+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By DMoney817

Thread: New raider

Shadowlander

Default New raider

So, i usually join MMOs to PvP, but i found RIFTs PvP to be a little unbalanced (Maybe i need to gear up first) but i love RIFT.

The class system and character customization makes me feel like my character matters, but with the PvP being unbalanced i want to try Raiding.

I'm surprised at myself for suggesting such a crazy idea, but i did some dungeons on my warrior earlier and found the lore kind of sucking me in.
    I am interested in doing big raids (20 man... maybe even 40 man raids? Do they have those here?)

How do i get started raiding? And do soul trees matter, like making my own build up wont get me yelled at will it lol?

Plane Walker

Raids in Rift are divided up into tiers (1-3) and sizes (10 or 20). Getting entry into each tier requires hit (400 for t1, 500 for t2, 600 for t3) and generally to get the required amount you must complete the previous tier.

Tier 1

Triumph of the Dragon Queen (10 man, 4 bosses) VERY simple, can be completed by almost any group of 10
    Intrepid : Drowned Halls (10 man, 4 bosses) Same as TDQ
    Frozen Tempest (20 man, 4 bosses+1 miniboss) Intro to 20-man raiding, pretty simple mechanics, very easily completed by most people.
    Endless Eclipse (20 man, 5 bosses) Harder than Frozen Tempest, there are 5 bosses here, most are pretty simple, the last one is still a challenge for the majority of pugs.

Tier 2

Grim Awakening (10 man, 4 bosses) First 2 bosses are quite easy, 3rd and 4th are a large step up in difficulty
    Infinity Gate (20 man, 3 bosses) Mechanically simple, final boss for the most part is a heal/stay alive check
    Planebreaker Bastion (20 man, 5 bosses+1 miniboss) First 3+miniboss aren't too difficult, most guilds have trouble progressing on the 4th due to heavy mechanics, high DPS/heal checks, and tanks must know what they're doing.

Tier 3

Bindings of Blood : Greenscale (20 man, 1 miniboss, 1 boss) Miniboss is a joke, boss is mechanically easy with a decent DPS check
    Bindings of Blood : Akylios (20 man, 1 miniboss, 1 boss) Miniboss is even more of a joke, boss isn't too hard mechanics-wise, decent DPS check but not too hard to meet with the right raid composition
    Bindings of Blood : Laethys (20 man, 1 miniboss, 1 boss) Miniboss has a very high DPS check with some mechanics. No one has beaten the boss yet
    Bindings of Blood : Maelforge (20 man, 1 miniboss, 1 boss) Miniboss hasn't yet been defeated legitamently (was glitched, would just sit there when enraged), boss itself is WTFROLFCOPTERBBQ hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHr9PTi_Uy8

There's a good video guide from Seatin about some general requirements for getting into raids.

A few general tips I would suggest

- Visit the class guides section for your specific class. Read up, if you want to DPS, get both ranged and melee DPS specs, and an AoE spec. Start the fights with ranged, once you learn them swap to melee, it will almost always pull higher numbers in this game. If you want to heal, read up on healing guides. Clerics should have warden, puri, and defiler for raiding. If you wanna tank, read some tank guides, however you should really learn the fights from a DPS perspective before trying this.

- Read up on strategies for fights. http://www.riftscene.com/guides/raids/ <Riftscene has guides for all of t1 and a few bosses in GA, the t2 10-man.

- Join a raiding guild. Not only will you get to raid but you can pick the brains of more experienced people.

Yes, the class system in Rift is pretty unique and extensive, it's one of the things I love about Rift. If you're just starting out, I would not attempt building your own spec to raid, people have already found the best specs for raiding.
    Last edited by DMoney817; 05-29-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Quote Originally Posted by datboitodd View Post
    So, i usually join MMOs to PvP, but i found RIFTs PvP to be a little unbalanced (Maybe i need to gear up first) but i love RIFT.

The class system and character customization makes me feel like my character matters, but with the PvP being unbalanced i want to try Raiding.

I'm surprised at myself for suggesting such a crazy idea, but i did some dungeons on my warrior earlier and found the lore kind of sucking me in.
    I am interested in doing big raids (20 man... maybe even 40 man raids? Do they have those here?)

How do i get started raiding? And do soul trees matter, like making my own build up wont get me yelled at will it lol?

The only thing I could add, is follow the guides given when it comes to the soul trees. Ususally you can put 5 points into something that may be more beneficial to your class. like 5 points into say wisdom vs 5 points into straight spell power. Making your own build can also prove to be a bit tricky. The question you must ask is " Will I gimp myself by putting 30 points in one tree 30 points into another and 16 into another?"
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by datboitodd View Post
    While there are lots of build possibilities in rift, there will always be a few that stand out above the rest and unless your guild is very casual, you will be yelled at for using subpar builds/rotations.

Let's say you make your own build from scratch just for giggles and use that in a raid, while everyone else is using the known best builds that clearly outperform yours. Now let's say your raid wipes due to lack of dps (enrage), who will they look to blame/replace first?
    Last edited by Giggity; 05-31-2014 at 07:26 PM.

There is always an optimal setup for any class or calling any given MMO, you will want to be as efficient as possible, non efficient builds will not serve your raid or guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread