+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Laethys: Surviving the ceremony of binding....40 times per night

Default Laethys: Surviving the ceremony of binding....40 times per night

Trion!

So, you've made a hard boss (which is good!)
    Having a difficult boss usually involves a lot of wiping. So far so good!

But, you decided to add 2 minutes of....boring,terrible mini phase through which we need to pass every single time, every single try, few dozen of tries every night.

It is....horrendous.

My suggestions (pick one)

1. Make that phase similar to that of Warden Thrax (do it once, after that boss is ready to pull immediately every time)
    2. Move that phase to end of the fight.
    3. Remove that phase completely

Thank you!
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

Well, there was the platforms on Abominus that was pretty dull and took far more time.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    1. Make that phase similar to that of Warden Thrax (do it once, after that boss is ready to pull immediately every time)
    1. Possible, but that kind of defeats the whole "binding" thing.
    2. It was the end, but it was super anti-climactic and everyone felt like it should be at the beginning, also doing the first two phases and then wiping to the binding would be rage inducing.
    3. Refer to #1

Trion!

So, you've made a hard boss (which is good!)
    Having a difficult boss usually involves a lot of wiping. So far so good!

But, you decided to add 2 minutes of....boring,terrible mini phase through which we need to pass every single time, every single try, few dozen of tries every night.

It is....horrendous.

My suggestions (pick one)

Thank you!
    The funny thing is that the phase was at the end of the fight before, but it got moved to the beginning. I wish it had remained at the end of the fight, but at least it is much shorter than Abominus platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    2. It was the end, but it was super anti-climactic and everyone felt like it should be at the beginning, also doing the first two phases and then wiping to the binding would be rage inducing.
    You mean like Greenscale's Binding?
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 05-15-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    You mean like Greenscale's Binding?
    Greenscale is much simpler fight, wiping and having to redo that is nothing like wiping on Laethys at the very very end. Also the Laethys binding was heavily nerfed, it could have remained at the end but again, it's just so anti-climactic.

Shadowlander

3! This phase teaches us nothing about the fight further like it was the case with Abo's adds.
    It serve no other purpose but to test the taunt response from tanks and the spot healing/shielding.
    The fight itself seems fun at least in the first 25% we managed to keep up with a few glitches in the mechanic's timing but gosh this endless add swarm definitely kill the fun of the fight further !

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    1. Possible, but that kind of defeats the whole "binding" thing.
    3. Refer to #1
    1. What is exactly the point of "binding" thing? If you go in T3 I guess you wanna raid, not role play. I've seen it once, thank you very much, don't want to watch it and endure it more than once on a daily basis. I guess that phase would fit really good into a chronicle, where people who care for role play usually reside and where you don't wipe 40 times per night.
    2. You mean, it would be like Greenscale, where annoying, almost impossible to wipe phase is at the end?
    3. Refer to #1

2. You mean, it would be like Greenscale, where annoying, almost impossible to wipe phase is at the end?
    The thing about it being at the end was that you didn't really have to kill anything as nothing carried over to phase 2. So all you had to do was handle the seer and then survive for the timer. It was a pretty dull feature.

I agree with you that phase 1 currently causes you to have to stay awake for every pull as phase 1 really matters in the overall picture of the fight. Causes you to have to meet certain requirements in order to succeed later on. Isn't that good?

My 2cents
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Causes you to have to meet certain requirements in order to succeed later on. Isn't that good?

My 2cents
    What requirements? But ok, lets say you need to pass it to meet certain requirements.
    But why I need to meet them every wipe? It would be a fun fight without that "phase" at start....

What requirements? But ok, lets say you need to pass it to meet certain requirements.
    But why I need to meet them every wipe? It would be a fun fight without that "phase" at start....
    Because it causes you to have to think about how you will handle that phase, yet still meet requirements for other phases. It causes you to have to do more comp fiddling. You really don't see this side of the discussion? If you don't meet the requirements of P1, then you will not succeed in the later phase.

Or, maybe you will, and I am wrong =P

The requirements of managing tank heals in P1 which aren't very heavy in P2 and not too known in P3.

The requirements of swapping down and killing the adds without them killing you or letting them pile up.

The comp, or at least skillcap would be a lot different or lower if you removed this phase due to the multiple target factor instead of just one. You're basically just asking for a nerf.

Why stop here though? Once you defeat Jornaru, just make it so you always fight the Lashers and Stingers, once you get past that, just stay on Akylios forever...see where I'm going with this?
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 05-15-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Because it causes you to have to think about how you will handle that phase, yet still meet requirements for other phases. It causes you to have to do more comp fiddling. You really don't see this side of the discussion? If you don't meet the requirements of P1, then you will not succeed in the later phase.

Or, maybe you will, and I am wrong =P
    I don't think we understand each other. I'm talking about ceremony of binding on Laethys.
    That mini phase before the fight in which you need to handle silver/gold small adds, kill one different add to give you shield etc. You can meet requirements of that phase with just about any raid composition. I'm failing to see what purpose that phase serves except to annoy people and make your raiders wanna quit

I don't think we understand each other. I'm talking about ceremony of binding on Laethys.
    That mini phase before the fight in which you need to handle silver/gold small adds, kill one different add to give you shield etc. You can meet requirements of that phase with just about any raid composition. I'm failing to see what purpose that phase serves except to annoy people and make your raiders wanna quit
    Oh, we are on the exact same phase, I just don't think your understanding the bigger picture. RR just drawn up a good idea for you in the post above.

shp
    Champion

That's so bad and I don't even raid anymore.

You can meet requirements of that phase with just about any raid composition.
    Just about any raid composition
    - key phrase. Not any raid composition, but just about any, this means that there is a strategic approach that goes into your raid composition which would effect the actual Laethys fight itself. Add a healer to the binding ceremony and it might be easier, then you're screwed on DPS on Laethys herself. Do I really need to go into more detail here?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast