+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121
Like Tree30Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hard Mode Greenscale

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,347

    Default Hard Mode Greenscale

    Discuss, keep it?

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Keep it. Greenscale just got fatter. Cuz he's a gd fattie

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  3. #3
    Plane Walker TekBlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Thanks for the ninja buff.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    325

    Default

    We thought we were having a bad night. "Why is DPS so low? What's taking so long on the Overgrowths?"

    Only to find out 2 hours later that Greenscale and his minions have been secretly hitting the gym. Sneaky sneaky Trion.

    In hindsight I like it. At the time we had no idea why we weren't pushing phases at the usual times, but the added health means you gotta do more mechanics and make some choices on what to do with the plants. It probably should have had these numbers on release.
    Last edited by ginc; 05-07-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

    GDAAAY NOOOOO

  5. #5
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    I hope they keep it, no definitely keep it.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Keep it. Greenscale just got fatter. Cuz he's a gd fattie
    I'm pretty sure he's going to bug out and sometimes stop flying during add phases again.



    Because he's fat.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

    GDAAAY NOOOOO

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    make a boring fight longer? hell yea sign me up

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    make a boring fight longer? hell yea sign me up
    They just made LGS dps check SRS BZNZ.
    Almost felt like the usage of the plant buffs are mandatory now.

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    make a boring fight longer? hell yea sign me up
    y always so mad. Bust out dem warrior tank deeps brah

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    51

    Default

    As it turns out, the original PTS configuration meant for release for Greenscale failed to move from test to release. It was a silent integration failure. The 2.7 test to release picked up the changes though, making him behave as intended. This isn't actually a buff, just an unexpected bug fix due to a quirk in the build system. Hopefully this won't cause too much havoc for those already familiar with the encounter.

    Regards,

    Anony

  11. #11
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Anony View Post
    As it turns out, the original PTS configuration meant for release for Greenscale failed to move from test to release. It was a silent integration failure. The 2.7 test to release picked up the changes though, making him behave as intended. This isn't actually a buff, just an unexpected bug fix due to a quirk in the build system. Hopefully this won't cause too much havoc for those already familiar with the encounter.

    Regards,

    Anony
    Can we keep it and buff Akylios?

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple njsdca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Hopefully this means you're keeping it! I, for one, welcome a more difficult encounter.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    So since Greenscale is brought up in difficulty by a significant margin, shouldnt topofrift.com's point spread change/wiped/recalculated? Or its a special 1st come 1st serve system

  14. #14
    Plane Touched EJAvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Rollback inc?

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Jmarz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    So since Greenscale is brought up in difficulty by a significant margin, shouldnt topofrift.com's point spread change/wiped/recalculated? Or its a special 1st come 1st serve system
    How would you go about it exactly? what manner would make it fair? Trinity killed it 1st tonight(i think), i would expect a bit of anger if raivee were to alter to suit kills after todays patch.. it would also seem biased in favor of trinity. so how exactly would one go about it?
    Last edited by Jmarz; 05-07-2014 at 10:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts