosses in Tier 2 are just as challenging as the first two bosses in Tier 3.

This means that killing Inyr'kta and Abominus is not worth the effort when time is better spent progressing to kill Greenscale and Akylios. This ties hand in hand with the fact that Greenscale and Akylios drop gear that is miles ahead of what Inyr'kta drops for (arguably) less difficulty.

They responded to my thread by increasing enrage timers by one minute on all Tier 2 bosses which does nothing at all for most guilds that are stuck on Inyr'kta and offers no sort of benefit for guilds who clear Tier 2 at all. Inyr'kta could have several tweaks done to the encounter without ruining it, but the most simple solution would have been a reduction of her health pool.

Until Inyr'kta and consequently Abominus are easier than Greenscale or Akylios, guilds will continue to skip them and spend their time more efficiently.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    to go along with this. Anyone wanna guess how many guilds have all of T3 done before 3.0 comes out? I'm going with 5.
    Bitter as always. Do you have anything to say other than "lol Rift raiding?"

Called this the moment they decided to nerf GS back down despite 2.7's more difficult version being the intended-as-designed version of GS.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Champion

You just kill what's easiest. There is precedence for this kinda thing. I remember when ID was out plenty of people were advertising 8/11 or 10/11 HK and 3/8 ID. It's just how things go.

Also, raiders don't grow on trees. If 2-3 members are more interested in getting better weapon loot and marks, losing them can be back breaking. Seeing some new fights and killing stuff again can be a lot more positive for a raiding team.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    You just kill what's easiest. There is precedence for this kinda thing. I remember when ID was out plenty of people were advertising 8/11 or 10/11 HK and 3/8 ID. It's just how things go.

Also, raiders don't grow on trees. If 2-3 members are more interested in getting better weapon loot and marks, losing them can be back breaking. Seeing some new fights and killing stuff again can be a lot more positive for a raiding team.
    It doesn't help that Inyr'kta is a giant kick in the **** compared to the fights before her (and I'd say compared to most of the ones after her, too) that can stop guilds cold in their tracks. I totally understand all the guilds that skip her and Abom, I just wouldn't want to be in one. :3
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    8/11
    8/11? How do you manage to NOT kill Garau?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    8/11? How do you manage to NOT kill Garau?
    Shall I list a few of them?

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwick View Post
    Shall I list a few of them?
    Yes please, we two shot Garau not knowing anything going into it, our first attempt being a 90%ish wipe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast