+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Patch times

Rift Master

Default Patch times

Ok i am i right in saying that 8am PDT would be 4pm GMT? Then why on earth are u not patching both together so we dont waste a raid day?

Daglar or sum1 with importance please explain..
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    i am i right in saying that 8am PDT would be 4pm GMT?
    It's actually 3pm GMT as Daylight Saving time is in operation, so it would be 4pm local time in UK, 5pm Central European Time etc.

Don't really see an issue, suppose they did a big patch, downtime was ~2 hours, that would bring servers back up at 5pm GMT, that's starting to eat into Prime Time in Europe, suppose there was an 'issue'? would you prefer servers were down from 3am to 8am while it was sorted or 3pm to 8pm?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It's actually 3pm GMT as Daylight Saving time is in operation, so it would be 4pm local time in UK, 5pm Central European Time etc.

Don't really see an issue, suppose they did a big patch, downtime was ~2 hours, that would bring servers back up at 5pm GMT, that's starting to eat into Prime Time in Europe, suppose there was an 'issue'? would you prefer servers were down from 3am to 8am while it was sorted or 3pm to 8pm?
    Yea times zones mixed up sorry!!

But either way they have put 45min down time on patch for EU, even if there was a few hour delay atleast all guilds would benefit from atleast a few hours of raiding and not miss a whole day..
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Yeah Time Zones can be a pain but no easy way around it, some part of the World will always lose out on patch/maintenance times.

Only time i can remember when both Europe and NA got patched at the exact same time was on a Saturday when Infernal Dawn opened, might have been other times.

Oh well, having a slack night on a Wednesday mightn't be a bad move just for this week

Soulwalker

Just use a GM to give the additional marks. Wont be that may guild killing all bosses anyways. Most guild are probably 2/3 and 3/5.

I only see one possible solution to this. Move reset days to thursday on eu. They will never do eu patch be4 na, cuz like removing all offices from eu should tell you something. Also if this issue wasnt solved yet i dont see it will be any time soon.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    I only see one possible solution to this. Move reset days to thursday on eu. They will never do eu patch be4 na, cuz like removing all offices from eu should tell you something. Also if this issue wasnt solved yet i dont see it will be any time soon.
    Im not asking for it before just the same time? As stated we have had patches the same time before, im pretty sure GA release was on EU prime time?

I am used too the fact we get new content later its just all the last minute changes too marks completely makes today useless for us
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Or not worry about the marks as you will get more in the long run anyway and the limit has been removed so I wouldn't worry too much about a few extra FES and ESM
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Or not worry about the marks as you will get more in the long run anyway and the limit has been removed so I wouldn't worry too much about a few extra FES and ESM
    Thats not the point tho is it? Why shud we be forced too miss out on extra marks?...
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Quote Originally Posted by Lfisk View Post
    Just use a GM to give the additional marks. Wont be that may guild killing all bosses anyways. Most guild are probably 2/3 and 3/5.
    At least 10 guilds in EU killed Abom, if all cleared that in one night, that alone would make 200 petitions, then there's all the guilds that are 4/5 and would have to petition some bosses... and so on.

Just because RNG is nasty to some, I'll grab every FES I can, so I can swap out my Warrior weapon and tank weapon to get enough hit for T3. But most of all, it would feel silly clearing today when knowing that tomorrow some of the bosses will drop new marks.

As for time to patch... I can understand why they patch US first, as they got a full workday to fix things. If they patched us at the same time as US, they'd be fixing things while we should be raiding, and we'd lose a raid day anyway.

However, today shows that the current system doesn't work. With changes like new Tier, they should do like they've done some times before, patch the same time or patch EU night to Wednesday instead. Or in today's case, maybe give us a mini patch night to Wednesday, just adding those marks if possible.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lfisk View Post
    With this next patch, the patron bonuses will also affect FES. So that will be a ****load of petitions, because want the extra marks that they can get from using patron pots.

However, the whole petitioning can be simplified, simply by letting the raidleader petition the marks and provide the raid ID and maybe members of the raid and which bosses were killed? That would certainly lower the amount of petitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    With this next patch, the patron bonuses will also affect FES. So that will be a ****load of petitions, because want the extra marks that they can get from using patron pots.

However, the whole petitioning can be simplified, simply by letting the raidleader petition the marks and provide the raid ID and maybe members of the raid and which bosses were killed? That would certainly lower the amount of petitions.
    I wonder what would cause them most work (Yeah I know, different people, but still), dealing with petitions after the patch or making a mini patch last night where they just added the bonus/marks to the bosses.

Two times, trion patch shards at the same time.
    It was for 2.0 and for 2.3.
    That was not a good option because the game was not playable at the beginning of the prime time (21h Paris hour).

I prefer get patch one day later than get an update during prime time.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Just because RNG is nasty to some, I'll grab every FES I can, so I can swap out my Warrior weapon and tank weapon to get enough hit for T3. But most of all, it would feel silly clearing today when knowing that tomorrow some of the bosses will drop new marks.

Think you may have answered my point. Yes RNG god can be bad to you but for the sake of a few extra marks I don't think in the long run (months) that this one week people miss a few FES will make a difference.

As to forcefully missing marks, not really if you can't wait 24 hours then perhaps a timetabling issue needs resolving for the 10 - 20 people doing that raid not the hundreds or thousands who aren't effected.
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Think you may have answered my point. Yes RNG god can be bad to you but for the sake of a few extra marks I don't think in the long run (months) that this one week people miss a few FES will make a difference.

As to forcefully missing marks, not really if you can't wait 24 hours then perhaps a timetabling issue needs resolving for the 10 - 20 people doing that raid not the hundreds or thousands who aren't effected.
    10-20 vs hundreds or thousands?

And define few extra marks... from 40% and up more marks isn't just a few if you go for full clear, is it? Guess all your raiders got all what they need for T3 then, gratz to your raid!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast