+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Another one of these threads... Yea.

Default Another one of these threads... Yea.

I want to preface this with the fact that I've not seen all of these items myself, so I'm employing some blind faith in those who submit to Riftscene when I use it to supplement my in-game screenshots. Others may have already noticed this, so forgive me if this was already said in another topic(I looked around). Anyway, on to my issue.

Okay, so we all know that, yes, some itemization is wonky this tier. Yes, there are some items with incorrect stats and/or procs. This I can understand, to some degree, and it's within the realm of possibility(human error, we're all not perfect). This will be, I hope, fixed in time and will just take a second pass by QA(or whomever). This isn't why I'm posting.

With the start of T3 we saw duplicated(reused) skins for our tier armor. Many of us were upset with this, and the descent was countered with the assertion that it was done as a 'throwback', since we were, after all, fighting and binding some of the first bosses the game had seen. Okay, plausible. Can't exactly argue with Dev intent, because we have no ground to stand on(no proof), all we can do is argue that it was a bad call. I was able to move on passed this. But, after seeing this it's beginning to irk me even more.

Issue at hand:

Why in the world does a T3 drop have the exact same, copy/pasted stats as the T3 vendor item?

More examples(large picture):
    http://imgur.com/3ozQwwR

Now this isn't true for every slot, and certainly not every calling. Also, Rift Scene doesn't seem to have data of every slot(no dropped belt/shoulders/gloves for mages, for example), and I'm sure that's because some of this will be dropping with Laethys/Maelforge and thier minis. But the fact that it's happening is atrocious.

This cuts out a large portion of the fun in our gear progression, min-maxing our stats based on available drops vs vendor choices.

Dropped, epic armor pieces(not including jewelery, etc.) I found that were unique to their cash shop counterparts so far are:
    Spoiler!

For me, rehashed boss skins/content was strike one. Rehashed Tier Armor skins was strike two. Copy/paste duplicate item stats.... strike three.

#1 worst name NA, all time
    Soulstorm!

What about drops that are better than the mark bought tier gear, including the relic upgrade?
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 05-05-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    What about drops that are better than the mark bought tier gear, including the relic upgrade?
    That bothers me so much...

Plane Walker

I like the GS mini rogue tank helm being BiS. (Above relic mark helm and actual rogue tank helm from GS himself, by almost 20 endurance)
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Yea, that too. Itemization is bad, but my point wasn't so much the itemization, more the lack of effort put into it(Copy/paste).

Blatant copy/pasting is a concern because it shows a lack of effort and time invested, which was the accusation when T3 armor skins were shown to us.
    Last edited by NotTrev; 05-05-2014 at 03:56 PM.

#1 worst name NA, all time
    Soulstorm!

I'm sure it's because the itemization team is working on 3.0.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

No one submits items to Riftscene. It grabs the items directly from Trion's XML for items.

Plane Walker

Clearly the dropped items have new armor looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xynvyctus View Post
    Clearly the dropped items have new armor looks!
    "New" if you weren't here pre-SL.

I haven't seen that fugly leather hood since the early days of Lv 50 GSB. In fact, I plain forgot its ugly existence in the game until they slapped it on the current BiS rogue tank helmet.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    No one submits items to Riftscene. It grabs the items directly from Trion's XML for items.
    No, you're not getting out of it this easily. It's your fault. Take the blame. Be a man. Or woman. Or amorphous blob.

I'm guessing there will be a steady stream of these pixel rage threads well into 3.0.

I remember SL release having the best high int/block, high dex/sp crit green drops.

Rift Chaser

Personally I wouldn't have a problem if ALL the raid vendor items had the same stats as their counterparts from boss loot tables, other than having variants for AP/SP, PC/SC and CP.

The whole point of having both raid vendor items AND boss loot cover the same slot is redundancy, because the latter is highly susceptible to RNG. The RNG of boss loot is mitigated by having a currency-based alternative, which makes the loot situation much more bearable for any slot that is covered by both.

Now, assuming we're talking about one tier, calling, variant and slot (example: T3 Epic Mage SP Helmet), what IS the point of having different stats on the boss item and the vendor item? To make people examine BiS spreadsheets? To create more work for the itemization team? To make each item a unique and beatiful snowflake? Just "because"?

If the boss item is significantly better than the vendor item, then you make things much more RNG dependent since everyone wants the boss item.

If the vendor item is significantly better, then the boss item becomes "junk" and the loot table becomes more RNG dependent, just in reverse. Instead of hoping a specific item drops, the entire raid is hoping a specific item DOESN'T drop :P

Now, if the boss item and vendor item are identical (or so close that only obsessives worry about it), then you don't have to worry about RNG as much, you don't have to pull up BiS spreadsheets, you actually have a choice when it comes to wardrobe (lol)... you can just play the damn game and take whichever item is available first.

All that being said... your other complaints about itemization are spot on, and running the pre-SL relics through a conversion script to produce the current T3 items (without giving them a sanity check) is inexcusable. Laughable even, because itemization was terrible in the GSB/HK days and this is basically just a repeat of those mistakes.
    Last edited by ginc; 05-06-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

What about the bought pieces that default to phys crit and now take Ephemeral Essences to make useful?

Why, rift itemization spirits, why? Have I done something to displease you?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    No, you're not getting out of it this easily. It's your fault. Take the blame. Be a man. Or woman. Or amorphous blob.
    Okay, fine, fine! I will own up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    What about the bought pieces that default to phys crit and now take Ephemeral Essences to make useful?

Why, rift itemization spirits, why? Have I done something to displease you?
    I wonder why everyone believes that physical crit is "useless".
    I guess because rifstcene says crit is 0.3 AP, so yeah, they must be right.

Anyway, after all the things that were said in few topics on this subforum, will mr. York....do something?

1. Akylios dropped Soliton blade has less endurance than T1 drops, same is true for most T3 drops.
    2. Some weapons have overpowered procs, some have 100 dps procs and some have completely nonsensical procs (like AP instead of SP)
    3. Threat procs on dps gear and procs with level 50 values (300 damage?) on some gear.

So....mr. York....will you do something?
    Last edited by Eione; 05-06-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast