+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In 5 toon dungeons, do you kill all the trash?

Plane Touched

Default In 5 toon dungeons, do you kill all the trash?

For example, in Iron Tomb, if you don't attack the mounds and go the short route to the boss (in other words, If nobody needs the stuf for the saga quests, you can skip many of the trash mobs without worrying about your party's safety.)

Basically, I started tanking this week, and I'm trying to get a feel for how I want to run dungeons

I'd like to hear some opinions from anyone who has a few 5-toons under their belt, do you prefer to kill everything and get more xp/drops,
    or do you prefer to just get through the dungeon quickly/avoid the small chance of wiping

Does your preference change based on level or what dungeon?

Ascendant

I've done quite a few in the past years and often there's someone who pulls a few packs, in which case you try to prevent their death ... and sometimes you go through without killing them. Sometimes people are really looking for some XP and want to kill it ... no problem either, dungeon will take a few mins more, that's all ...

I doubt we can tell you how you want to run dungeons. The best dungeons are those where people either enjoy doing them or 'get through fast because they want a fast run' ....

Most people skip, but I want to kill the hell out of everything. You never know what goodies trash may drop! Besides, carnage is fun.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Generally don't go out of my way to pull stuff that isn't directly in the way. For most SL experts, though, most of the trash is. So I play WL/Paladin and murder it all. D:
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Just ask the party. Best thing you can do. :/

when PA is full you are happy to skip trash
    DESTINY
    RUSILA@Gelidra
    1.0 to 1.9 all boss down Rip Maelforge Version 1 2.0 to 2.9 All boss down rip Maelforge Version 2
    3.0 Nigthmare expert : all clean 3.0 10man : 4/4 3.0 20man : Ms 5/5

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    I've done quite a few in the past years and often there's someone who pulls a few packs, in which case you try to prevent their death ... and sometimes you go through without killing them. Sometimes people are really looking for some XP and want to kill it ... no problem either, dungeon will take a few mins more, that's all ...

I doubt we can tell you how you want to run dungeons. The best dungeons are those where people either enjoy doing them or 'get through fast because they want a fast run' ....

I figure any 1 person's opinion is still good with some salt and when you put a bunch together you get a good enough stew or idea of what to do if a PUG party doesn't respond 2 questions

+ Reply to Thread