+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Realm of Twisted Dreams 2

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default Realm of Twisted Dreams 2

    Is there ANY way you can either fix the RNG or allow us to check off dungeons we DON'T want to do? Tonight a group of us got RoTD 3 times in a row. Since I (and others) despise this waste-of-time dungeon, would ask that could you please fix this? Better, would you give us the ability to check boxes of the dungeons we would like to do when we queue for Experts? The loot never justified the extra time/effort in completing this dungeon, so please give us the option of NOT doing it.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    It's not really any longer than the other experts.
    It would be nice to not get the same dungeon repeatedly in a random queues.
    SBP and RoTD are probably the most hated dungeons and would more than likely never be run if players could influence the random queue which is probably the main reason we never will.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valorien View Post
    Is there ANY way you can either fix the RNG or allow us to check off dungeons we DON'T want to do? Tonight a group of us got RoTD 3 times in a row. Since I (and others) despise this waste-of-time dungeon, would ask that could you please fix this? Better, would you give us the ability to check boxes of the dungeons we would like to do when we queue for Experts? The loot never justified the extra time/effort in completing this dungeon, so please give us the option of NOT doing it.
    Isn't giving you the option of not doing it removing the "Random Weekly" portion? Sure, remove it from the queue, but if the RNG gods decide to give you the dungeon, you automatically lose one dungeon charge in the place of not running it.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default so....

    We are to be punished because the RNG is flawed? ...and we lose expert FES and ES because the "Gods" say so? So your answer is: "just shut up and take it?" Why thanks for the constructive criticism.... NOT. As for the length "is the same as other dungeons", I suggest bringing a stop watch next time you do RoTD. Even though the instance was pruned a bit, it still is far too long and groups get bogged down far too often. Trion I am sure has the raw data as to who finishes RoTD and who does not. All I am suggesting, is allow individuals the option to check boxes or something that allows choice in what dungeons they either want, or don't, when grinding experts. After you have done the instance a few times, I think the 'newness' and 'cool' factor are gone and it becomes a chore. So, please let us choose so we can lessen the already varying frustration in grinding dungeons, so the game's overall Fun Factor isn't diminished.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valorien View Post
    We are to be punished because the RNG is flawed?
    If you cannot complete an instance because of the level of difficulty, it's on you, you're not being punished. Also, I fail to see how it is "flawed" RNG. You have a 1/9 chance of getting the dungeon. It's called random for a reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valorien View Post
    As for the length "is the same as other dungeons", I suggest bringing a stop watch next time you do RoTD.
    Top US clear time for RoTD is 10:17. Storm Breaker Protocol (Arguably the easiest expert) is 12:44.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valorien View Post
    All I am suggesting, is allow individuals the option to check boxes or something that allows choice in what dungeons they either want, or don't, when grinding experts.
    They do have this. There is a "Specific Dungeons" button at the bottom left of the Looking for Group tab.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valorien View Post
    After you have done the instance a few times, I think the 'newness' and 'cool' factor are gone and it becomes a chore.
    Chores are easy if you just suck it up and get em done. And if you've done RoTD a few times, you realize it's not as hard as people make it out to be, and the more you do it, the easier it gets.
    Twocents@Deepwood

    <Mirage>

    I'm the rainbow ninja

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMoney817 View Post
    Top US clear time for RoTD is 10:17. Storm Breaker Protocol (Arguably the easiest expert) is 12:44.
    wasnt done legitimately iirc, back when 2 of the bosses were skippable

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    472

    Default

    That would make sense, I forgot about that. Still, best time for RoTD in past 2 weeks has been 13:04, storm breaker has been 13:08.
    Twocents@Deepwood

    <Mirage>

    I'm the rainbow ninja

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara dead2soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    This dungeon with a bad group is unforgiving and painful. However with any decent group it's not bad at all. 50k tank that's never run it before = an hour plus of misery. Guild group = quick and easy 15-20 min runs. If it bothers you that much you should do your expert runs in a guild group where ALL experts are easy mode. If you have trouble completing it with a guild group then you could probably use the chance at improvement it offers you.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts