+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: So, who got world firsts?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default So, who got world firsts?

    There was quite a lot of talk and heated competition leading up to these new raids. So, who got world firsts?

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Seems like Vendetta got WF Greenscale

    http://topofrift.com/standings/world...dings-of-blood
    Cowculator@Greybriar <Crayons>
    rip
    RIP Pyromancer's Aegis
    Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    Sharax will definitely be bug free .

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    vendetta got Greenscale and trinity worked on Akylios instead but didnt get that yet.
    Last edited by OwnaGeJuiCe; 04-17-2014 at 12:13 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant meph1111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    There is a good chance that akylios will be downed tomorrow by greybriar

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    heated competition? between who? 5-10 guilds that still playing the rehashed content? heck even the t3 armor set is rehashed. 3.0 will me gloamwood with lvl 65 monsters.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Yuukii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I don't even think there's 5 guilds that care. Not to upset anyone but if you get a world first afew hours after release you have to wonder the difficulty level of said boss and if it's that much of an achievement :/.

    Hoping Akylios turns out to be much harder, regardless, Congratulations on the kill and I hope we get a better race for Akylios or Laethys/Maelforge.
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

    8/8, like that even matters anymore..

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuukii View Post
    if you get a world first afew hours after release you have to wonder the difficulty level of said boss and if it's that much of an achievement :/.
    :
    You realize that those that care about this sort of thing have been doing these fights on pts for months now? Today was about putting it all together and performing at top level. Noone went in completely blind, everyone has very good idea about how the fights would go.

  8. #8
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Vendetta killed it first, we killed it a few hours later after getting a few bugs resolved with an uncooperative NPC.

    I'd grant that no one who cared went in blind, as the fights have been up on the PTS and open to anyone who cared to peek at them for a while now.

    Though my sum total PTS time spent on these fights totaled ~5 sessions with the guild, 2 of them breaking things on laethys, 3 of them breaking things on maelforge, and a quick peek at GS with a few pulls. Haven't even stepped foot in akylios.

    And I helped out with the stream featuring the reworked Greenscale.

    Doesn't quite add up to doing these encounters for months on the PTS, and I would've opted to skip out had there been people to take my spot instead. But it is what it is. *shrug*

    I've mentioned in the past that I disliked doing content testing on the PTS, and I still do. Would've much rather have gone in there completely blind.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 04-17-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Yuukii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Vendetta killed it first, we killed it a few hours later after getting a few bugs resolved with an uncooperative NPC.

    I'd grant that no one who cared went in blind, as the fights have been up on the PTS and open to anyone who cared to peek at them for a while now.

    Though my sum total PTS time spent on these fights totaled ~5 sessions with the guild, 2 of them breaking things on laethys, 3 of them breaking things on maelforge, and a quick peek at GS with a few pulls. Haven't even stepped foot in akylios.

    And I helped out with the stream featuring the reworked Greenscale.

    Doesn't quite add up to doing these encounters for months on the PTS, and I would've opted to skip out had there been people to take my spot instead. But it is what it is. *shrug*

    I've mentioned in the past that I disliked doing content testing on the PTS, and I still do. Would've much rather have gone in there completely blind.
    Would you say if you hadn't had those Bugs or had spent more actual time on the PTS you would have gotten 1st? Just curious
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

    8/8, like that even matters anymore..

  10. #10
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuukii View Post
    Would you say if you hadn't had those Bugs or had spent more actual time on the PTS you would have gotten 1st? Just curious
    It'd be conjecture. We spent like 6 hours wrestling with the bugged npcs.

    We practically killed it the first pull after the npc was fixed, and then killed it two pulls after that.

    Would we have done that if the npcs hadn't been bugged when they pushed the hotfix on live without saying anything? Maybe, maybe not. It coulda been those few hours of pulls that got it polished enough to get the kill. Or we could've killed it at 1pm server and spent the rest of the night on the oversized squid. It'd just be speculation now.

    Though I will say that if we had been on PTS working on it for months, I'd probably have found a different game to play by now. I've no interest in actively shortening the content's lifespan for myself.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Vendetta killed it first, we killed it a few hours later after getting a few bugs resolved with an uncooperative NPC.

    I'd grant that no one who cared went in blind, as the fights have been up on the PTS and open to anyone who cared to peek at them for a while now.

    Though my sum total PTS time spent on these fights totaled ~5 sessions with the guild, 2 of them breaking things on laethys, 3 of them breaking things on maelforge, and a quick peek at GS with a few pulls. Haven't even stepped foot in akylios.

    And I helped out with the stream featuring the reworked Greenscale.

    Doesn't quite add up to doing these encounters for months on the PTS, and I would've opted to skip out had there been people to take my spot instead. But it is what it is. *shrug*

    I've mentioned in the past that I disliked doing content testing on the PTS, and I still do. Would've much rather have gone in there completely blind.
    so you are telling me, you spent time on pts helping devs resolve bugs, but you still had problems with those bugs when it was released officialy.


  12. #12
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunchromatik View Post
    so you are telling me, you spent time on pts helping devs resolve bugs, but you still had problems with those bugs when it was released officialy.

    I broke things on laethys and maelforge.

    I didn't give diddly for feedback or bugreports on GS/aky.

    Not that I'd expect laethys/maelforge to be bug free when they're eventually added, but perhaps the things we did break won't be an issue on release.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Yuukii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunchromatik View Post
    so you are telling me, you spent time on pts helping devs resolve bugs, but you still had problems with those bugs when it was released officialy.

    All of your posts on this forums seem to be either trolling or mocking Trion/Daglar,

    Hard to take anything you say seriously.
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

    8/8, like that even matters anymore..

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Yuukii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    It'd be conjecture. We spent like 6 hours wrestling with the bugged npcs.

    We practically killed it the first pull after the npc was fixed, and then killed it two pulls after that.

    Would we have done that if the npcs hadn't been bugged when they pushed the hotfix on live without saying anything? Maybe, maybe not. It coulda been those few hours of pulls that got it polished enough to get the kill. Or we could've killed it at 1pm server and spent the rest of the night on the oversized squid. It'd just be speculation now.

    Though I will say that if we had been on PTS working on it for months, I'd probably have found a different game to play by now. I've no interest in actively shortening the content's lifespan for myself.
    Ah, I see. I understand the reason for testing and that, But it does seem to ruin the World First races and reduce how fair they are.
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

    8/8, like that even matters anymore..

  15. #15
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuukii View Post
    Ah, I see. I understand the reason for testing and that, But it does seem to ruin the World First races and reduce how fair they are.
    That might be mostly gone at this point.

    The old raid talent have either moved on or have consolidated into a handfull of guilds by now, separated by time zones for the most part, and then by guild philosophy. I don't think there's enough of us around to foster a healthy raid competition between guilds.

    Even after 3.0 when the level cap gets bumped and the gear gets normalized again, its probably not going to change much. The seasoned raiders are still going to be miles ahead of most by any meaningful measure.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts