+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 30 min penalty for not dying for fake tanks.

Default 30 min penalty for not dying for fake tanks.

So, after leaving a group where yet another player who had no idea at all of how to tank, but somehow managed to toss on a mix match of crap gear and Que as one, I noticed the Dungeon Deserter timer has been changed from 10 min to 30 f**cking minutes!

This is completely unfair to the people who aren't liars and cheats. If your going to penalize us like this at least give us a way to return the favor. Give us a way to negatively rate tanks so that when these losers screw us like this, they will only be able to do it a limited number of times before they are prevented from queuing as a tank for random dungeon, for an amount of time that increases with each following offense.

The dungeon deserter debuff has always been thirty minutes. I don't know what you think it was changed from. The only "debuff" that is 10 minutes would be the one where you cannot kick another party member out of a group for the first ten minutes.

Instead of just passing this off as a negative experience, have you ever thought of trying to help them? All you do is talk down about this tank that has enough gear to actually queue up (yes, the LFG tool at least makes sure they have the toughness and hit required for it). They were also able to have a spec with enough points that they're ready to go.

You seem to think tanks are all about carrying you through dungeons. There are reasons so many people are afraid to get out there and tank, and if you take a moment and look at your opinion on this matter you would see the biggest reason.

Champion of Telara

I'm sorry I'll stop queuing as tank

Same can be said for people who q as healers and can't heal/cleanse and dps that can't dps ie. spamming shock pulse in a god awful beastmaster/tempest spec where your pet almost beats you and using command to friggin attack as a self-buff (when he gets rez'd). True Story.
    #casual

Can there be a way for me to negatively rate anyone who gets outdps'd by a tank

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Yeah cuz warlord hybrids are so hard to play >_> I could have stumps for hands and still outparse 90 percent of lfg randoms in the warlord hybrid

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Yeah cuz warlord hybrids are so hard to play >_> I could have stumps for hands and still outparse 90 percent of lfg randoms in the warlord hybrid
    If the healer is good/dependable you can do it with assassin/rs or bladedancer/rs hybrids as well. 20k dps tanks (ST) are not as rare as people might think of.

On a flip note: experts should have 2 reward options - 400ESM+50fe or 80fe only. The conversion rate is far from good but at least the ESMs are not wasted (due to the notoriously low cap)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
    So, after leaving a group where yet another player who had no idea at all of how to tank, but somehow managed to toss on a mix match of crap gear and Que as one, I noticed the Dungeon Deserter timer has been changed from 10 min to 30 f**cking minutes!

This is completely unfair to the people who aren't liars and cheats. If your going to penalize us like this at least give us a way to return the favor. Give us a way to negatively rate tanks so that when these losers screw us like this, they will only be able to do it a limited number of times before they are prevented from queuing as a tank for random dungeon, for an amount of time that increases with each following offense.
    So, apart from a desire not to have to 'suffer' with a tank learning his role in this level of content, what's your problem exactly?
    Last edited by Kerin; 03-26-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Plane Touched

OP - just queue yourself as a tank and show em your mad skillz, problem solved. Unless of course you are a mage, in which case you'll need to wait till the next big patch to do that.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

i'd like to see this happen

I never said it was just the warlord hybrid though is my point

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    I never said it was just the warlord hybrid though is my point
    I <3 that spec.

LFG CD is 10 min, LFG deserter is 30 min. That's somewhat fair.

That being said, I had to leave 5 experts in a row this past Saturday because dps couldn't get over 3k, mechanics apparently were a new and exciting concept, and/or heals didn't know how to heal or cleanse.

I queue as a tank with 70k + hp and plenty of CDs but I can't carry a group if all 3 dps and heals don't know what they're doing. So I just log out, wait 5 minutes and log back in. No penalty if they kicked me. You can also ask to be kicked after the 10 min LFG CD but I doubt they'll do that (most won't).

I really don't have a problem with new players (mostly) and like doing LFG to help out others get gear but I can't deal with a whole group that power leveled to 60 and can't be bothered to read a forum on how to dps or heal in instances. I've seen more groups like this in the past 6 months or so. It sucks.

Anyway, give people a chance I guess. I gear check people at the start and usually say, "oh jesus..." but I've taken green/blue gears thru ROTD with no incident because they actually listened. I know it's easy to troll a healer or tank who derps on the first pull or boss but just communicate with them. If they're still not getting it, I dunno. Ask to be kicked or log out. Or eat the 30 min and go do dailies or PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
    If your going to penalize us like this at least give us a way to return the favor.
    That system is already in place. /Votekick tank ; /ignore tank ; problem solved, you will never be in a group with that toon again. You're welcome.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

did an expert Empyrean Core yesterday, tank had 35k hp. healer had just enough blue gear to qualify as "barely adequate". just dont speak to me about dps. they did about twice the tank's dps, and thats about it.

so i went necro, put link on tank, and we somehow managed to do the dungeon while wiping only 3 times (twice on 2nd boss, once on 3rd). i was doing more dps than the other 4 peeps combined. could have done way more (necro is not my fav spec), but then, without my link, tank would prolly have died.

it wasnt as painful as people make it to be, just took close to 30 min

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast