+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tier 3 Release - First two encounters 17th April

Default Tier 3 Release - First two encounters 17th April

Daglar's been doing the Q&A rounds. He went to Deepwood and stated that Patch 2.7 was coming in early May.

He also went on Zaviel and stated that the first two encounters of Tier 3 would be coming out in two weeks' time (so if patch is on a Wednesday as per usual, that's 17th April 2014).

It matches up with his response in the past that Tier 3 encounters would begin coming out at the tail end of 2.6 and into 2.7.

---

Will be interesting to see if we get a new round of nerfs for Tier 2 raids to push players to get ready for Tier 3 (or perhaps even another round of nerfs for Tier 1 so more guilds can get into Tier 2).

Also would love to know if anyone has information (source would be awesome) for if Trion have mentioned anything about Frozen Eclipse Stones being converted to Empyreal Slayer's Marks like when Tier 2 came out.
    I've read a few players mentioning the conversion but none have provided any source.

That.....would be interesting given the kind of testing that has been done.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Ascendant

Too soon....
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Ascendant

Good to hear.

I wonder if these encounters already have mage tank loot :P

I really hope he meant to say 2 weeks after 2.7 is launched (like they have done previously)

I would be interested to see some data about how many guilds can actually field 20 players with 600Hit and tanks with 600 Toughness - I would think very few.

Its very rare you see guilds on Zaviel (or even other EU shards on our channels) advertising progression akin to what you would need to achieve the above. I'll admit the guild I am in (killed Thrax last night ) are in the also ran brigade but most are still hovering around 550 hit mark (before anyone responds based on my sig the "guild" is GA 4/4 IG 2/3 PB 3/5). I'm guesstimating we will need another 2-3 months before we can field 20 players - just because of the lack of weaponry.
    Last edited by Gethzerion; 04-03-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    I really hope he meant to say 2 weeks after 2.7 is launched (like they have done previously)

I would be interested to see some data about how many guilds can actually field 20 players with 600Hit and tanks with 600 Toughness - I would think very few.

Its very rare you see guilds on Zaviel (or even other EU shards on our channels) advertising progression akin to what you would need to achieve the above. I'll admit the guild I am in (killed Thrax last night ) are in the also ran brigade but most are still hovering around 550 hit mark (before anyone responds based on my sig the "guild" is GA 4/4 IG 2/3 PB 3/5). I'm guesstimating we will need another 2-3 months before we can field 20 players - just because of the lack of weaponry.
    about 10 guild in eu and 10 in US.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    That.....would be interesting given the kind of testing that has been done.
    Not really, It's pretty much guaranteed to be Akylios and Greenscale, bar very fine tuning those fights have been fully functional and ready for just over a month now.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    In terms of no. of guilds with Tier 2 completed: you'll find some players who haven't killed - say - Regulos but they've killed Breaker and/or Eggtenders and downed a few bosses in GA. So the amount of players touching Tier 3 a few weeks after they've come out probably isn't as low as the amount of players who have completed Tier 2.

In terms of HIT/TOUGHNESS requirements:
    • If they convert FES to ESM (and raise the cap significantly on ESM); it'll become easier to gain Tier 2 pieces after the initial conversion 'losses'.
    • They could introduce +78 HIT Rings and Necklaces during Summerfest like how they introduced +53 and then +63 HIT rings/necklaces during previous world events.
    • They could add a bunch of +78 HIT weapons onto the Rift Store like the 'Ascended' +65 HIT Tier 1 weapons.

But yes; the pool of players who will be doing Tier 3 raids when they are out will likely be much lower than the group that entered Tier 2 raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Not really, It's pretty much guaranteed to be Akylios and Greenscale, bar very fine tuning those fights have been fully functional and ready for just over a month now.
    Functional, maybe. Resistant to breaking... mmm.... iunno.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    In terms of no. of guilds with Tier 2 completed: you'll find some players who haven't killed - say - Regulos but they've killed Breaker and/or Eggtenders and downed a few bosses in GA. So the amount of players touching Tier 3 a few weeks after they've come out probably isn't as low as the amount of players who have completed Tier 2.

In terms of HIT/TOUGHNESS requirements:
    • If they convert FES to ESM (and raise the cap significantly on ESM); it'll become easier to gain Tier 2 pieces after the initial conversion 'losses'.
    • They could introduce +78 HIT Rings and Necklaces during Summerfest like how they introduced +53 and then +63 HIT rings/necklaces during previous world events.
    • They could add a bunch of +78 HIT weapons onto the Rift Store like the 'Ascended' +65 HIT Tier 1 weapons.

But yes; the pool of players who will be doing Tier 3 raids when they are out will likely be much lower than the group that entered Tier 2 raids.
    Yeah I should be clear I'm not saying you have to have all T2 on farm in order to go to T3 content - the point is even though we've had all of GA on farm for 2 months now and 3/4 since before Xmas, coupled with Eggs + Breaker for a similar time, we're well off the pace for gearing for T3 because of weapons, not the other items you list. Most of us have bought at least 2 if not 3 T2 items (Helms, Chest, Legs) being the popular ones - but we have in the guild something like a total of 15 T2 weapons when we need something in the order of 45-50 to equip 20 raiders,

I agree that they will release (imo) new jewellery in the summerfest (but most of us already have at least 1 T2 ring and the T2 neck) - I cannot see how they release T2 weaponry, unless its similar to what they've done with the T1 weapons, but I'm sorry I'm not that rich to go and buy them from the cash shop.

I posted similar on the T3 raid thread sticky and got blasted about how dare we demand to raid T3 content when we're behind on the other content, I agree on this. I just fail to see the logic about trying to keep a total of 20 guilds happy (based on the post above me)

I'll re-iterate what i wrote before. How about making this a 550 hit / toughness T2.5?

Another suggestion would be to add the missing 4 orbs as +Hit, + tough, but I'm guessing that will mean we won't have the dps/hps to survive the T3 raid bosses.
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5

RIFT Guide Writer

Going into HK I had to hit rune a few pieces.

Going into ID I had to hit rune a few pieces.

Going into FT/EE I had to hit 60 first, then hit rune a few pieces, then got made fun of because my gear was terrible.

Granted, I am not a representation of the general populous, but this will be the first tier that I won't have to rune for hit. My point is that runing for hit has been a staple of entering new content since this game started. Stating that many guilds are not currently over 600 hit and therefore cannot participate in the new content is faulty at best.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post

Also would love to know if anyone has information (source would be awesome) for if Trion have mentioned anything about Frozen Eclipse Stones being converted to Empyreal Slayer's Marks like when Tier 2 came out.
    I've read a few players mentioning the conversion but none have provided any source.
    Sorry, I don't have a text source either. But we asked this question to dev_anony during testing on pts and he said that they would be converting fes to esm again. This is also very much in line with what Trion has said before about the currencies so I think you can be 99% sure this is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Functional, maybe. Resistant to breaking... mmm.... iunno.
    Akylios actually killed himself in one of our recent PTS tests. I think they will be trying to fix that before having it go live though
    Last edited by ttlyevil; 04-04-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by jopok View Post
    Going into HK I had to hit rune a few pieces.

Going into ID I had to hit rune a few pieces.

Going into FT/EE I had to hit 60 first, then hit rune a few pieces, then got made fun of because my gear was terrible.

Granted, I am not a representation of the general populous, but this will be the first tier that I won't have to rune for hit. My point is that runing for hit has been a staple of entering new content since this game started. Stating that many guilds are not currently over 600 hit and therefore cannot participate in the new content is faulty at best.
    Fair point, you can use hit runes - I think that's why someone stated a hit requirement of 575 in a post above.

You can place +6 on each weapon for +18

if they are still in existence (I dont trust rifthead) you can also get +18 on helm and legs for +36

For a grand total of +54 hit. So for 620 you would need a minimum of 566 Hit, and for 600 546 hit.

I think there may even be one rune still in existence from Chocolate for toughness (Incandescent Indomitable Runeshard), but one 10 toughness rune doesn't equate to the 25 point difference between a T2 and T3 gear item and afaik there is no pot or banner that would make up this difference.

As I wrote before even if they made orbs +hit and +toughness taking a raid of 20 players (not just a handful of undergeared) with the current tuning of bosses to top guilds in full orange suits could be best described as similar to the Polish attacking tanks on horseback.

But then you can participate in T3 with just 15 players using T1 gear ;-)

Excited to see how things will work out regarding currency stones, and how much easier the T1 and T2 instances will become. Well, atleast game is progressing, that's the most important thing of all!
    Mostly Harmless - Manificate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast