+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bindings of Blood: Greenscale - Tuning Adjustment

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Bindings of Blood: Greenscale - Tuning Adjustment

In the interest of being fair to newly progressing raiders, the Greenscale 'buff' will be partially reverted next week. The means of doing this are not a flat revert to the original state but instead a collective adjustment that returns it to nearly that state by adjusting the contributions of various hero mechanics. The decision to make these adjustments was made in the interest of maintaining our position that we do not perform outright mathematical buffs.

The changes are as follows:

Reduced the total number of Shamblers to 21, down from 24.
    Dhel's damage bonus is now 40% for 20s up from 20% for 15s.
    Diona's cooldown has been reduced to 120s from 180s.
    Murderous Overgrowth health has been reduced (-4,500,000).
    Petrified Genesis Oak has had its health slightly reduced (-1,500,000).
    Greenscale’s health has been slightly reduced (-8,100,000).
    Noxious Spores and Venom Cloud are now mutually exclusive; they cannot overlap for a double tick.

This will preserve the intended challenge of completing achievements such as Anheroic and Only Improbable while mostly negating the total DPS requirement increase for progressing raiders. It will also discourage ignoring certain mechanics.I believe the net result will be a more enjoyable encounter than the pre-'buff' fight while still being of similar difficulty.

Regards,

Anony

That's disappointing. At least Laethys and Maelforge are coming soon.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

RIP HM GS (lolacronyms)

but...but....my fatty gweenscale

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Catering to guilds who haven't cleared last tier, congrats.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    but...but....my fatty gweenscale
    Stop eating, Raivee

Sooooo...

Future hard mode button incoming?

(With double the lasers I hope)
    Last edited by BelZoness; 05-09-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Quote Originally Posted by BelZoness View Post
    Sooooo...

Triple lasers.
    and 10m heals per add left up lel.

Quote Originally Posted by BelZoness View Post
    Sooooo...

more launch Durnes action amirite

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post

This is overkill. You doubled the damage buff yet done an almost 50%-70% health nerf (to the previous buff) across the board.

Regardless of whether or not this is accommodating to newly progressing raiders (which it isn't), all that was necessary was the buff to Dhel's Ability, but even then that isn't necessary either because all it takes is formulating a proper strategy for meeting the DPS requirements on Greenscale while handling everything else. That's what HP Buffs do, they make you do the same thing in a different manner which is why the buff was so damn noticeable because what you did before is not working as it should, change it up.

I am extremely tired of nerfs to content because people can't play their class. I raid for the challenges, all of these changes are not going to preserve the intended challenges, it's going to outright nerf it. Give a 40% Buff to a good DPS and they'll make full use of it.

Noxious Spores and Venom Cloud are now mutually exclusive; they cannot overlap for a double tick.
    I mean... if people stand in stupid or don't move fast enough it's literally their fault. Giant Green dude turns and shoots stuff at you... I don't know how much more obvious he needs to be.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by ATFMorgan View Post
    Catering to guilds who haven't cleared last tier, congrats.
    This is not catering to guilds who haven't cleared the last tier.

This is trying to keep us to our policy of not increasing the difficulty of an encounter after it is out. Due to an error on our part, the difficulty was in fact increased after it was out.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed in the situation.

~Daglar

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

This is overkill. You doubled the damage buff yet done an almost 50%-70% health nerf (to the previous buff) across the board.
    Actually the total damage increase over the time available combined with flaring power is just enough to neutralize the health gains that weren't nerfed. The increased damage from all possible roar time is about ~15,000,000 with flaring used in perfect parallel. This accounts for the combined ~17,500,000 Murderous Overgrowth + LGS gain not erased by adjustment. Effective use of other cooldowns by individual DPS should bridge the gap on the last 2,500,000. The reason I chose to erase that health gain in this way is because it dramatically increases the total DPS requirement for obtaining the achievements where players do not use the heroes vs a straight revert of the 'buff'.

I mean... if people stand in stupid or don't move fast enough it's literally their fault. Giant Green dude turns and shoots stuff at you... I don't know how much more obvious he needs to be.
    To be specific, there was a situation where the bracken could appear on your screen after it had already started doing damage. This would often line up about the same time that Venom Cloud ticked. That led to instant death for players by no fault of their own. Venom Cloud now gives a 3s immunity from the Noxious Spores. Noxious Spores gives immunity from Venom Cloud. Both of them hit hard enough that they take over 50% (closer to 70%) of non-tank health when they hit. The bracken hit every 2s and also drain energy/mana, making it very undesirable to hide from Venom Cloud inside of them. The reason I elected to make this change was the flurry of reports from virtually every guild that fought LGS informing me they'd been 1-shot by RNG. I am of the opinion that raids should test the skill of the raid, rather than their luck.

Don't worry though, all of these buffs to HP aren't genuinely disappearing. They're just just moving to Maelforge.

Cheers,

Anony

Don't worry though, all of these buffs to HP aren't genuinely disappearing. They're just just moving to Maelforge.

Cheers,

Anony
    Raiders crying out loud: 10% HP increase Maelforge.
    Just to see raider tears: an other 5% HP increase. :P
    Last edited by Soulshield; 05-09-2014 at 03:54 PM.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Shield of Telara

In the interest of being fair to newly progressing raiders, the Greenscale 'buff' will be partially reverted next week. The means of doing this are not a flat revert to the original state but instead a collective adjustment that returns it to nearly that state by adjusting the contributions of various hero mechanics. The decision to make these adjustments was made in the interest of maintaining our position that we do not perform outright mathematical buffs.

The changes are as follows:

Reduced the total number of Shamblers to 21, down from 24.
    Diona's cooldown has been reduced to 120s from 180s.

This will preserve the intended challenge of completing achievements such as Anheroic and Only Improbable while mostly negating the total DPS requirement increase for progressing raiders. It will also discourage ignoring certain mechanics.I believe the net result will be a more enjoyable encounter than the pre-'buff' fight while still being of similar difficulty.

Regards,

Anony

This is nice, my friends guild has already killed LGS and with the buff they can not. They did work to kill LGS and we were upset they couldn't reap the rewards of already progressing on him. While I think NOW it is a good tuned fight, I just believe it unfair after the fact.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast