+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: kicking the damn luggos to greenscale in 'realm of twisted dreams"

Rift Disciple

Default kicking the damn luggos to greenscale in 'realm of twisted dreams"

why is this so buggy? i can't get my toon to kick them straight. i end up kicking them backwards. then when i face the opposite direction to kick them away to see what happens, it kicks them straight to the wall.

any tips on how to circumvent this ?

Another stupid *** bug that appeared at random within the past couple months with no fix. Some people can still kick them forward, but I can't either. So I just don't touch them.

Ascendant

Apparently it's no longer based on where you're positioned when moving into them. I was told that it's based on the Lil Luggo's facing, and the best way to do it is to auto attack them first to get them to aggro/face you, then walk into them. They will fly backwards from the direction that they are facing.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

They act properly if you have aggro on them. If you are not tanking - cast a weak DoT or hit them once. That will allow you to kick them in direction you need. Stupid workaround but works.

Rift Disciple

cool ty u guys

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    They act properly if you have aggro on them. If you are not tanking - cast a weak DoT or hit them once. That will allow you to kick them in direction you need. Stupid workaround but works.
    I can vouch that this works.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Another stupid *** bug that appeared at random within the past couple months with no fix. Some people can still kick them forward, but I can't either. So I just don't touch them.
    This is wrong.

You have to wait till the luggos to turn to the correct headings before you kick them.
    As soon as you make contact with them (regardless of direction you come from) they get knocked to the opposite side of where they are facing (or where their ***** are pointing at).

Rift Master

an easy way to do it is to just have the tank aoe pull them with like rebuke, void summon etc

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    This is wrong.

You have to wait till the luggos to turn to the correct headings before you kick them.
    As soon as you make contact with them (regardless of direction you come from) they get knocked to the opposite side of where they are facing (or where their ***** are pointing at).
    Changing the mechanics completely long after release does confuse a lot of people though.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Changing the mechanics completely long after release does confuse a lot of people though.
    We did not make any changes to these mechanics by design. It sounds like something broke unexpectedly (probably a systemic change). We're looking into a fix.

You have to kick Luggos in the face to get them to go straight forward in front of you. But lately, as soon as you enter this area with the boss all of the Luggos get threat on 1 individual most of the time. Causing them to turn even in mid Kick causing them to go in different direction then desire. Reason why I just end up standing there letting the one person to kick them. This has been a problem for a long time. Like suggested above you can try to pull threat off the person by doing weak attacks.

If something broke, it would've been a really long time ago.

I just taunt a frog and punt them when I get RoTD. Only takes like 3-4 to start the encounter, doesn't take too long even if i'm the only one punting them.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

My assumption is that it broke with the mount physics change, but it could be anything.

Rift Disciple

thanks guys, i just right click the luggo so it does my auto attack , and he keeps me facing so now i can punt him straight.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    My assumption is that it broke with the mount physics change, but it could be anything.
    It broke a couple of months before that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast