+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please make fierce strike remove 3 buffs

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Please make fierce strike remove 3 buffs

I hate my life
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Just have the pyrochon do it. 1.0cast, 1.0 gcd, spammable. Only needs to eb/vb every 30secs and occasionally lf. bm too many dots+dot reliant builder/finisher.

#1 worst name NA, all time
    Soulstorm!

Rift Disciple

hehe evil, guess you're on BM duty m8

Prophet of Telara

Some of the new dungeon designers need to start thinking about what makes gameplay fun for a start. Oh and FYI adding constant raid dmg on everything doesn't make encounters hard. But i guess you gotta sell them rogue and warrior heal souls somehow, amrite?

he DID get hit by a bus it seems

#1 Cleric World vanilla/preF2P SL. All Raids CQed

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    Some of the new dungeon designers need to start thinking about what makes gameplay fun for a start. Oh and FYI adding constant raid dmg on everything doesn't make encounters hard. But i guess you gotta sell them rogue and warrior heal souls somehow, amrite?
    its a pattern in this tier. a lot of fights that are well designed and fun at their core have mechanics thrown on top of them for "difficulty" that feel absurdly out of place, and the encounter just feels frustrating and boring as a result

the dumb cancer/chemo mechanic on greenscale, the crystal on akylios, the npc unfreezing on laethys...all of those fights have signature elements that make them fun or interesting like waves, gold piles (maybe greenscale doesnt). and then theyre bloated by mechanics that stretch the encounter out (why does greenscale have 3 air phases when the 2nd is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much the exact same as the 3rd?) or add some trivial mechanic that serves to make the fight more irritating as opposed to more difficult (akylios crystal, oh no 2 of our tempests had to go 0pt warlord, game very hard), or add meaningless busywork (hey better unfreeze these npcs brb eating pizza while i channel).

the thing is magcilian has all the elements of a fun encounter. the telegraphing of the aoes is tight and unforgiving (if not unreliable), i like the platform jumping and i like that the dps check on the shield is tight but doable. but then theres a dumb purge mechanic, and a tank debuff that doesnt really have any impact, its just more irritating. i dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    akylios crystal, oh no 2 of our tempests had to go 0pt warlord
    Naw man, all you need is Evasive Redirection x2 and you're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    Naw man, all you need is Evasive Redirection x2 and you're good to go!
    What, you don't Evasive Redirection > Wavelength > Evasive Redirection?

I r disappointed.

I'd hope you have at least 2 Warriors in the raid.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 05-23-2014 at 10:08 AM.

its a pattern in this tier. a lot of fights that are well designed and fun at their core have mechanics thrown on top of them for "difficulty" that feel absurdly out of place, and the encounter just feels frustrating and boring as a result

the dumb cancer/chemo mechanic on greenscale, the crystal on akylios, the npc unfreezing on laethys...all of those fights have signature elements that make them fun or interesting like waves, gold piles (maybe greenscale doesnt). and then theyre bloated by mechanics that stretch the encounter out (why does greenscale have 3 air phases when the 2nd is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much the exact same as the 3rd?) or add some trivial mechanic that serves to make the fight more irritating as opposed to more difficult (akylios crystal, oh no 2 of our tempests had to go 0pt warlord, game very hard), or add meaningless busywork (hey better unfreeze these npcs brb eating pizza while i channel).

the thing is magcilian has all the elements of a fun encounter. the telegraphing of the aoes is tight and unforgiving (if not unreliable), i like the platform jumping and i like that the dps check on the shield is tight but doable. but then theres a dumb purge mechanic, and a tank debuff that doesnt really have any impact, its just more irritating. i dont get it.
    Greenscale : The 2nd air phase makes you get used to the Murderous Overgrowth and be prepared to deal with it when you get to the 3rd air phase. It also is a good awareness check for the beam.

Akylios : If you didn't have to deal with the crystal, the fight would be absolutely trivial.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

akylios crystal, oh no 2 of our tempests had to go 0pt warlord
    vk, arbiter, justicar all have pulls. make them do it because ain't **** going on for tanks in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    What, you don't Evasive Redirection > Wavelength > Evasive Redirection?

I r disappointed.
    not in my 51 tempest build

Shield of Telara

yall clowns wastin globals on that ****

yall clowns wastin globals on that ****
    Evasive is off the gcd just like SO.

I just died a little inside

Addiction proceeds to clear IG/PB in a week(?) of release.
    Community: QQQQQQ, raidz 2ez, gief moar mechanics

T3 is released with lot more mechanics than any raids before
    Community: QQQQQQ, raidz 2 difficult, gief less mechanics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast