+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Think i can start healing raids?

Soulwalker

Default Think i can start healing raids?

So I can heal dungeons just fine, and I can usually solo heal GH5 groups with my warden/puri spec. Im just afraid to actually try and heal a real raid, im sittin at only 424 hit, only been 60 for a day now.. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by riftmaster13 View Post
    So I can heal dungeons just fine, and I can usually solo heal GH5 groups with my warden/puri spec. Im just afraid to actually try and heal a real raid, im sittin at only 424 hit, only been 60 for a day now.. What do you guys think?
    You should be able to. Hit doesn't matter much for most healing specs(chloro's being an exception) but there were people healing raids with far less gear and harder versions of the encounters than is out there now so yes, you should easily be able to handle raid healing (tank or raid).

If you're starting to raid on a cleric there's a few things I'd recommend, a lot of this is based on personal experience making the transition from a warrior to a cleric in the time between ID and SL launch:

1. Have all your basic raid heal specs ready - the guides section of the forums has 61 warden, 61 purifier, and 61 defiler - I would recommend at least having at least one variation of each of these, and for tier 1 it won't matter much which variation on each spec you use.

2. Understand what those specs are capable of. This starts with asking others what to do per encounter but a lot of it ends up as being able to adjust to the demands of a particular encounter over the course of that encounter. The most important part is to know what your cooldowns do because cleric cooldowns can basically make or break fights. When someone calls for UT (61 point defiler skill) or a mit (this can be a lot of things) it's important to know what each of those is. Make a shout/say/raid macro for your battle res so others know when you're casting it and call it out over coms.

3. Be prepared to DPS. Because heal setup requirements vary from fight to fight you won't necessarily get to heal every fight. For example, Hard Mode Kain doesn't really require a cleric healer beyond the defiler, and there's really no need for a warden on Regulos, while Purifier isn't really necessary on Progenitor Saetos but is helpful on a couple of other encounters.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

+ Reply to Thread