+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ayona
  • 1 Post By Zokot

Thread: iDH Round Two??

Telaran

Default iDH Round Two??

I have a silly idea that sort of makes sense if you think about it really hard. With the release of T3 raids coming soon, I find it hard to believe that many people will have the required hit/toughness, assuming it will follow the logical route of 300,400,500,600. Reasons being that hit giving items such as helmets only drop off Volan, toughness items like legs and torsos only drop off Ultane, Inyr and Abom etc, etc. These encounters all pose a large challenge to most guilds and are not very PUG friendly at all.

A good way to help people get the stats for T3 raiding would be to create a new 10 man T2 raid, with drops following along the same lines as those in iDH. This would include hit giving necklaces and rings as fairly common trash drops as well as straying away from the normal progression of loot (feet, hands and waist from first boss, bling from the next, followed by weapons and the more substantial pieces of armour).

I would Imagine the difficulty would be somewhat on par with the first two bosses of Grim Awakening, easily PUG-able or done by a more casual guild but still requires a level of co-ordination and use of VOIP.

This is all completely theoretical and I understand that it isn't something that could be thrown together overnight. I also don't think it would make sense to release something at the same time as T3; we should let Addiction and Heresy and others have their moment in the spotlight.

Just thought this was an idea worth sharing, let me know whether you agree or disagree

I agree, Maybe a revamp of Gilded prophecy or, dare I say it, primevil feast?
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yuukii View Post
    I agree, Maybe a revamp of Gilded prophecy or, dare I say it, primevil feast?
    I think I'm the only player who actually enjoyed Primeval Feast! :P

Intrepid: Rise of the Phoenix, obviously.

General Silgen, such a great fight!

Although RotP's old loot table was kinda weird about hit piece distribution.
    Last edited by BelZoness; 04-09-2014 at 05:38 AM.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Quote Originally Posted by BelZoness View Post
    Intrepid: Rise of the Phoenix, obviously.

General Silgen, such a great fight!

Although RotP's old loot table was kinda weird about hit piece distribution.
    Was thinking GP, Fits with the Earth theme of T2 I guess, But obviously bump the difficulty up!

I'm thinking something like Kyzan/Kaliban difficulty with the last boss, Uruluuk, more like Salvarola?

And I do love PF too Ayona, Just I don't think it's what people are looking for for getting some extra loot in prep for T3, It takes much longer than other 10 mans and that :P
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

Quote Originally Posted by Davann View Post
    I have a silly idea that sort of makes sense if you think about it really hard. With the release of T3 raids coming soon, I find it hard to believe that many people will have the required hit/toughness, assuming it will follow the logical route of 300,400,500,600. Reasons being that hit giving items such as helmets only drop off Volan, toughness items like legs and torsos only drop off Ultane, Inyr and Abom etc, etc. These encounters all pose a large challenge to most guilds and are not very PUG friendly at all.
    I don't know if it's true for all classes, but tier helm, chest, and legs are pretty much better than any item that Inyr, Abom, and Volan drop.

A good way to help people get the stats for T3 raiding would be to create a new 10 man T2 raid, with drops following along the same lines as those in iDH. This would include hit giving necklaces and rings as fairly common trash drops as well as straying away from the normal progression of loot (feet, hands and waist from first boss, bling from the next, followed by weapons and the more substantial pieces of armour).

I would Imagine the difficulty would be somewhat on par with the first two bosses of Grim Awakening, easily PUG-able or done by a more casual guild but still requires a level of co-ordination and use of VOIP.
    While I have no objection to another 10 man to help gear for T3, T3 is going to be hell if you cannot clear GA at this point. 4/4 GA 2/3IG 3/5PBB is the minimum imo.
    (Am I the only one that thinks Salvarola/Ultane are easier than Kyzan?)

This is all completely theoretical and I understand that it isn't something that could be thrown together overnight. I also don't think it would make sense to release something at the same time as T3; we should let Addiction and Heresy and others have their moment in the spotlight.

Just thought this was an idea worth sharing, let me know whether you agree or disagree
    After seeing what was done with the itemization of iDH, it probably could be thrown together rather quickly [/sarcasm]

Overall I would agree that another T2 10man would be a good idea. Since it was done for T1, I don't see why they couldn't do it for T2.

I would vote for Rise of the Phoenix or Primeval Feast. One golem in RotP could drop rings, another could drop necks, and the third could drop ranged weapons
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

I think Kyzan is a different fight, A lot going on, Much easier than Salv IMO though.

But just a way to get some of the more troublesome pieces of gear, Ranged weapons, Possibly Necks, Rings and ofcourse DPS trinkets for T2 xD
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

Quote Originally Posted by Ayona View Post
    I think I'm the only player who actually enjoyed Primeval Feast! :P
    Incorrect!
    andohmygodyoursig<3

+ Reply to Thread