+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: So, who got world firsts?

Rift Disciple

Default So, who got world firsts?

There was quite a lot of talk and heated competition leading up to these new raids. So, who got world firsts?

Plane Touched

Seems like Vendetta got WF Greenscale

http://topofrift.com/standings/world...dings-of-blood
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

Plane Walker

vendetta got Greenscale and trinity worked on Akylios instead but didnt get that yet.
    Last edited by OwnaGeJuiCe; 04-17-2014 at 12:13 AM.

There is a good chance that akylios will be downed tomorrow by greybriar

Shadowlander

heated competition? between who? 5-10 guilds that still playing the rehashed content? heck even the t3 armor set is rehashed. 3.0 will me gloamwood with lvl 65 monsters.

I don't even think there's 5 guilds that care. Not to upset anyone but if you get a world first afew hours after release you have to wonder the difficulty level of said boss and if it's that much of an achievement :/.

Hoping Akylios turns out to be much harder, regardless, Congratulations on the kill and I hope we get a better race for Akylios or Laethys/Maelforge.
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yuukii View Post
    if you get a world first afew hours after release you have to wonder the difficulty level of said boss and if it's that much of an achievement :/.
    :
    You realize that those that care about this sort of thing have been doing these fights on pts for months now? Today was about putting it all together and performing at top level. Noone went in completely blind, everyone has very good idea about how the fights would go.

Vendetta killed it first, we killed it a few hours later after getting a few bugs resolved with an uncooperative NPC.

I'd grant that no one who cared went in blind, as the fights have been up on the PTS and open to anyone who cared to peek at them for a while now.

Though my sum total PTS time spent on these fights totaled ~5 sessions with the guild, 2 of them breaking things on laethys, 3 of them breaking things on maelforge, and a quick peek at GS with a few pulls. Haven't even stepped foot in akylios.

And I helped out with the stream featuring the reworked Greenscale.

Doesn't quite add up to doing these encounters for months on the PTS, and I would've opted to skip out had there been people to take my spot instead. But it is what it is. *shrug*

I've mentioned in the past that I disliked doing content testing on the PTS, and I still do. Would've much rather have gone in there completely blind.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 04-17-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Vendetta killed it first, we killed it a few hours later after getting a few bugs resolved with an uncooperative NPC.

I'd grant that no one who cared went in blind, as the fights have been up on the PTS and open to anyone who cared to peek at them for a while now.

Though my sum total PTS time spent on these fights totaled ~5 sessions with the guild, 2 of them breaking things on laethys, 3 of them breaking things on maelforge, and a quick peek at GS with a few pulls. Haven't even stepped foot in akylios.

Doesn't quite add up to doing these encounters for months on the PTS, and I would've opted to skip out had there been people to take my spot instead. But it is what it is. *shrug*

I've mentioned in the past that I disliked doing content testing on the PTS, and I still do. Would've much rather have gone in there completely blind.
    Would you say if you hadn't had those Bugs or had spent more actual time on the PTS you would have gotten 1st? Just curious
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

Would you say if you hadn't had those Bugs or had spent more actual time on the PTS you would have gotten 1st? Just curious
    It'd be conjecture. We spent like 6 hours wrestling with the bugged npcs.

We practically killed it the first pull after the npc was fixed, and then killed it two pulls after that.

Would we have done that if the npcs hadn't been bugged when they pushed the hotfix on live without saying anything? Maybe, maybe not. It coulda been those few hours of pulls that got it polished enough to get the kill. Or we could've killed it at 1pm server and spent the rest of the night on the oversized squid. It'd just be speculation now.

Though I will say that if we had been on PTS working on it for months, I'd probably have found a different game to play by now. I've no interest in actively shortening the content's lifespan for myself.

Shadowlander

so you are telling me, you spent time on pts helping devs resolve bugs, but you still had problems with those bugs when it was released officialy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunchromatik View Post
    so you are telling me, you spent time on pts helping devs resolve bugs, but you still had problems with those bugs when it was released officialy.

I broke things on laethys and maelforge.

I didn't give diddly for feedback or bugreports on GS/aky.

Not that I'd expect laethys/maelforge to be bug free when they're eventually added, but perhaps the things we did break won't be an issue on release.

Quote Originally Posted by sunchromatik View Post

All of your posts on this forums seem to be either trolling or mocking Trion/Daglar,

Hard to take anything you say seriously.
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

It'd be conjecture. We spent like 6 hours wrestling with the bugged npcs.

We practically killed it the first pull after the npc was fixed, and then killed it two pulls after that.

Would we have done that if the npcs hadn't been bugged when they pushed the hotfix on live without saying anything? Maybe, maybe not. It coulda been those few hours of pulls that got it polished enough to get the kill. Or we could've killed it at 1pm server and spent the rest of the night on the oversized squid. It'd just be speculation now.

Though I will say that if we had been on PTS working on it for months, I'd probably have found a different game to play by now. I've no interest in actively shortening the content's lifespan for myself.
    Ah, I see. I understand the reason for testing and that, But it does seem to ruin the World First races and reduce how fair they are.
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

Ah, I see. I understand the reason for testing and that, But it does seem to ruin the World First races and reduce how fair they are.
    That might be mostly gone at this point.

The old raid talent have either moved on or have consolidated into a handfull of guilds by now, separated by time zones for the most part, and then by guild philosophy. I don't think there's enough of us around to foster a healthy raid competition between guilds.

Even after 3.0 when the level cap gets bumped and the gear gets normalized again, its probably not going to change much. The seasoned raiders are still going to be miles ahead of most by any meaningful measure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast