+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ardwick

Thread: FT twins

Soulwalker

Default FT twins

So my guild is trying to finish up T1 content to be able to start T2. We are pretty stuck on the twins. The only reason we are stuck on the twins though is because at around 12% we get the hide mechanic, and the wisps at the same time, The wisps kill us every time!

We experimented with stopping DPS at different percentages and could never get it right, what happens is the wisps pop, and they usually pop in a way that even if we sacrificed 2 people to the hide mechanic for wisps they can never quite get the defuse vortex to pop before hide happens, and if we do it after hide we don't have enough time to finish wisps.

What is the surefire way to make sure we don't get both the hide and wisps? What percentage do we stop at for the hide before the wisps start spawning? 40%? 30%?

Quote Originally Posted by Flof View Post

What is the surefire way to make sure we don't get both the hide and wisps? What percentage do we stop at for the hide before the wisps start spawning? 40%? 30%?
    Just have the twins positioned behind the pillars so that your whisp clickers can still perform their job while also being out of LoS of the twins.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

If the boss is behind the bottom left pillar, then if they stand somewhere between the bottom left pillar and the top right pillar, they'll be LOS of the boss. Just make sure they are on that line like that.

As for the timing, make sure the stack group doesn't move until a bubble is dropped on them from either Kolm or Toin as the one not casting can still drop bubbles at those not in melee so if the group moves to the pillar too early, there can be a bubble there but if you move right after a bubble drops you can get there (and back in melee in time)

As the timer for the next 'hide' nears say 20 seconds or so, hold both of the bosses roughly where I'm tanking him at 3:10 in the video.

In this video, we never had the overlap so I can't show an exact example, but if you look at the time I mention you'll be able to see exactly why to hold them there. The center of the room is out of LOS of the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVcsV9S8yWk

(Yes, we had 2 tanks on it. We were training a new tank, ignore that.) ;)
    Kilden@Greybriar
    <Silhouette> Lv 24 Social/Raiding Guild
    We raid 3 days a week at 6 server. Interested? Check out our requirements to join!
    4/4 RoF 1/5 MS (RIP Pre-3.0 8/9 T1 2/4 GA 1/5 PBB)

Plane Touched

The first wisp spawns at 40% then after that I believe it's time based. If your group's DPS can get high enough (I think around 260-280k peak) then you can avoid hides and only deal with one wisp spawn. Keep them above 60% until 1:30, then burn.

If you have a bunch of Sabs and Champs, you should give it a try to see if you're close or not.

Quote Originally Posted by neverwhere2012 View Post
    The first wisp spawns at 40% then after that I believe it's time based. If your group's DPS can get high enough (I think around 260-280k peak) then you can avoid hides and only deal with one wisp spawn. Keep them above 60% until 1:30, then burn.

If you have a bunch of Sabs and Champs, you should give it a try to see if you're close or not.
    The wisps are a time mechanic with two possible times depending on the hp of the bosses at the first check.

You can kill the twins without ever having to perform the wisp mechanic, but you'd have to pack enough dps to kill them both in approximately 62 seconds.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    The wisps are a time mechanic with two possible times depending on the hp of the bosses at the first check.

You can kill the twins without ever having to perform the wisp mechanic, but you'd have to pack enough dps to kill them both in approximately 62 seconds.
    If you have > 500k raid dps the hide "bugs" and comes at 50sec, if > 160k raid dps < 500k then its 1:30, else if <160k then its 2:30?

Wisp is based off time after 40% gets hit.

+ Reply to Thread