+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Akylios right before going underwater

Default Akylios right before going underwater

I'm the archon for my raid, which means I power drain to help keep the damage down on Akylios' breath. I've noticed on the breath before he goes underwater, he does this...dip and becomes un-targetable. Yes, people could pop cool downs to help, etc, but I'm wondering if this is an error in the fight. If is is, it is also causing some dps to not be done to Akylios on top of abilities unable to be done, like power drain. Could one of the raid developers look at this and decide if it is "working as intended," or if Akylios doing his dip is the issue? Thank you.

PS Wave indicators, oh sweet something of somewhere. Keep them in, working 100%, or take out the indicators altogether.
    Last edited by Eorer; 04-28-2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

Rift Disciple

Yeah it's been like that since PTS. I can't power drain that one either, but honestly I stopped doing power drain all together as it was doing minimal effect for some reason (ticks less than 200 in average).

Rotate your flame of life and monsoons for those and if you have a rogue tank physical wellness.
    Androgena <GraySkull@Wolfsbane> R.I.P <Crayons>

Brute force healing ftw.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Brute force healing ftw.
    <Addiction>, doing everything the hard way since always.

lolgreenscaledebuff

Quote Originally Posted by Duskdawn View Post
    Yeah it's been like that since PTS. I can't power drain that one either, but honestly I stopped doing power drain all together as it was doing minimal effect for some reason (ticks less than 200 in average).

Rotate your flame of life and monsoons for those and if you have a rogue tank physical wellness.
    See this is where you done goof'd on two different instances. Not once was rapture mentioned *tears up a bit*

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    See this is where you done goof'd on two different instances. Not once was rapture mentioned *tears up a bit*
    Awww yeah, Life's Raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Awww yeah, Life's Raptor.
    But which breath do you rapture?
    Last edited by BelZoness; 04-29-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Quote Originally Posted by BelZoness View Post
    But which breath do you rapture?
    All of them, of course!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Actually ever since I remember from Volan days, Photek called flame of life for warrior tanks. The shame!!

One does not simply ask for Flame of Life. No really, I don't think I've ever asked for flame of life, i just ask for #datrapture
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

This is the breath we were wiping to the most last night, guess we need to physical wellness for this one ><

Maybe i dunno healing but why was it killing?

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

RIFT Guide Writer

does power drain even work? im quite sure i tried it on both akylios and greenscale and the debuff doesnt show up on either of them if i pop it.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

I do see a difference on Akylios. I haven't tried on Greenscale. I do agree that the 10% damage reduction should be covered by healing. While I don't particularly care about dps personally, as the -chons should worry about helping the raid more, using power drain KILLS my dps, especially if I cinderburst comes up. I cry inside a little when I can tell that I'll have to use it with power drain than internalize charge.

For those guilds have that brute forced the breaths, I salute you. I wish my guild could. The power drain being used right before going underwater could help us, as we always seem to have 1-3 people go down at those points. It could be the healing cool down rotation being used, but I'm not sure if that is the case. I know that the job given to me is hindered, and I'm not sure why. That's why I'm wondering if a raid developer might be able to take a look and make a decision upon if that is a bug or not. If not, then we just need to step it up and L2heal. If I personally do not have to power drain, I'll do a happy dance inside my head and pull out the real dps.
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

Rift Disciple

FYI you would benefit a lot more from a Harbcon blademark variant on that fight than pyrocon (unless you are on lasher/stingers duty of course).

If you're dying to that breathe a lot it's a healing/gear issue most likely

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast