+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Skrillphixa
  • 2 Post By meph1111
  • 1 Post By Deeew

Thread: I was randomly selected for HM Abom testing.

Default I was randomly selected for HM Abom testing.

Nice little Gallery of a few screen shots I took of HM Abom. Couldn't see the ground AoE around your feet on 1st boss, I could see the waves, but they were about 45 degrees off. I couldn't see the ground AoE on the 3rd boss. I couldn't see the chasing ground AoE on Abom's platform or the drone attacks.

That's not Hard Mode. That's the subtle introduction of air battle, so the devs can put flying mounts in the game more comfortably.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 04-26-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Missing : 1 floor underneath Kaliban

Ffs, it's been almost a month now

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Missing : 1 floor underneath Kaliban

Ffs, it's been almost a month now
    History:

It was broken on PTS one week. It was reported by the 10 people in the GA on that day.

Two weeks later, that build got pushed to live, with the missing Kaliban floor. That same week the torches at the first/last boss in iDH was removed. (so that's cool at least!

A week later, the Kaliban floor was fixed.

This weeks patch, the Kaliban floor is magically gone again. Along with apparently are Abom platform issues(?).

This is all due to a game engine change which was implemented behind the scenes is my understanding. My guess is when they messed with the mount physics this week, it borked the floors again. Just my guesstimate.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Rift Disciple

They are clearly messing with the game engine, because after the last hotfix my fps crashed from 30-35 during raid fights to 15-20. I'd rather deal with buggy mount physics than with lags in raids.

The other thing that got borked this patch are the elevators in tower of the shattered. If you don't hit them properly you just float there for 30 seconds.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Vexil View Post
    They are clearly messing with the game engine, because after the last hotfix my fps crashed from 30-35 during raid fights to 15-20. I'd rather deal with buggy mount physics than with lags in raids.
    same here. went from smooth to crap in one day.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    History:

It was broken on PTS one week. It was reported by the 10 people in the GA on that day.

Two weeks later, that build got pushed to live, with the missing Kaliban floor. That same week the torches at the first/last boss in iDH was removed. (so that's cool at least!

A week later, the Kaliban floor was fixed.

This weeks patch, the Kaliban floor is magically gone again. Along with apparently are Abom platform issues(?).

This is all due to a game engine change which was implemented behind the scenes is my understanding. My guess is when they messed with the mount physics this week, it borked the floors again. Just my guesstimate.
    Just like Warrior 1.11. Every single bugs we reported hit Live, that hellish week of patches every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    The other thing that got borked this patch are the elevators in tower of the shattered. If you don't hit them properly you just float there for 30 seconds.
    Should have seen our Rage trying to go for #1 Time. Ended up 3-Maning the instance a majority of the pulls. Next time...

I really don't understand how you screw something up in a new patch, it's like someone is making ninja changes behind the scenes and deliberately trolling us just so they can get some work (bug fixes) instead of working on real content.

Plane Walker

Same, I've had lower FPS during raids and CQ.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Vexil View Post
    Yea same here. I have even more issues with the PTS version of the game (which has more updates) than the Live.
    Right now the movement physics changes seems to also be causing my character's movement to feel 'jagged' at times as though the terrain isn't smooth and the added heaviness of the character (so it doesn't 'launch' all over the place) is causing the rough terrain to become more noticeable. It feels like my character is getting 'caught' for a split millisecond in bumps now rather than flying over them.

@Meph1111 - Yea the Tower of the Shattered lifts are annoying. Sometimes you get pugs that find it hard enough to jump the platforms (and end up dying and respawning over and over again); now they have to navigate through the 'complex' idea of going in and out of the lifts hoping that rng will be on their side so they can actually proceed to the next area.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Yea same here. I have even more issues with the PTS version of the game (which has more updates) than the Live.
    Right now the movement physics changes seems to also be causing my character's movement to feel 'jagged' at times as though the terrain isn't smooth and the added heaviness of the character (so it doesn't 'launch' all over the place) is causing the rough terrain to become more noticeable. It feels like my character is getting 'caught' for a split millisecond in bumps now rather than flying over them.
    This is exactly what happening to me on live servers, I just wasn't sure how to describe this. It seems like game slowing down for a split second and then fast forward to catch up, creating the feel of lags even tho fps stays well over 50. When soloing its almost imposible to notice, but once there is players spaming abilities, fps dips down, it becomes obvious.
    I'm not sure how this affecting fps, but from my expirience, and poeple I raided with this week, there were plenty of reports of significant fps drops, especially in combat.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    @Meph1111 - Yea the Tower of the Shattered lifts are annoying. Sometimes you get pugs that find it hard enough to jump the platforms (and end up dying and respawning over and over again); now they have to navigate through the 'complex' idea of going in and out of the lifts hoping that rng will be on their side so they can actually proceed to the next area.
    look UP and jump. ~80% success rate.

+ Reply to Thread