+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Volan Loot

  1. #1
    Plane Walker TekBlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    456

    Default Volan Loot

    WTB something more than mage loot. That is all.

    So much sharded mage loot.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser pit81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    341

    Default

    shocking another whine loot rng based thread

  3. #3
    Ascendant radiomaryja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    We actually got more tanking loot than mage loot from Volan ^^ Dem shields and Starforge Hammers everywhere.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    cleric loot 90% of the time

  5. #5
    Plane Touched zasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    you all should just start rotating peeps into each others guilds. nothing but cleric loot as well

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Yuukii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    177

    Default

    He only drops Infinity stones, Planarite and a Mark of Notoriety for me?

    :/
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

    8/8, like that even matters anymore..

  7. #7
    Plane Touched BelZoness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    you all should just start rotating peeps into each others guilds. nothing but cleric loot as well
    You do that and the loot will change too. It's a conspiracy!!
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    shocking another whine loot rng based thread
    Actually this really isn't an RNG issue. Of the relic quality loot in the volan table, the vast majority is cleric/mage.

    There is 1 combined Warrior/Rogue DPS item, 1 Warrior shield and 1 warrior/rogue tank item. The other ~9 items are all cleric/mage. The odds of getting a Warrior/Rogue non-tank item is 1 in ~12.

    Part of the culprit is the plethora of Mage/Cleric healing and DPS items, both of which are pretty much as good at either in practice. This leads to the mages and clerics being full relic'd on weapons much faster than warrior/rogues currently.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Actually this really isn't an RNG issue. Of the relic quality loot in the volan table, the vast majority is cleric/mage.

    There is 1 combined Warrior/Rogue DPS item, 1 Warrior shield and 1 warrior/rogue tank item. The other ~9 items are all cleric/mage. The odds of getting a Warrior/Rogue non-tank item is 1 in ~12.

    Part of the culprit is the plethora of Mage/Cleric healing and DPS items, both of which are pretty much as good at either in practice. This leads to the mages and clerics being full relic'd on weapons much faster than warrior/rogues currently.
    I still don't understand why the wand is the only relic-upgrade item which requires a heart. The rest are all epic drops with no upgrade path, or a straight relic drop.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer fufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    I still don't understand why the wand is the only relic-upgrade item which requires a heart. The rest are all epic drops with no upgrade path, or a straight relic drop.
    For clerics, upgradable items drops from Inyr'kta (Offhand and Hammer). I believe there's an Upgradable offhand for mages too.

    As for people complaining about volan loot table containnig more caster loots than non caster, from a progression point of view it makes a lot of sense : You most likely have a lot of warriors and rogues weapon to upgrade when you reach Volan, which are upgradable. Clerics and mages don't get anything to upgrade before killing Inyr'kta. Therefor you should be happy to give a heart to your non casters and a weapon to your casters.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    For clerics, upgradable items drops from Inyr'kta (Offhand and Hammer). I believe there's an Upgradable offhand for mages too.

    As for people complaining about volan loot table containnig more caster loots than non caster, from a progression point of view it makes a lot of sense : You most likely have a lot of warriors and rogues weapon to upgrade when you reach Volan, which are upgradable. Clerics and mages don't get anything to upgrade before killing Inyr'kta. Therefor you should be happy to give a heart to your non casters and a weapon to your casters.
    there is no upgradeable offhand, only our wand requires a heart, everything else is either epic with no upgrade or relic from abom/volan. It's pretty odd but i mean i'm not going to complain, that's that many more hearts you would have to use on weapons/oh to get people relic's if we had to upgrade things

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Deeew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    I believe there's an Upgradable offhand for mages too.
    As the above poster said, this is incorrect. Zero upgraded heart weapons/offhand for mages. Only the wand requires a heart to upgrade to relic.

    P.S. Whats up with the forced crit power wand path? No spell power alternative option? No relic wand drop which is SP? I guess I will leave itemization out of it, as we are talking about loot drop variety?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    42

    Default

    It just doesn't make any sense to me that you wouldn't eliminate RNG where it's really not needed. I can understand the appeal of RNG for non-critical pieces to keep a sense of excitement in loot drops, but hit pieces (specifically weapons, neck, rings) should probably not be left up to the fate of your terrible number randomization. Hit is a requirement you force upon raiders to achieve, not something you can farm outside of killing tier bosses every week and rolling the dice. If those dice just keep rolling mage, the gambling table isn't much fun for anyone else.

    Why not make a token that can be exchanged for a piece of hit gear by anyone, that way you can eventually gear up your raid roster for the next tier of raids, and not be stuck trying to figure out how half you raid is going to find that extra 13/26/39 hit to be useful.
    Last edited by Epiclairs; 04-08-2014 at 10:07 AM.


    <Crayons>
    Retired scrub


  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Lethaemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epiclairs View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense to me that you wouldn't eliminate RNG where it's really not needed. I can understand the appeal of RNG for non-critical pieces to keep a sense of excitement in loot drops, but hit pieces (specifically weapons, neck, rings) should probably not be left up to the fate of your terrible number randomization. Hit is a requirement you force upon raiders to achieve, not something you can farm outside of killing tier bosses every week and rolling the dice. If those dice just keep rolling mage, the gambling table isn't much fun for anyone else.

    Why not make a token that can be exchanged for a piece of hit gear by anyone, that way you can eventually gear up your raid roster for the next tier of raids, and not be stuck trying to figure out how half you raid is going to find that extra 13/26/39 hit to be useful.
    I would agree with this except weapons are mh/oh/2h are dropped by 5 bosses(bros,Volan, proteus, queen, and abom). Rings are dropped by 3 bosses(breaker, krizzik, and Salvarola). Necks are dropped by 3 bosses(bros, eggs, and salv).

    I think the issue is only one boss drops ranged weapon which is Thrax. There are also issues with the amount of loot per class but I think we are eternally Yorked.
    Last edited by Lethaemis; 04-08-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

  15. #15
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    For clerics, upgradable items drops from Inyr'kta (Offhand and Hammer). I believe there's an Upgradable offhand for mages too.

    As for people complaining about volan loot table containnig more caster loots than non caster, from a progression point of view it makes a lot of sense : You most likely have a lot of warriors and rogues weapon to upgrade when you reach Volan, which are upgradable. Clerics and mages don't get anything to upgrade before killing Inyr'kta. Therefor you should be happy to give a heart to your non casters and a weapon to your casters.
    I'd agree with you if only we found those Rogue weapons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts