+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: FES / T3 Gear - What's Happening?

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Default FES / T3 Gear - What's Happening?

So, with LGS/Akylios coming out in two weeks (or so I assume those two...), will T3 gear be available? Are you waiting until 2.7 to release T3 gear to the store and we will only have access to the loot drops themselves? If you're going to add T3 to the store in two weeks, what is happening to our FES? If you're not in two weeks and you're doing it in 2.7, what exactly is going to happen then? Will it be another 1-1 conversion of FES -> ESM?

Finally, will the new souls be released simultaneously with Laethys and Maelforge, or will that be separate? I don't know if any of these can be answered at the time or even will be answered...but I figured I should throw em out there and ask anyways.

Hoping this stuff will be answered in the live stream today if there will even be one.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Hoping this stuff will be answered in the live stream today if there will even be one.
    its archeage and defiance this week so i doubt it

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

We decided to add a new currency for the new tier - having 3 currencies isn't my favorite, but the rolldown wouldn't work cleanly for this tier. Your FES are not going anywhere.

New armor should be available when the raids hit.

New souls are available when 2.7 hits.

The additional raids are not on 2.7 launch day, unless I am mistaken - which I might be

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We decided to add a new currency for the new tier - having 3 currencies isn't my favorite, but the rolldown wouldn't work cleanly for this tier. Your FES are not going anywhere.

The additional raids are not on 2.7 launch day, unless I am mistaken - which I might be

~Daglar
    Ok that sounds perfect. I was really, really hoping the new souls wouldn't come simultaneously with Laethys and Maelforge due to possible brokenness stuff and imbalances, so if you're mistaken go unmistake yourself by changing it :-D.

Thanks
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 04-04-2014 at 01:42 PM.

We decided to add a new currency for the new tier - having 3 currencies isn't my favorite, but the rolldown wouldn't work cleanly for this tier. Your FES are not going anywhere
    Hmm, that's interesting. I would have fully expected Trion to do the FES to ESM conversion again - raise ESM cap by a ton - and attempt to push as many players as possible through to being able to experience Tier 3 before 3.0 hits. Heck, even trying to get them to experience all of the Tier 2 raids before 3.0 hits.

General of Telara

I would agree also.

So few guilds in Tier 2 at the moment, with Tier 3 hitting I wonder who will actually see that content. maybe 5 guilds?

Bali

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Heck, even trying to get them to experience all of the Tier 2 raids before 3.0 hits.
    Well, maybe my new guides will help? :-O. I haven't posted anything anywhere other than Reddit and Twitter (for now), but if you want to have players see more content, here's something that may or may not be a total flop :-P - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CKLFhzHYac

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting. I would have fully expected Trion to do the FES to ESM conversion again - raise ESM cap by a ton - and attempt to push as many players as possible through to being able to experience Tier 3 before 3.0 hits. Heck, even trying to get them to experience all of the Tier 2 raids before 3.0 hits.
    I was assuming they would perhaps "phase out" expert tier gear or just slash the ESM cost on them. T1 raid gear would then cost the same as the current cost of expert gear. T2 raid gear would then get their price changed to what T1 raid gear has in ESM. T3 gear would cost FES as usual.

It would sort of match the way PvP gear is handled where there are typically only 3 tiers of gear available at any given time. The downside would probably be people gearing up way faster than they'd want to and/or making older raids even less desirable to do.
    Last edited by Adastra; 04-04-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I would agree also.

So few guilds in Tier 2 at the moment, with Tier 3 hitting I wonder who will actually see that content. maybe 5 guilds?

Bali
    Is there really that many guilds stuck in T1 raids which are 100% puggable? Find that hard to believe that a lot of guilds aren't in T2 at all, not many have full cleared certainly I would agree if you made that point.

~Daglar
    Now my ESM will be transfered into plat instead of T2 mage tank gear :<

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Well, maybe my new guides will help? :-O. I haven't posted anything anywhere other than Reddit and Twitter (for now), but if you want to have players see more content, here's something that may or may not be a total flop :-P - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CKLFhzHYac
    I so want to watch this video but can't on my phone QQ Nothing cooler than raiding with Roughraptors
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

Shield of Telara

no more experts praise jesus

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I would agree also.

Bali
    As of now i believe only 14 guilds across NA/EU have cleared all current content. But yeah the numbers are still relatively low but this tier wasn't out nearly as long as FT/EE were before t2 20 mans come out. I am sure there will be a set of nerfs or more things like double loot weeks to help people get caught up and into t3 so they don't lose the raiding playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Is there really that many guilds stuck in T1 raids which are 100% puggable? Find that hard to believe that a lot of guilds aren't in T2 at all, not many have full cleared certainly I would agree if you made that point.
    So would you expect every new player to PuG FT/EE and just gear themselves for a T2 guild?
    I am glad there are guilds that are still working on T1, it means there's fresh blood in the air for the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast