+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluejaye

Thread: It was fun for a bit, but I think I want the ground under Kaliban back in GA

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Default It was fun for a bit, but I think I want the ground under Kaliban back in GA

Not sure which patch or update broke it, but the terrain at Kaliban in GA is atrocious. Though the fact something gets messed up so bad so long after being out was the butt of a lot of good jokes in our guild runs, we think we want the ground back. TIA.

Rift Disciple

The floor graphic has a chance to drop from lock boxes. Same as abom platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    Not sure which patch or update broke it, but the terrain at Kaliban in GA is atrocious. Though the fact something gets messed up so bad so long after being out was the butt of a lot of good jokes in our guild runs, we think we want the ground back. TIA.
    It was what? 4? 5 patches ago?

Always something I kinda assumed would get fixed in the next patch, but I guess there's been quite a few "next patch" that came and gone.

Maybe they just weren't aware of the issue?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    It was what? 4? 5 patches ago?

Always something I kinda assumed would get fixed in the next patch, but I guess there's been quite a few "next patch" that came and gone.

Maybe they just weren't aware of the issue?
    I put in bug reports about my planar attunement resetting every time I log out after every hotfix that they don't fix it. I think it's been two months or so now. I don't think it's an awareness issue.

12. February they patched 2.6, that's when it began. First it was in iDH, the floor when you go up the ramp after first boss. Then it spread to the ground under Kaliban. And now also Abominus?

It's bit weird though, as on Kaliban it often goes like this.

A: Bah floor is missing
    B: I can see it
    C: I see it too
    A: Ah now I see it
    B: Now it disappeared for me
    C: LOL
    B: Oh it came back
    C: It disappeared for me now....

Yes, some times it feels like there's a set amount that can see the ground at the same time. As it shows up for someone, it disappears for someone else.

Default Broken Game

Quote Originally Posted by Zyanya View Post
    I farm, the first 2 bosses in GA, on 4 toons, using a state of the art computer and occasionally a custom gaming laptop. Regardless of the computer I use, Kaliban's floor being invisible has been the case for EVERYONE in all 4 raids, the past week. The floor remains invisible for the entire fight, with the exception of when the floor, randomly, flashes into view, for mere seconds, prior to going invisible again. This is a VASTLY different type of invisibility bug than what players experience in the hall leading to Zaviel and on Zaviel's platform, in Frozen Tempest. Kaliban's invisible floor has nothing to do with camera position. Kaliban's invisible floor is just one more thing in Rift that is screwed up and seems to have been screwed up with the hotfix of 4/2/14.

I know for a fact, there have been countless bug reports submitted regarding Kaliban's invisible floor, Based upon the snarky "submit a bug report" response from GM Fasti, It appears, Kaliban's invisible floor is just another case of gross incompetence, on the part of the engineers/devs, and is another problem Trion lacks the will, skills and knowledge to resolve. Rather than a snide reply from a GM, why doesn't Trion have an engineer/dev, take an hour away from Arche Age, and just enter Kaliban's area and experience the bug?

How many of you suspect Kaliban's invisible floor will remain a part of the game, just as has the invisibility issue in Frozen Tempest?
    Trion has been made aware of this problem, for weeks. More than likely, my assertion that Trion lacks the will and/or skill to repair the error is spot on.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

Trion has been made aware of this problem, for weeks. More than likely, my assertion that Trion lacks the will and/or skill to repair the error is spot on.
    I've seen this since day 1 in GA. However, usually playing with your camera angle would usually make it disappear. Last night, it simply wouldn't go away, for the entire raid. Additionally, people couldn't see the boulders due to this glitch which made things....interesting....

Floors? Where we're going, we don't need floors!

On second thought... it would still be nice. So hows about fixing it?

Rift Disciple

Started seeing this 2 weeks ago. We're still progressing there so that makes things a bit challening. Well, that, and being stuck inside a boulder, which also happens.

Telaran

This has happened to us twice, the first time about 3 weeks ago and then this week. It's pretty headache inducing, not to mention making it almost impossible to get correct placement on boulders and stay away from the damaging wisps.
    Saleny <Silent Strike>

Looking for a mature, casual & family friendly guild? JOIN US

Well, the issue doesn't appear to occur on the PTS currently. Here's to hoping that that means the fix will go over to live with the next hotfix.

Sword of Telara

These days I just assume they are putting in some Rift Store service that you have to buy, to restore the floor.

+ Reply to Thread