Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By OwnaGeJuiCe
  • 1 Post By Ahov
  • 2 Post By Xenoheart

Thread: Laethys nerf

Plane Walker

Default Laethys nerf

INFERNAL DAWN
    * Laethys: Updated the encounter so that Silver Slagwalkers spawn near the Greed Elemental. Additionally, they no longer have a damage reflect shield.

Was this really needed? Too soon imo. Discuss

Ascendant

Now, now. We all know this is a "fix" and not a "nerf."

Source: rift forums.
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-07-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    INFERNAL DAWN
    * Laethys: Updated the encounter so that Silver Slagwalkers spawn near the Greed Elemental. Additionally, they no longer have a damage reflect shield.

You should put away your calendar from 2012 and get a new one :P
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    INFERNAL DAWN

Does it really need a thread.

"Discuss"
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Can't wait for the King's Breach normal dungeon change next week!
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

I'm TIRED of nerfs being put in place before the current raiding tier is over!!!

When is storm legion coming out anyway??
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I'm TIRED of nerfs being put in place before the current raiding tier is over!!!

When is storm legion coming out anyway??
    Oh thank god. Now I can get rid of those 6 bags of stoned weapons I've been carrying.

Rift Chaser

This is actually a serious business fix for any raid mentored down to level 50 since overhealing threat doesn't exist anymore.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    This is actually a serious business fix for any raid mentored down to level 50 since overhealing threat doesn't exist anymore.
    Still not sure how this was thought of, but Mage Tank essences weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Varrm View Post
    Still not sure how this was thought of, but Mage Tank essences weren't.
    There's a difference between "thinking of something" and "scheduling time for implementation." If they included everything they wanted with the initial release of 2.7, it would be out maybe a month before 3.0.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    There's a difference between "thinking of something" and "scheduling time for implementation." If they included everything they wanted with the initial release of 2.7, it would be out maybe a month before 3.0.
    1. You do not know that and you know it.
    2. Copy pasting values is not hard at all
    3. This was shoddy work, this is not the first time York has not implemented gear for a soul. Riftstalker anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    3. This was shoddy work, this is not the first time York has not implemented gear for a soul. Riftstalker anyone?

4. They had over a year to implement the gear. Considering Tank roles are reliant upon...tank gear. It makes no sense for there not to be the appropriate items for such a soul, especially since t3 will apparently be the last tier before 3.0.

Enjoy your tank soul Mages!

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Don't chastise me for being presumptuous if you are going to do the same. It's quite obviously prioritization, you really think they "forgot" despite endless discussions of the matter and a post just after the patch saying they're coming?

Ascendant

Don't chastise me for being presumptuous if you are going to do the same. It's quite obviously prioritization, you really think they "forgot" despite endless discussions of the matter and a post just after the patch saying they're coming?
    I didn't chastise you, no punishment was involved and my critique was far from harsh. I simply said you don't have anything to support such an idea and that you know it. There is nothing between the lines.

You do not have any information to make such a presumption as it is unsupported, Unless you have insider knowledge about what their plans are, we really cannot come up with an idea on what is being prioritized.

But... what if there is priority?

Arbiter was one of the more highly anticipated souls, and test gear was made available for it for it to be tested. On top of that, there were mage tank drops in t3 before this patch, so we know that the intent for Mage tank gear to be present was prioritized with 2.7.

We also know that there is a structure in place for item level, making it easier to tweak an item's stats for the appropriate tier. It is also part of how mentoring affects your character's equipment.
    So they have all of the necessary tools for creating the items on hand. It is part of why we often see raid gear immediately ready as soon as the next tier boss is ready.
    What I believe occurred, was that there was an error, and the Mage essences/crafting gear and the like simply were not implemented even though they were meant to be. Sort of like how someone's report card is missing, and everyone is confused as to why its missing.

They were intended to be there, were meant to be there, but there was an error and it was simply never implemented accordingly. This suggests that the itemization team doesn't have anyone really reviewing all of the work piece by piece as is necessary. Which is why we do often hear "sorry guys we didn't implement it YET" or "It was SUPPOSED to be implemented but the switch didn't get flipped on".
    So for example, how Mage belts had physical crit, or how Riftstalker items were not present.

Considering Josh York is supposedly the head of itemization, much of the critique falls upon him as this means things aren't being reviewed in their entirety.
    Last edited by Katosu; 05-08-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Yes, they simply forgot. You act like you don't have any prior experience with Trion.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

+ Reply to Thread