+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Classic expert dungeons

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default Classic expert dungeons

    I used to do these to get marks for costume pieces, and at the same time carry newbs through, lets them keep gear etc etc. Now some genius decided to make it so its mandatory mentor to 50 to que up, and I can't solo them anymore.

    Why would you do that? Do you realize that the only people you hurt with this are the newsbs, because I will never ever do another classic expert again. I will just make an ID run to get marks. This probably goes for any other experienced player who still looks for those old marks.

    So good job leaving newbs to fend for themselves. Before they at least had experienced 60s que up sometime to help them out, but I highly doubt any 60 will ever que for classic expert again.

  2. #2
    Ascendant SoulshadowDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    I think the reason they changed it was a lot of the level 50 players that were experiencing them for the first time, didn't want a level 60 walking in and soloing the whole dungeon before they could even see any of it. I've done a few classic experts since the change, mentored down to 50, and you are still way more OP than any of the level 50's, you just cant solo it in under 5 mins like you could previously. I do see your point, that you just want to farm them for the marks, and make it as quick and easy as possible, but that doesn't always jive with what the others queuing want to do.

    At least there is no auto-mentoring for the raids, which is the marks you actually wanted.. getting the extra bonus from the random classics would have been nice, but it is what it is. No matter which way trion does it, its going to make a certain part of the population unhappy... not sure what change they could make that would accommodate everyone, besides adding a separate queue option for "speed run with level 60's only" vs a normal queue that would mentor everyone down like it does now.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

  3. #3
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCactus View Post
    I used to do these to get marks for costume pieces, and at the same time carry newbs through, lets them keep gear etc etc. Now some genius decided to make it so its mandatory mentor to 50 to que up, and I can't solo them anymore.

    Why would you do that? Do you realize that the only people you hurt with this are the newsbs, because I will never ever do another classic expert again. I will just make an ID run to get marks. This probably goes for any other experienced player who still looks for those old marks.

    So good job leaving newbs to fend for themselves. Before they at least had experienced 60s que up sometime to help them out, but I highly doubt any 60 will ever que for classic expert again.
    What makes you think those "newbs" want to be carried? Unlike you, there are people that actually play for fun, you know. And getting carried by a 60 while doing nothing doesn't constitute as fun.

    Anyway, if you really feel that carrying "newbs" is doing a service to the community, queue the dungeons directly or form a party yourself and enter normally and carry them since you don't need to be mentored.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Oddly enough, I've been queuing for classic experts MORE now. It's fun to have mechanics again in older content, mechanics I enjoyed much more than SL. It's highly enjoyable to teach people how things worked. (Except for Cadeuceus Rise Upper. Screw Rodiafel and the horse he rode in on. Kyzan in a 5-man.)

    From my experience so far, people in classic experts are more willing to work for success than in SL experts. Sure, there will be wipes along the way, but it's overall much less painful.
    ~~~Whisperfoot of the Storm - Ranged Rogue~~~
    ~~~May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce~~~

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    What makes you think those "newbs" want to be carried? Unlike you, there are people that actually play for fun, you know. And getting carried by a 60 while doing nothing doesn't constitute as fun.
    Because they lack even most basic understanding about the game, from my experience.

    Anyway, if you really feel that carrying "newbs" is doing a service to the community, queue the dungeons directly or form a party yourself and enter normally and carry them since you don't need to be mentored.
    Because you don't get quest completed this way

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Where do you actually get anything cool for completing classic experts? I don't see any mounts or any rewards for the dungeon achievements.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanen View Post
    Where do you actually get anything cool for completing classic experts? I don't see any mounts or any rewards for the dungeon achievements.
    You can use the old level 50 marks to buy old raid equip, some of this sets look pretty nice. Just have a look at the equipment in the shop, and make sure to enter 50-50 as the level boundaries.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    You can use the old level 50 marks to buy old raid equip, some of this sets look pretty nice. Just have a look at the equipment in the shop, and make sure to enter 50-50 as the level boundaries.
    Are there no mounts related to them? Pretty sure I heard someone say that.

  9. #9
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCactus View Post
    Because they lack even most basic understanding about the game, from my experience.



    Because you don't get quest completed this way
    You don't need to do the dungeon as a 60 to share your experience. You can do it just fine while mentored as 50. And maybe if people stop carrying the entire dungeon for these newbies, they would have more experience by 60 and be better at the 60 experts.

    By quest, I hope you mean the random bonus. Because any other quest can be done through normal queuing or manual entering.
    Last edited by irkiz; 03-28-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irkiz View Post
    You don't need to do the dungeon as a 60 to share your experience. You can do it just fine while mentored as 50.
    I play this game to progress and have fun. I am not gonna spend 30min and be frustrated with newbs to do a dungeon for 120 marks, when I can kill a boss in 5min and get more marks.

  11. #11
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCactus View Post
    I play this game to progress and have fun. I am not gonna spend 30min and be frustrated with newbs to do a dungeon for 120 marks, when I can kill a boss in 5min and get more marks.
    Those "newbs" also play the game to have fun. So too bad for you Trion chose to end your "fun" which was spoiling the "fun" of others.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default

    how did I spoil fun for others?

  13. #13
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Well, by doing lower level dungeons as a 60 without mentoring, the others who are of the proper level practically don't get to do anything. They want to play the dungeon, not walk through it and enjoy the sights while someone solos everything else.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I have never seen anyone complain about that. What I do see people complain about is no tanks or bad tanks and bad players in general.

  15. #15
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Well I have seen lots of complaints regarding that. And most of them usually just leave and not say a thing. And I believe Trion did this change to address this problem.
    Last edited by irkiz; 03-28-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts