Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Math

Default Math

(300,000,000 * 0.5) / (5 * 60) = 500,000

500k raid wide dps maintained for 5 minutes, through movement heavy mechanics that requires liberal heals and a 2 tank requirement, with mechanics that require you to hide for many seconds at a time.

... with some silly reflect damage ability that happened all of twice in 5 minutes, contributing about 10k dps over 5 minutes.

I don't think you needed to hide the entrance to Laethys to be confident that she won't die today.

Dat maff.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Didn't you see that vine that you can dps the boss freely on? oh wrong boss.

At least Krass encounter was entertaining.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Telaran

Well, all I can say is that I'm happy this is the case. Actually having to grind gear and not having everything on farm the first week of release is a good sign. It means the encounter is actually difficult. Also lets the guilds that stick to normal raid times have a chance at a first. I don't care if it's the same old Laethys mechanics that we used to deal with, I'm just happy there is finally a boss that isn't going to die within the first few weeks, or days, of release. Let the fun begin.
    Last edited by Doughnut; 05-14-2014 at 09:41 PM.

4/4 RoF 5/5 Mount Sharax 2/3 Tyrant's Forge + all SL "Content" + All Vanilla stuff
    World First: Awesome
    Stabbed for the Patisserie February 2015
    Revived by <Voodoo> donuts June 2016

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    Well, all I can say is that I'm happy this is the case. Actually having to grind gear and not having everything on farm the first week of release is a good sign. It means the encounter is actually difficult. Also lets the guilds that stick to normal raid times have a chance at a first. I don't care if it's the same old Laethys mechanics that we used to deal with, I'm just happy there is finally a boss that isn't going to die within the first few weeks, or days, of release. Let the fun begin.
    so much this.

<Crayons>
    Retired scrub

Ascendant

I could post all sorts of my own napkin math involving optimal raid composition trying to convince you that it's possible, but what's the point? Either you think it's possible and keep putting in the hours or you give up.

All that matters is Krug knows it's possible, just very very difficult.

And...it would be a shame for it to be nerfed this month, or in early June.
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-14-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    I agree with the gist of the idea.

But I disagree with the 'difficulty' being determined by inflated numbers instead of challenging mechanics.

I'm ok with a series of tight checks, oodles of personal responsibility mechanics, etc

I'm less ok with being able to deal with -all- of the mechanics thrown at us, but... well, anyway.

There are bigger math implications that kind of highlights the absurdity of the numbers currently on Laethys. I don't really think the current numbers required is achievable outside of pretty much a nearly fully decked out T3 raid, which is a bit of a mind-**** considering this is the third of four bosses in the tier.

We're not slackers in terms of pumping out dps by any measure. These numbers suggests that we need to improve our total dps output by approximately 40% to barely scrape by not hitting enrage in that phase.

40%. Considering we already mandate everything that exists in the game that boosts your stats and performance, and we need another 40% to meet its minimum requirements.

I mean, maybe if you outfit your raid in all those 500ap/sp proc relics? ... maybe...? But I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I could post all sorts of my own napkin math involving optimal raid composition trying to convince you that it's possible, but what's the point? Either you think it's possible and keep putting in the hours or you give up.

All that matters is Krug knows it's possible, just very very difficult.

And...it would be a shame for it to be nerfed this month.
    Oh, I'm not asking for it to be nerfed. The hours on Laethys today was the most fun I've had in T3 to date.

But the napkin math does leave me scratching my head some.

I'd be putting in hours even if I thought it to be impossible; its kind of besides the point
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 05-14-2014 at 10:36 PM.

No healers, no tanks, pray.

Fight is awesome, I love it.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 05-14-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Ascendant

Ok, I'll bite.

You claim you need to improve by 40%.

That tells me you are WAY overhealing this encounter.

Additionally, first hours of progression are severely worse than next week or the week after that. DPS improves substantially over time, strategies refine, compositions refine.
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-14-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

You claim you need to improve by 40%.

That tells me you are WAY overhealing this encounter.

Additionally, first hours of progression are severely worse than next week or the week after that. DPS improves substantially over time, strategies refine, compositions refine.
    That is true. Its part of how we progress; Pretty sure you've been part of it at some point in the past with us.

I also agree with the process you described. But still, I think this is really scraping the edge of possibility.

We'll see, though. Its just day 1.

We should start a petition to temporarily remove all tank drops off greenscale/aky loot table to speed up laethys progression! Who's in?

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Inb4 Laethys pushes to P3 post-50%

Quote Originally Posted by Vixiar View Post
    We should start a petition to temporarily remove all tank drops off greenscale/aky loot table to speed up laethys progression! Who's in?
    who's this vixiar guy

RIFT Guide Writer

But it's Laethys so all you need to do is get it to 65% and then count it as a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    But it's Laethys so all you need to do is get it to 65% and then count it as a kill.
    inb4 65% transition as a troll.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast