+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It's time, it's actually well past time...

Default It's time, it's actually well past time...

Time for Trion to bump up NPC HP across the board and make SL Experts groups 6-7 people, maybe make some fights require a support. I normally que as tank and most of my runs are full guild sometimes we pug 1 or 2 spots so my que are always instant. I have 1 charge a day and end up running 5 or more experts a day for guildies. I qued as DPS last week and the que was almost 45 minutes, I hear it's a little faster for healers but since I don't play a heal class I don't know.

The only way to speed up ques for those solo dps'ers is to increase the size of groups, there is just no other way. The only other option for the solo DPSers that don't want to heal or tank is to make a heal or tank role so they can check that option, instant que and decline every random group that places them as heal/tank until they get lucky and get a DPS spot. If you have ever wondered why the que pops only for someone to decline 4-5 times in a row, this is why.

It's time to increase group size or give more of a bonus to Tank/Heals that run multiple SLE's a day so DPSers can actually do them in a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyboy View Post
    Time for Trion to bump up NPC HP across the board and make SL Experts groups 6-7 people, maybe make some fights require a support. I normally que as tank and most of my runs are full guild sometimes we pug 1 or 2 spots so my que are always instant. I have 1 charge a day and end up running 5 or more experts a day for guildies. I qued as DPS last week and the que was almost 45 minutes, I hear it's a little faster for healers but since I don't play a heal class I don't know.

The only way to speed up ques for those solo dps'ers is to increase the size of groups, there is just no other way. The only other option for the solo DPSers that don't want to heal or tank is to make a heal or tank role so they can check that option, instant que and decline every random group that places them as heal/tank until they get lucky and get a DPS spot. If you have ever wondered why the que pops only for someone to decline 4-5 times in a row, this is why.

It's time to increase group size or give more of a bonus to Tank/Heals that run multiple SLE's a day so DPSers can actually do them in a reasonable amount of time.
    $5, never gonna happen.

As long as a game retains the Tank-Healer-DPS relationship, DPS will forever and always be a dime a dozen, and your queues in any LFG system will pretty much always be long.

Don't like it? learn to play other roles. Trion went pretty far out of their way to allow every class to do everything.

Or, you can just wait in queue as "DPS only"
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 06-17-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

make SL Experts groups 6-7 people
    I actually miss EQ/VG 6man group sizes

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

I rarely DPS in experts, very very rarely, but I don't think people that only want to DPS in them should be punished. Sure the "learn to play another role" approach would work for them, but if they don't enjoy playing those roles then they won't play them and the long ques continue. Requiring people to play a role they don't enjoy doesn't exactly help community or the game.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with the system. Most players just refuse to tank or heal because it's too large of a responsibility. If you don't like it then you have to deal with the consequences of waiting in a non-instantaneous queue.

I would be surprised if it was done, very surprised. I really don't understand why anyone would be opposed to it tho... It would decrease wait times for DPS, which obviously is what the vast majority of the player base is, and make those peeps, the vast majority, happier and overall help the community and game as a whole. Seems to me taking steps to make the game more player friendly and popular would be something that everyone would want and could get behind.

I would be surprised if it was done, very surprised. I really don't understand why anyone would be opposed to it tho... It would decrease wait times for DPS, which obviously is what the vast majority of the player base is, and make those peeps, the vast majority, happier and overall help the community and game as a whole. Seems to me taking steps to make the game more player friendly and popular would be something that everyone would want and could get behind.
    I can assume (maybe I'm wrong) that a lot of people tank or heal solely to decrease queue times. If they increased the group size it's entirely possible the mentality of the playerbase would change and they would think "oh, there's more slots for DPS so I'll queue DPS!", so it would put us back in the same position of too much DPS and not enough healers and tanks.

I could be wrong though...

Rift Master

I wouldn't mind seeing an optional hard mode version of dungeons that allows/requires more than 5 people, with better rewards.

I'm mixed on the idea of making it mandatory for all dungeons to have 6-7 people. Seems like that could potentially increase wait time due to needing more people. The people who guild run it now with 5 would need to find 2 more, either from within or outside the guild. Dungeons that take minimal time/effort now would take more of both due to dungeons increased difficulty that would be needed to justify having more players.

I tank because I enjoy it, I always have from the beginning in my EQ days. Leveling is so incredibly easy and fast in Rift that when you hit 60 most have no clue about SLE mechanics. What better way to learn than than from a dps role? I think making it easier would be a great step to increasing Rifts popularity.
    Last edited by Pwnyboy; 06-17-2014 at 12:29 PM.

I tank because I enjoy it, I always have from the beginning in my EQ days. Leveling is so incredibly easy and fast in Rift that when you hit 60 most have no clue about SLE mechanics. What better way to learn than than from a dps role? I think making it easier would be a great step to increasing Rifts popularity.
    Making experts easier? They are already easy and have all been nerfed. Making them easier will only make new players worse because they can complete dungeons with even less skill and knowledge of the game, then get roflstomped even harder in the raids.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 06-17-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Making experts easier? They are already easy and have all been nerfed. Making them easier will only make new players worse because they can complete dungeons with even less skill and knowledge of the game, then get roflstomped even harder in the raids.
    I think he means easier to get into dungeons as DPS. I haven't interpreted anything in this thread calling for nerfs to already nerfed content. Just shortening the wait for those who only que DPS.

I think you may have misunderstood. By easier I meant getting into a SLE group, not nerfing the dungeon, in fact quite the opposite, increase NPC HP across the board to keep the challenge for larger groups.
    Last edited by Pwnyboy; 06-17-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I think he means easier to get into dungeons as DPS. I haven't interpreted anything in this thread calling for nerfs to already nerfed content. Just shortening the wait for those who only que DPS.
    I think you may have misunderstood. By easier I meant getting into a SLE group, not nerfing the dungeon, in fact quite the opposite, increase NPC HP across the board to keep the challenge for larger groups.
    Ah, alright then yeah I misunderstood, sorry.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Bring back the old skool DSM T2 three hour dungeon crawls!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Bring back the old skool DSM T2 three hour dungeon crawls!!
    People would still just quit after not getting the SHoE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast