+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: is once per week per raid enough? 2x/week better?

Rift Disciple

Default is once per week per raid enough? 2x/week better?

once you reach endgame, the only way to progress is to do raids by getting better gear. do you guys think it'll be better if the raids lock out after maybe 2 times per week rather than the usual 1 time a week?

i mean right now im only capable of doing idh/tdq, and progression for ft/ee, . so i do idh/tdq for the week, perhaps nothing drops for my toon, and now its just waiting for next week for the locks to disappear. lolz

Shadowlander

You have a ton of **** you need to be doing off raid time.

Experts
    Dendrome Dailies
    GH5s/SH (if you don't have your torvan/lycini ****)
    DRRs
    Collecting Mats for Crafting Dailys
    Collecting Mats for Raid Vials/Potions
    All of the above will get you slayers marks and eclipse stones which you can use to buy gear.

You can also grind experts to get purple pieces of gear you don't have T1 versions of yet. Use magelo to find out where these drop.
    Last edited by Cerest; 05-26-2014 at 07:36 PM.

just buy your gear on the shop

how many days does your guild raid for? most guilds raid 3-4 days, if your guild raids for 2 then make an alt or join another guild if u want to raid more.

double lock outs sound be fine for 10 mans but for 20 mans that it would be terrible for progressing guilds. yeah;d you'd get more loot from farm but less time to work on bosses you havent downed yet.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jjyiz28 View Post
    once you reach endgame, the only way to progress is to do raids by getting better gear. do you guys think it'll be better if the raids lock out after maybe 2 times per week rather than the usual 1 time a week?

i mean right now im only capable of doing idh/tdq, and progression for ft/ee, . so i do idh/tdq for the week, perhaps nothing drops for my toon, and now its just waiting for next week for the locks to disappear. lolz
    We had master mode dungeons that has 2x weekly lock outs that dropped raid tier gear and marks.

But rift now is not rift then... and there are consumables that can nearly triple mark incomes but again rift now survives on cash store.
    Pure F2P player in a guild doing 1 run of FT full clear = 2100 marks
    Patron player (WITHOUT the treasure map loyalty) in a guild using 160 vial doing 1 run of FT = 6400 marks

Or do what I called "Dollar Warrior" and get all gear instantly as long as you got a thick wallet.

Btw at very least unless you are raiding endgame you shouldnt even skimp out on patron...
    Basic Patron player in guild with basic patron token buff gets 3360 marks in 1 FT run and patron status only cost 50 cents a day using the most expensive way to purchase it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    We had master mode dungeons that has 2x weekly lock outs that dropped raid tier gear and marks.

But rift now is not rift then... and there are consumables that can nearly triple mark incomes but again rift now survives on cash store.
    Patron player (WITHOUT the treasure map loyalty) in a guild using 160 vial doing 1 run of FT = 6400 marks

Or do what I called "Dollar Warrior" and get all gear instantly as long as you got a thick wallet.

Btw at very least unless you are raiding endgame you shouldnt even skimp out on patron...
    Basic Patron player in guild with basic patron token buff gets 3360 marks in 1 FT run and patron status only cost 50 cents a day using the most expensive way to purchase it.
    Patron status can be earned in-game without a huge amount of effort.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DMoney817 View Post
    Patron status can be earned in-game without a huge amount of effort.
    Thats why I said using the most expensive way to purchase those which is below 50 cents a day. Its so easily kept up even without having to spend a dime.

Its just that I get it there are many "pure free 2 play only players" that wants nothing but free and usually they dont even try to work/grind/pay to maintain patron status which gives huge advantage in character/gear progression.

Level alts.

Keep up w\ your daily expert rewards.

Do weeklies bosses, as they can drop t1 lvl loot or stones.

I had my latest 60 t2 ready in a week or so just from doing experts, idh, tdq, and ft.
    Last edited by Archemys; 05-27-2014 at 05:05 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

once a week is enough! otherwise you would get raidstones too quick

Ascendant

Ten mans should probably be 2x a week.

Especially ultane, his loot table is way way way way way way too big to drop just one item, once a week.

I was trying to brainstorm a "progression friendly" system that allows you to manually reset an instance for a raid, so you can choose between extra farm or progression, but I'm not sure of the best way to do it which would also bypass the inevitable trolling.

Perhaps one copy of an item could drop off the first boss, and a vendor or quest taker could reset the lockout.
    Last edited by Caldern; 06-19-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Ten mans should probably be 2x a week.

Especially ultane, his loot table is way way way way way way too big to drop just one item, once a week.

I was trying to brainstorm a "progression friendly" system that allows you to manually reset an instance for a raid, so you can choose between extra farm or progression, but I'm not sure of the best way to do it which would also bypass the inevitable trolling.

Perhaps one copy of an item could drop off the first boss, and a vendor or quest taker could reset the lockout.
    I put a suggestion in that forum for at least TDQ\IDH be on a 3 day reset and hard reset on Wednesday. Would be nice to see some support for the idea there.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post

At the very least they could make it so only your first run through a raid would give ESM/FES and the other run/s would be purely for gear. That way you wouldn't be able to exploit a 100k esm from RA TDQ runs with a 160% vial. Im sure that would help with the large loot tables. Just my thought on it.

Plane Touched

At this point in the game making the 10 mans reset 2ce a week would probably make sense.

The problem with that is however once 3.0 comes, you'll have to revert them to once per week, since otherwise gear acquisition will be too fast and the content will go obsolete faster than intended. That would result in a massive outcry on forums and they don't want that. So I don't see that happening now either.

As far as 20 mans go - no thanks. I've seen twice per week lockouts in Eq2 at some point, it sucked - no stop farm farm farm and no time for progression at all.
    Stack on 8 - Gelidra
    RoF 4/4 Conq, MS 5/5, TF 3/3, HK 5/11

Quote Originally Posted by Fand View Post
    At this point in the game making the 10 mans reset 2ce a week would probably make sense.

The problem with that is however once 3.0 comes, you'll have to revert them to once per week, since otherwise gear acquisition will be too fast and the content will go obsolete faster than intended. That would result in a massive outcry on forums and they don't want that. So I don't see that happening now either.

As far as 20 mans go - no thanks. I've seen twice per week lockouts in Eq2 at some point, it sucked - no stop farm farm farm and no time for progression at all.

Honestly, when it pertains to current 10 man--- 2 times a week is and would be plenty. I mean it would be great if you are fresh 60 with the required hit, but seeing as how tdq/idh is pretty much trivial once you step into FT/EE.

Concerning the new raids though, perhaps a system could be in place, where outdated 10 mans could be 2 times a week, and current content lockouts being 1 time a week to keep the gear inflation down.
    Faalzia -Level 60 Shammy MS/ Puri OS
    4/4 TDQiDH 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    2/4 GA 2/5 PBB 1/3 IG

Or, Trion could perhaps simply double the amount of drops you get from each boss in the T1 raid zones. Then perhaps you could just do it once per week and your goal for getting loot has doubled. Just a thought.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast