+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vioarr

Thread: Friday giggle: "Not quite expert..."

Default Friday giggle: "Not quite expert..."

I have to share our last guild adventure, even tho I missed it myself sorry to say and maybee tho its not that glorious(?), as it was a giggle fest just to read about it

http://simchaandalts.wordpress.com/2...-quite-expert/

Have a wonderful weekend!

Take it how you will but know I intend this criticism to be constructive. It quickly became apparent that very little effort was made to proofread and otherwise prepare this entry for public viewing. The wording is sometimes awkward, words are misused, etc. I'm not harping on grammatical correctness, but rather the way the writing flows and how it distracts the reader from the topic when they are periodically forced to figure out what you are trying to communicate, making immersion all but impossible.

The basic point is that it will be very difficult for your blog to gain much traction without more effort put into the writing prior to it being posted. Hopefully I have adequately communicated my intention as good, otherwise I'm prepared to appropriately respond per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    Take it how you will but know I intend this criticism to be constructive. It quickly became apparent that very little effort was made to proofread and otherwise prepare this entry for public viewing. The wording is sometimes awkward, words are misused, etc. I'm not harping on grammatical correctness, but rather the way the writing flows and how it distracts the reader from the topic when they are periodically forced to figure out what you are trying to communicate, making immersion all but impossible.

The basic point is that it will be very difficult for your blog to gain much traction without more effort put into the writing prior to it being posted. Hopefully I have adequately communicated my intention as good, otherwise I'm prepared to appropriately respond per usual.
    Can't disagree with any of the above. I, too, found myself taking some time away from the content to figure out what was being conveyed to me.

However, I'd also like to add that it sounds like you guys had some fun and laughs during your little adventure

How did anyone of you not notice that it was in expert or not? The mobs in the normal mode are lvl 50, the ones in expert are lvl 60. Also:

''After much trial and error, Radly finally led us to a dungeon judged suitable for our skills and abilities.''

Did he not notice what he was clicking?
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 05-02-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

+ Reply to Thread