Closed Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By Moirg
  • 1 Post By Moirg
  • 1 Post By archaionfm

Thread: Steppes of Infinity CQ

Default Steppes of Infinity CQ

I believe that all threads involving the new Steppes CQ should be in this section of the forum, as it's where they truly belong.

Discuss!

Plane Walker

u r stupid

discussss
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    I believe that all threads involving the new Steppes CQ should be in this section of the forum, as it's where they truly belong.

Discuss!
    Loooool I agree
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Discuss!
    100% Agree

Also please Add Achivment " Rapid Assault CQ Stepps Of Infinity"
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Quote Originally Posted by DMoney817 View Post
    u r stupid

discussss
    "u" "r" stupid.

Learn to Spell.
    Last edited by Moirg; 04-29-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Rift Chaser

Discuss!
    I'm going to assume that this is not just a condescending snipe at PvE "carebears" and that you're just venting at Trion, not at PvE'ers.

I get it that PvP'ers are angry. PvP has long been an afterthought at best in RIFT, and from 2013 onward RIFT has pretty much been a deadbeat dad that refuses to pay child support to its PvP scene.

But that's no reason to get angry at those who don't PvP. We generally hate Conquest just as much as you do, if not more. Just like you guys, we join it only for the numerical incentives (CQ power maintenance, marks for new cores, the stupidly low chance at RICs), not because we enjoy it. And even if we did want to enjoy it, it doesn't take a genius to spot the one major flaw with CQ's structure, objectives and win conditions:

The combination of having 3 teams and multiple objectives spread far apart means that if two teams attack each other, the third one is given a free pass to complete objectives and a better chance at winning.

Or, if you want a tl;dr version: Conquest = PvE.

Hell, I wouldn't even call it PvE. At least PvE gameplay involves mobs that hit back or use special abilities, and extractors don't even do that. It's more of a fetch quest or target dummy parse than anything.

edit: As an aside, I would wager that a good chunk of PvE "carebears" don't PvP because they just don't like RIFT's PvP, not because they don't like PvP at all.
    Last edited by ginc; 04-29-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Shield of Telara

Discuss!
    im glad you decided to align the quality of your post with the quality of pvp in this game

Telaran

"u" "r" stupid.

Learn to Spell.
    That's actually learn to grammar if you want to get technical

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    I'm going to assume that this is not just a condescending snipe at PvE "carebears" and that you're just venting at Trion, not at PvE'ers.

I get it that PvP'ers are angry. PvP has long been an afterthought at best in RIFT, and from 2013 onward RIFT has pretty much been a deadbeat dad that refuses to pay child support to its PvP scene.

But that's no reason to get angry at those who don't PvP. We generally hate Conquest just as much as you do, if not more. Just like you guys, we join it only for the numerical incentives (CQ power maintenance, marks for new cores, the stupidly low chance at RICs), not because we enjoy it. And even if we did want to enjoy it, it doesn't take a genius to spot the one major flaw with CQ's structure, objectives and win conditions:

The combination of having 3 teams and multiple objectives spread far apart means that if two teams attack each other, the third one is given a free pass to complete objectives and a better chance at winning.

Or, if you want a tl;dr version: Conquest = PvE.

Hell, I wouldn't even call it PvE. At least PvE gameplay involves mobs that hit back or use special abilities, and extractors don't even do that. It's more of a fetch quest or target dummy parse than anything.

edit: As an aside, I would wager that a good chunk of PvE "carebears" don't PvP because they just don't like RIFT's PvP, not because they don't like PvP at all.
    I would say the conquest idea is about pvp, but players are avoiding pvp in conquest due to not getting the rewards for it they want(there is probably a good amount of people who don`t care about favor and prestige). People want to do win cq fast due to giving them the marks and access to the chest with the rewards they want.
    People only(I know there also people who just go in there to kill people) go into pvp if someone leads them into or if it can`t be avoided to win.

If 2 teams get into a fight and just watch the third team winning they probably don`t know that you could still do a tactical retreat; yes you leave your comrades alone and let them die for the win if you want to win!

You would have to implement something which is worth enough to risk your win and involve pvp.
    For SM you could replace the 3 colossi(does they still exist by the 3 Faction leaders(may replace them). Losing your own faction leader would result in not getting a chest(and other leader loot) even if you win the match. Killing an other faction leader will give you after winning the match a quest in your quest counter(like expert,carnage etc.) and let you choose between a random cq-box(loot like the winning chest) or a certain amount depleted shards.
    About 50 m around a faction leader prestige and favor gains are increased and you get 1 cq-mark per 30 kills in the area.

For SoI you could change the dream foci: After reaching stage 5 the dream focus will belong to the team it upgraded to max(still giving the same point increases and decreases) after 5 min it will decrease the points of both other teams by a certain amount. Recapturing a dream focus will require to use planar infusion to decrease the stage to 0(draining points of the team the focus belongs to) then you could begin to capture it again for your team. If the winning team has at least 50% of the dream foci under their control they get a quest reward like the one described above...if they have 100% they get 2 quest rewards(equal to killing both faction leaders).

If people don`t like these risk rewards they still will ignore them and going the avoid pvp route....until a faction trys to kill your faction leader :P

Even if you would let 2 teams into a small corridor and scoring points by running to the enemy spawn point there would be still people calling it pve, because people will only try to run to win the rewards instead trying to kill the other people they literally have to run through.

P.S. Hope there a not too much errors in my wall of text
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Ascendant

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!

Closed Thread