+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ESM Cap removable? Don't do it

Default ESM Cap removable? Don't do it

Not only is this going to help t1 players but also gold farmers. You put a 160% Vial and do your 7 dungeons then do tdq/idh and turn in your weekly DD quest and that alone is around 20k+ marks add a patron vial with the 160% and you got 200%. Then you do the 20mans and boom you have a **** ton of marks. With that you can go and buy shards for crafting sell them 80p each and like Boase@GB quoted 160vial do all your raids get esm capped make dream orbs sell them at x amount and it was something like 3k plat a week off that.
    Other than that people can make items such as Dye,Dream orbs Etc I think removing the cap is stupid at least increase the price on shards
    XSXS/ZebraCakes ; Sometimes when I'm lonely I like rub vaseline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug.

Telaran

How much would you want CES to cost, then? 5k ESMs?
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; 04-07-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    How much would you want CES to cost, then? 5k ESMs?
    Not that much 2.5k-3k. I farm them and sell them every week. I always get capped and I was just watching seatins video and found out there removing the cap.
    XSXS/ZebraCakes ; Sometimes when I'm lonely I like rub vaseline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug.

The loop in the OP isn't necessarily sustainable - once people start implementing it the price of Coruscating Ethereal Shards would of course crash due to competitive selling.

It also depends on doing all the raids in a span of two hours after queueing up all your other ESM sources - definitely not impossible but not actually the kind of behavior you associate with 'farming'.

I'm no econ major, etc, but the predicted effect here would be an immediate cash-in for people selling CES early followed by a drop in the price of CES to the point where the loop is barely sustainable as everyone running the loop competes for it. It sucks for people who relied on CES as income before the cap removal but the long-term effect is either a lowering in price on CES consumables or an increase in price in catalysts while CES consumables hold steady - it's important to realize that the current plat price of CES is not set in stone and the value of the farm loop will rapidly diminish as supply of CES would exceed demand.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Tbh this is how I am able to sustain the purchase of raid mats, though as the price of CES goes down, as will the products they produce. So the lifted cap doesn't bother me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by BelZoness View Post
    The loop in the OP isn't necessarily sustainable - once people start implementing it the price of Coruscating Ethereal Shards would of course crash due to competitive selling.

It also depends on doing all the raids in a span of two hours after queueing up all your other ESM sources - definitely not impossible but not actually the kind of behavior you associate with 'farming'.

I'm no econ major, etc, but the predicted effect here would be an immediate cash-in for people selling CES early followed by a drop in the price of CES to the point where the loop is barely sustainable as everyone running the loop competes for it. It sucks for people who relied on CES as income before the cap removal but the long-term effect is either a lowering in price on CES consumables or an increase in price in catalysts while CES consumables hold steady - it's important to realize that the current plat price of CES is not set in stone and the value of the farm loop will rapidly diminish as supply of CES would exceed demand.
    I see were ur coming from good point

A lot of people won't be getting ESM if they add FES in a higher amount as a choice when doing experts as they've done in the past when multiple currencies were viable.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

I use up roughly 25,000 ESM per week on vials and weapon stones. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    I use up roughly 25,000 ESM per week on vials and weapon stones. Just sayin'
    So you use 16 coruscating's worth of consumables per week? Doing what?

2 shard's worth of stones is more than you would use if you raided 5 hours a day, 7 days a week.

even if you used prime vials x 5 per day, that'd only be 8 more.

So 10 shards, or 15000 ESM, if you're spendy with the consumables.

The other 6 goes to...? o.Oa
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

I use consumables to AFK in tempest bay

Plane Touched

2 shard's worth of stones is more than you would use if you raided 5 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

Relic Crit Pots. T_T

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RizeStone View Post
    Not only is this going to help t1 players but also gold farmers. You put a 160% Vial and do your 7 dungeons then do tdq/idh and turn in your weekly DD quest and that alone is around 20k+ marks add a patron vial with the 160% and you got 200%. Then you do the 20mans and boom you have a **** ton of marks. With that you can go and buy shards for crafting sell them 80p each and like Boase@GB quoted 160vial do all your raids get esm capped make dream orbs sell them at x amount and it was something like 3k plat a week off that.
    Other than that people can make items such as Dye,Dream orbs Etc I think removing the cap is stupid at least increase the price on shards
    naa man. cant be THAT bad.

Also its not 200%, it's 220% for sub-red loyalty patron (5% cache finder and 15% passive patron bonus), 230% for red-tier patron and 235% for them black tier crazies. Also you can get 10% from wearing token set bonus and achieve a maximum of 245%. Yea each expert/T1 boss kill is 1380 ESM.

So if you just to T1 contents and 7 experts every week and nothing else (and forgot to turn in your T1 raid weekly) you can get up to 31740.

I personally think its a positive change. It will give an incentive to people that otherwise would not do chronicles and or experts to do them and help the peeps that need them. A lot of people don't do experts or chronicles because they are capped before they get that far each week. People can already BUY their T1 gear with credits and there is no cap on that, nor is there a cap on the amount of items you can purchase with credits that would have cost esm's otherwise. We will see this week what comes about, but my prediction is that all the doomsday predictions are wrong. Just my opinion.

<O└d Skool>

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    naa man. cant be THAT bad.

Also its not 200%, it's 220% for sub-red loyalty patron (5% cache finder and 15% passive patron bonus), 230% for red-tier patron and 235% for them black tier crazies. Also you can get 10% from wearing token set bonus and achieve a maximum of 245%. Yea each expert/T1 boss kill is 1380 ESM.

So if you just to T1 contents and 7 experts every week and nothing else (and forgot to turn in your T1 raid weekly) you can get up to 31740.
    Did you also add up the DD Weekly turn in quest? ;3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast