+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree6Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Completing the "Island Hopping" achievement will give HoTP

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    61

    Default Completing the "Island Hopping" achievement will give HoTP

    Hey all, as a heads up after this weeks hotfix completing the criteria for the Island Hopping achievement in Infinity Gate will grant a bonus chest with FES and a Heart of the Planebreaker. Letting people know now so EU guilds can hold off on Infinity Gate if they want to take a crack at it.

    Good luck in T3!
    Cyzo

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Raive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Now you've given me a reason to do acheese. you dirty dirty man.

    #retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Vixiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    175

    Default

    WHY would you add it to this achievement instead of just having volan/abom drop 2 hearts for example? The achievement is not the least bit difficult, it's just incredibly annoying to do especially on a weekly basis.
    Portals don't teleport you for 10 seconds as you stand on the center of it? wipe it up guys.
    Last edited by Vixiar; 04-08-2014 at 02:52 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vixiar View Post
    WHY would you add it to this achievement instead of just having volan/abom drop 2 hearts for example? The achievement is not the least bit difficult, it's just incredibly annoying to do especially on a weekly basis.
    Portals don't teleport you for 10 seconds as you stand on the center of it? wipe it up guys.
    10 seconds is an over-exaggeration if I've ever seen one. 1-2 seconds? Maybe.

    This will be challenging for a few groups that clear them regularly.


  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,347

    Default

    Should award a chest to the people who have already completed it too imo ;-) (twice actually...)

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Should award a chest to the people who have already completed it too imo ;-) (twice actually...)
    Or do like varm suggested and give a heart for the completion of the achievement. This would be a lot more useful to give whoever a decent boost for t3 instead of 2~ extra hearts before t3.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    Or do like varm suggested and give a heart for the completion of the achievement. This would be a lot more useful to give whoever a decent boost for t3 instead of 2~ extra hearts before t3.
    I totally approve of this idea. One heart per raid member to complete it. You're not going to get 20 hearts out of this achievement chest so yeah, that's a damn good idea imo.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 04-08-2014 at 03:46 PM.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Soulshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Now I also would like to see an achievement which requires cq GA,IG and PBB which gives you a HoTP. So we get Raive to do more achievements :P

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyzo View Post
    Hey all, as a heads up after this weeks hotfix completing the criteria for the Island Hopping achievement in Infinity Gate will grant a bonus chest with FES and a Heart of the Planebreaker. Letting people know now so EU guilds can hold off on Infinity Gate if they want to take a crack at it.

    Good luck in T3!
    Cyzo
    When you say meet the criteria does that mean every week if we do it we get it or just the first time? Some clarification would be nice.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twylyte View Post
    When you say meet the criteria does that mean every week if we do it we get it or just the first time? Some clarification would be nice.
    Sounds like every time, when he says if the criteria is met a chest will spawn, it shouldn't matter if someone got the achievement (for the first time) or not, as long as the criteria was met.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Elioty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twylyte View Post
    When you say meet the criteria does that mean every week if we do it we get it or just the first time? Some clarification would be nice.
    He said completing the criteria, not the actual achievement, and he said a "bonus" chest. So I presume it is like hard-modes in T1, it grants extra loots.

  12. #12
    Champion R3db4ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Im kinda confused about that, does that mean...

    a) do the achievement once and get 1 Heart so every Player in the Raid gets one "free"

    or

    b) do it every ID, kinda like Hardmodes, and get 1 extra Heart for the whole Raid


    ???
    Last edited by R3db4ss; 04-08-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    Im kinda confused about that, does that mean...

    a) do the achievement once and get 1 Heart so every Player in the Raid gets one "free"

    or

    b) do it every ID, kinda like Hardmodes, and get 1 extra Heart for the whole Raid


    ???
    One per week, it's a chest.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Cool change. Can always use more hearts and this achievement does make the twins a little more challenging.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

  15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Yep, like people are saying you get one per week if you complete the criteria. Doesn't matter if you have done the achievement before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts