+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Recycled Rift !

Default Recycled Rift !

Too sad how Trion is making its 20man raids and the way the repeat same encounters over and over ...
    no new ideas , no new bosses , not even new instances , and the funniest thing is not even new weapons , T3 weapons are same name/design from very old HK raids with the name "The Mythyical" ....
    just small reason why most people left rift and its raids ...
    they dont make Epic trailers for new patches like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Y1Oz5p9mU or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QJfd8TYbbI

i think 3.0 will be the very last chance for Rift to make the change and get back to where it once was good at , fine raids with fun not p2w game !
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    Too sad how Trion is making its 20man raids and the way the repeat same encounters over and over ...
    no new ideas , no new bosses , not even new instances , and the funniest thing is not even new weapons , T3 weapons are same name/design from very old HK raids with the name "The Mythyical" ....
    just small reason why most people left rift and its raids ...
    they dont make Epic trailers for new patches like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Y1Oz5p9mU or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QJfd8TYbbI

i think 3.0 will be the very last chance for Rift to make the change and get back to where it once was good at , fine raids with fun not p2w game !
    It's the reality of the F2P system people warned about. So what tier do you think they'll reuse Akylios? First probably. You'll probably get some original artwork in 3.0 then most if not more of it will be recycled in coming patches like SL.

Telaran

Sure they reused models, but the nice thing about tier 3 raids is that their is new mechanics and 2 new souls to go along with tier 3 raids compared to pre SL.
    I'm personally excited for these. I didn't fight Akylios, or Greenscale. Didn't pound my head against Laethys or Maelforge.. I started playing when the game went F2P.
    I'm looking forward to these fights.
    Sure it may not look appealing for veterans, and they screwed up itemization.
    But it's damn content.

Quote Originally Posted by Remingtonsteely View Post
    Sure they reused models, but the nice thing about tier 3 raids is that their is new mechanics and 2 new souls to go along with tier 3 raids compared to pre SL.
    I'm personally excited for these. I didn't fight Akylios, or Greenscale. Didn't pound my head against Laethys or Maelforge.. I started playing when the game went F2P.
    I'm looking forward to these fights.
    Sure it may not look appealing for veterans, and they screwed up itemization.
    But it's damn content.
    The reason you are excited is because you started playing only after its F2P
    if you were around back when HK days you will see these new raids the way i (and many others for sure) see it !
    also new mechanics isnt something that Rift should offer to players , imean its not its standards (at least befor f2p) , and new mechanics same old boss is what people call "Recycled" .
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

I don't understand you guys.. I'm excited for the next set of required souls and the expansion "the arrival of the blood storm."
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 05-16-2014 at 04:11 AM.

Plane Walker

If y'all don't like it, don't play it.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Guess it's part of free to play games, if you don't want recycled dungeons and bosses I guess the only choice is WoW right?

Quote Originally Posted by DMoney817 View Post
    If y'all don't like it, don't play it.
    such a wonderful business outlook

"here's our product! don't buy it!"

Yeah, they should burn all their resources on soon-to-be-obsolete bridecontent instead of focusing on 3.0. That sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Needlefeast View Post
    Yeah, they should burn all their resources on soon-to-be-obsolete bridecontent instead of focusing on 3.0. That sounds like a great idea.
    3.0 wont matter if no-one sticks around to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    But the bads are the majority and this needs to work in our favor because there's a lot of us.

4/4 3/3 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Needlefeast View Post
    Taking this logic to its conclusion, they should just never release any content at all because it will at some point become irrelevant. I used to do this when I was 4. "I don't want a bath! I'm just going to get dirty again!"

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    such a wonderful business outlook

"here's our product! don't buy it!"
    Except, I didn't say don't play rift just cuz, I said don't play it if you don't like it. Would you spend money on something if you didn't like it?
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Rift Master

What is relevancy in video games or any leisure activity? I suppose the answers to that question will be a numerous as those who choose to reply. Here's just a list of a few things I find relevant to my free time:

Fun
    Entertaining
    Nostalgic

But then again, I'm still kicking myself for selling back the old Gamecube Crystal Chronicles before beating Memiroa. Don't get me wrong, I want 3.0 to be here tomorrow, I want fixes for itemization, and after almost a year I want the chain dps legs from Ultane to drop... In the meanwhile, this self professed RIFT fan will have fun being entertained with the current content and remembering some of the truly funny events from the original content (I really don't recommend jumping to break a restorative flame cast during the original P1 Maelforge.)
    Last edited by Uviktig; 05-16-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Taking this logic to its conclusion, they should just never release any content at all because it will at some point become irrelevant. I used to do this when I was 4. "I don't want a bath! I'm just going to get dirty again!"
    Your conclusions are your buisiness. For me it makes sense to revisit some great Vanilla-Bosses and to reintroduce and refine the lore of the souls. The new encounters are reworked, so the top-raiders have something to cut their teeth on until 3.0. The majority of players will not play the encounters til then anyway. So itīs a good compromise between content delivered and resources spent.

If you are only interested in new boss models (or even worse your wardrobe) for the ~10% minority that may clear it, while discarding content for 3.0 you have either infinite rescources or waste your finite recources, which could be spent better.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DMoney817 View Post
    Except, I didn't say don't play rift just cuz, I said don't play it if you don't like it. Would you spend money on something if you didn't like it?
    I think the issue is more "I used to love this game and I've supported it for x years. Now, I see that it's taking a turn in a direction that is unfavorable for me and many of my friends. I feel that since I've put so much time and effort into the game, I may as well try to reason with the workers at TRION and hope they take my (and many other's) opinions and feedback into consideration for future game content. However, I feel that if they do not come 3.0, I will find myself looking for another game. In the meantime, I'll be playing RIFT because I still have a sliver of hope to hang on to."

As much as people want to deny it or not listen, 3.0 will be the beginning of the end for RIFT if TRION doesn't deliver what the players want. I'm not talking about the players who will first pick up the game and go "wow this is amazing, I've never played anything like this before." I'm talking about the players who can make comparisons between the beginning of RIFT's time and now because those players have the most valuable feedback and they should be listened to over a new player.

Lets be honest, if you pick up a new game, you're excited about it and rave about it. Take SW:ToR for example. It sold how many copies? People were ranting and raving about it for at least a month, then they realized that it wasn't as great as they thought it would be. Those are the players who's feedback are most important and should be taken into consideration. If RIFT was completely changed into some MineCraft copy one day, a brand new player will rant and rave about it until they move on. They carry no insight and no knowledge so their opinions should not be taken seriously.

A brand new player has not spent as much money as a 2011 veteran has spent. Their money means nothing compared to a veteran player. No matter how you cut it, a brand new player will be happy with whatever TRION decides to release, whereas a veteran player will not. Please listen to your veterans, it will keep them around longer and I guarantee new players will stick around too.

tl;dr trion pls. Veteran players who have been around since 2011 should be listened to and taken more seriously than a brand new player.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast