Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WarUltima

Thread: Good luck on Laethys.

Default Good luck on Laethys.

You'll need all the whetstones, proc greaters, proc trinkets, proc weapons, and powerstones you can grab.

#nostalgia #NQ #Winning #umadbro

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hosss View Post
    You'll need all the whetstones, proc greaters, proc trinkets, proc weapons, and powerstones you can grab.

#nostalgia #NQ #Winning #umadbro
    #druidprotectorgg

Nah dude, its totally possible.

Nevermind the flawed logic behind its tuning, since being fully geared out in a tier's gear is technically over-gearing said content.

But nope! Let's test and tune this stuff to near max output from a raid in full t3. Because that makes sense.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Nah dude, its totally possible.

Nevermind the flawed logic behind its tuning, since being fully geared out in a tier's gear is technically over-gearing said content.

But nope! Let's test and tune this stuff to near max output from a raid in full t3. Because that makes sense.
    This was addressed during tuning.

For example I said "if this is locked behind a purely gear check, that means we are in the hands of the RNG loot gods in terms of who is going to kill first."

People were for and against this. I feel like it should require a minor gear check, and one helluva of a derp check. However, in its current form, I do not personally believe that is the case. I think that no matter how perfect you are, it will still require some (read: SOME) RNG-favored loot to drop for your guild. AKA: No tank gear over and over which is going to off-spec people who will never use it in progression.

If you are going to create a gear-check boss, then the gear must be attainable within a reasonable amount of time for everyone (every guild) in a equal manor. Aka, marks > tokens > weapons. That means if every guild kills the same bosses every week, they will all receive the same marks (give or take minus patron/boxes), and have equal opportunity to progress a raid depending on the personal derp checks. However this is not the case, and the guild who gets 5x dps weapons will do better then the guild who got 5X tank shields.

/rant off
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    This was addressed during tuning.

For example I said "if this is locked behind a purely gear check, that means we are in the hands of the RNG loot gods in terms of who is going to kill first."

People were for and against this. I feel like it should require a minor gear check, and one helluva of a derp check. However, in its current form, I do not personally believe that is the case. I think that no matter how perfect you are, it will still require some (read: SOME) RNG-favored loot to drop for your guild. AKA: No tank gear over and over which is going to off-spec people who will never use it in progression.

If you are going to create a gear-check boss, then the gear must be attainable within a reasonable amount of time for everyone (every guild) in a equal manor. Aka, marks > tokens > weapons. That means if every guild kills the same bosses every week, they will all receive the same marks (give or take minus patron/boxes), and have equal opportunity to progress a raid depending on the personal derp checks. However this is not the case, and the guild who gets 5x dps weapons will do better then the guild who got 5X tank shields.

/rant off
    Don't even get me started on getting a relic wand off GS.

They're about the only thing that's even more useless.

Maybe it was only assumed laethys/maelforge is t3, but in fact they are t3.5
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 05-22-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Maybe it was only assumed laethys/maelforge is t3, but in fact they are t3.5
    Their eventual first kills will probably prove otherwise, as they're going to drop T3 loot that (aside from the relics) would no longer be useful to anyone in the raid that killed them, because you would've already had them as part of being able to meet the requirements to kill them in the first place.

Dat logic loop.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Their eventual first kills will probably prove otherwise, as they're going to drop T3 loot that (aside from the relics) would no longer be useful to anyone in the raid that killed them, because you would've already had them as part of being able to meet the requirements to kill them in the first place.

Dat logic loop.
    B-but the red trinkets...
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    B-but the red trinkets...
    Is useless loot from a progression point of view. They're worth less than less potent t3 trinket variants, because you cannot acquire them until you've cleared all t3 content.

And if you could clear t3 without having them, and the next step up in content is lv 65, what use are these red trinkets outside of status bling?

Rift Team

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us by sending a PM to a Community Team member.
    Thank you!

Closed Thread