+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heirarch Kosic

Default Heirarch Kosic

Alright, while I realize most guilds are way past this point and I'm gonna get some Lol's for asking, I'm hoping that at least some will give help.

We're not a high end raiding guild and we play to have fun and progress as we can, just not hard core like others. We're trying to down Regulos (old news, yes but our rogues and warriors would really like his heart). Anywho, our biggest problem is that the Heirarch on the Bridge keeps killing out Purifier or Bard (and sometimes the chloro) during the portal phase. This really hurts the Molinar group when our Puri goes down and things generally fall a part from there. I'm certain if we can figure out how to prevent that, things will go a lot smoother and we'll be having Reggies heart for dinner.

Can anyone give advice on how to handle this bast**d?

We've tried dismissing pets before going in, letting bard motifs wind off and having a tank go in the portals last.

We basically can't figure out what we're missing. Tanks are too far away at the point the portals spawn to taunt him. Does that mean we need to go back and look at our positioning, so the cleric can either throw a hammer at him or the rogue tank can blink?

Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks and advice.

tl;dr Heirarch Kosic keeps killing our Puri during portal phases, how do we mitigate this?
    Peace, Love and all that Jazz.

RIFT Guide Writer

One tank should be running to bridge to smash his face before going into portal. He should be running over to the bridge at about 72%~.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Yeah, one taunt and a hammer from Cleric or Pally or a Rogue blink should grab the aggro for the entire portal phase.

The Sicaron portal will usually be the quickest to be completed.
    So have the tank that will be entering the Sicaron portal, run towards the bridge boss, and throw a damaging ability (or even a taunt) at him.
    One will suffice, does not matter the amount of damage (you can auto-attack him if you want ).

As long as the players who enter Sicaron's portal do not move, he won't aggro and will allow your tank to catch up. You have roughly 20 seconds to do this before the portals disappear, so it shouldn't be an issue (if any, use insoles).

You don't need to use blinks (so don't feel obligated to use a rogue tank for this).
    I have ran the length of the diameter of that platform back and forth and still managed to get into the platform I needed to be in.
    I would definitely say a cleric tank's hammer, paladin's hammer, and a mage tank's ranged AoE threat gen are your best bets (as they usually insta-lock without the necessity of being in melee).

===
    For the record, no one here would (or should, I should say) undermine any guilds trying to progress through content and asking valid questions for the benefit of the whole.
    Ask your questions - as long as they are genuine, people will help rather than 'lol'.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 05-12-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Thank you all. Last night was a frustrating night with Reggie. I sincerely appreciate the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Thank you all. Last night was a frustrating night with Reggie. I sincerely appreciate the responses.
    Been there. Everyone has been there. We feel your pain .

And Regulos is dead. We had heart for dinner and caster loot dropped. Thank you all so much.

Plane Touched

If pets are left near the bridge they will body aggro Kosic, as will anyone running past the bridge. If pets are managed properly and everyone runs on the back side of the platform, Kosic should not even be aggroing

+ Reply to Thread