+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to direct raiding nerfs? Tier 2 question.

Shadowlander

Default What happened to direct raiding nerfs? Tier 2 question.

I am constantly wondering what happened to direct raiding nerfs for content in Rift. This is not a troll post, but a general inquiry into why we've not seen any sort of tuning passes on Tier 2 content.

I am sure we could immediately agree say that Eggtenders and Breaker X-1 need no tuning, but everything past that? It's time to see this stuff decreased.

Hammerknell released on July 27th, 2011. Akylios received his largest tuning pass on February 29th, 2012, which no longer knocked people off in the later phases of the fight with waves as well as him emoting which direction he is breathing. This is 217 days from release to final reduction without including the other various tuning changes within Hammerknell that took place before this.

Infinity Gate released on September 18th, 2013, as of today? 249 days later, no major changes to Volan that are worth noting aside from the phase 1 arm armor taking less hits to destroy which really just gives more room for error. No major changes to Brothers Grimm.

We know Planebreaker was held back a couple of weeks, and we're already at 235 days and counting with nothing done to even the lesser bosses within the instance, unless we count the removal of portion of the repetitiveness in front of Abominus himself. Proteus, and more specifically Thrax and Inyr'Kta have not been touched.

The only thing to be touched in Tier 2 has been Grim Awakening, and even it is still far too difficult for those progressing in Tier 1 and looking for a first foray into Tier 2.

I'm sure there will be plenty that will laugh and scoff about the theory behind this, but seriously, why have we not seen more direct tuning passes to Tier 2 content when compared to every raid in Rift's history? Every other tier of raiding saw its tuning being done in preparation for the next tier coming, even Storm Legion Tier 1 saw huge nerfs late in 2012 and early 2013 to get ready for Tier 2 later that year.

Tier 3 is now out and swinging, leaving Tier 2 immediately out-dated. This brings a larger problem to the table though: Guilds are literally skipping Inyr and Abominus to start on Greenscale and Akylios. Why slam your head against the wall for inferior rewards when Greenscale was purposely tuned to be on-par with Inyr'Kta's current state?

We can argue all day that the first two bosses of Binding of Blood were too easy, but they are what they are with Trion's policy on not buffing content directly. Because they are this easy, the end bosses in Tier 2 are too difficult and need to be tuned accordingly.

TL;DR Why is Storm Legion Tier 2 content still as difficult as when it released?

Why is it the exception to the rule of every other raid we've seen in Rift's history?

Is it intended for guilds to just bypass Inyr'Kta and Abominus to go into Tier 3 for better use of their time?

Plane Walker

I actually agree I hate doing t2s even now. I'd like to see some trash removed from pb and slightly nerf volan's double taps. As for the bosses in PB I cant really see how they can nerf thrax/inyr to be easily puggable as they have derp checks and well....thats hard to balance.

Also I think Regulos even needs some more nerfs as I see pugs still fail to do this boss whereas Crucia is a joke.
    Last edited by OwnaGeJuiCe; 05-25-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Ascendant

I actually agree here; our weekend raid spent a night on Inyr'kta and got her down to final phase, but the time spent in actually finishing that fight was not worth it considering we only raid 8 hours a week. We moved on to Greenscale where the difficulty is similar (at least DPS-wise) but the rewards are far greater.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    I actually agree I hate doing t2s even now. I'd like to see some trash removed from pb and slightly nerf volan's double taps. As for the bosses in PB I cant really see how they can nerf thrax/inyr to be easily puggable as they have derp checks and well....thats hard to balance.

Also I think Regulos even needs some more nerfs as I see pugs still fail to do this boss whereas Crucia is a joke.
    Crucia is certainly a joke, and a lot of people (including myself) would agree that she was nerfed far too quickly. It was way under the 200-ish days that we normally see nerf bats swinging at. Regulos still needs a little tuning, but I feel its more in terms of his total health pool, or the HP of the spines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I actually agree here; our weekend raid spent a night on Inyr'kta and got her down to final phase, but the time spent in actually finishing that fight was not worth it considering we only raid 8 hours a week. We moved on to Greenscale where the difficulty is similar (at least DPS-wise) but the rewards are far greater.
    Inyr'Kta and Abominus are just too difficult compared to Greenscale especially. There are multiple guilds skipping them, or at least skipping Abominus because it's just not worth it. At least lowering the difficulty of the last few Tier 2 bosses would provide a more linear ramp into Tier 3 content.

Inyr'kta could have several changes done to bring her in line with other bosses. Namely health reductions on the crystals and her, and maybe a tune pass to Intensifying Anguish. Not even Greenscale's breath hits as hard as the last two ticks of IA.

agreed with everything OP states
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Considering the difficulty level of Abom/Volan compared to Greenscale, LGS should not drop relics. Then comparing the difficulty level of LGS to Laethys, they should not be on the same "tier" of itemization and Laethys should drop higher valued items such as T3.5 items for example.

Grind face against Abom = T2 relic
    Sail smoothly through LGS = T3 relic and armor for t3 crystal.
    Wipe faces on Laethys = chance of a T3 relic of equal value in terms of DPS/HPS/Procs

Seems legit.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Considering the difficulty level of Abom/Volan compared to Greenscale, LGS should not drop relics. Then comparing the difficulty level of LGS to Laethys, they should not be on the same "tier" of itemization and Laethys should drop higher valued items such as T3.5 items for example.

Grind face against Abom = T2 relic
    Sail smoothly through LGS = T3 relic and armor for t3 crystal.
    Wipe faces on Laethys = chance of a T3 relic of equal value in terms of DPS/HPS/Procs

Seems legit.
    Laethys and Maelforge should probably drop an item to upgrade existing relics to transcendents. At least the Maelforge mini should drop an other Bloodstorm Soul afer he is properly fixed.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Laethys and Maelforge should probably drop an item to upgrade existing relics to transcendents. At least the Maelforge mini should drop an other Bloodstorm Soul afer he is properly fixed.
    I'm assuming he does if you complete Hopsadaisical like island hopping.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    I'm assuming he does if you complete Hopsadaisical like island hopping.
    Didn`t see that they added that to the achievment. Hardest thing about the 7 plattforms would be that he have to find the way to it :P
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

RIFT Guide Writer

I agree with OP aswell. I don't know if I've seen any pugs do more than eggs/breaker ever, while t3 mini pugging started basicly the first week. I'm generally not in favor of just handing out free gear, but since that is currently happening anyway with lgs/aky minis, they shouldnt be gated behind doing eggs/breaker for months to get enough hit for those (assuming you only pug)
    Acuta - Apotheosys

I also agree with op, and have been thinking about this for a very long time.
    Is it so people have to go to the shop to buy the items for the hit, not trolling just asking!
    I remember with Vanilla, old raid content would get nerfs so pug raiding was more viable and friendly, also great for getting to know new people in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
    Is it so people have to go to the shop to buy the items for the hit, not trolling just asking!
    its either that or no resources to actually make a change to that content

i guess its the itemshop tho, heard storys of randoms buying **** loads in the itemshop to go t3
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Quote Originally Posted by sculti View Post
    its either that or no resources to actually make a change to that content

i guess its the itemshop tho, heard storys of randoms buying **** loads in the itemshop to go t3
    Why nerf a revenue stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
    Why nerf a revenue stream.
    Doesn't make sense.

Make the content easier so more people go into it. Therefore more possibilities for them to buy gear.

All in all, I do agree with the OP on some points. Tier 2 should be "easier" than Tier 3, and if Tier 3 isn't getting buffed Tier 2 needs to be nerfed.

Direct nerfs would allow more people to see the content, but sadly trion seems to be of the opinion that overtuning fights until they are nearly impossible is the better idea.

Especially Inyr could use a nerf or rework. A 9min long fight that can screw you up with rng at the end just isn't a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast