+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE damage on Mage pets in SLE - curious

Default AOE damage on Mage pets in SLE - curious

My baby mage seems to have a lot of trouble keeping my pet alive on a lot of the SLExperts, especially Archive of Flesh.

I have run numerous time and it seems my pet dies non stop whereas the ranger pets never even come close to dying.. IS this intended for some reason, or some other way to manage that if using any type of necro or ele spec? Thanks
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Rangers have a tree passive called King of the Jungle which gives their pets 65-95% aoe damage reduction depending on how many points are spent in the tree. Mages have the same tree passives in Ancient Tomb and Greater Elemental Affinity. However, these passives don't affect pets from the other tree, so if you're using something like Necrolist, your pet will take more aoe damage than if you were using a full Necromancer or Elementalist build.

Pets are immune to most boss aoe damage, so I'm assuming your pet is dying to a lot of trash aoe? Since you mention Archive of Flesh specifically, you should know that pets aren't immune to Emphalea's Flood the Halls (and some other I think, can't remember them all, but flood's the biggest one).
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 06-04-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

It's also because aoe heals no longer target pets. It might be a case of some aoe abilities slipping though the update that made them not damaging them.. Flood is an exception - it is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    My baby mage seems to have a lot of trouble keeping my pet alive on a lot of the SLExperts, especially Archive of Flesh.

I have run numerous time and it seems my pet dies non stop whereas the ranger pets never even come close to dying.. IS this intended for some reason, or some other way to manage that if using any type of necro or ele spec? Thanks

Yeah that happens alot, Normally I switch to a ST spec, warlock. The moment that boss is over, then I switch back to necro for the fun. You just have to know which bosses kill pets, to switch, but other then that yeah.
    "I'm going to keep getting closer and closer to you. And not just day after day, oh no. It's going to happen much faster than that! See I'm already closer to you than I was a moment ago. And I'll keep getting closer and closer to you, until I swallow you up and then, you'll disappear. Things are not turning out well for you at all, are they? (laughs) See you around."

+ Reply to Thread