+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Raid loot items in T1

Default Thoughts on Raid loot items in T1

This might have been brought out before, but i was not able to find anything so...

1. Perhaps add one more item to the drops from each of the T1-T2 instances. For some reason it feels like a good idea.. could be good or bad iono.

2. Please change the cape drops from Regulos, and I don't remember if Crucia has one too or not.. I don't pay attention to the loot drops. I think the cape is always simply a runecraft. The stats are horrible for a boss like Regulos.

These two things seem simple enough to add and might help out some of the progression-minded guilds trying to gear up.. I don't think adding one more item to each raid boss is a big deal. Thoughts?
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

i;ve always thought that instead of just nerfing everything they should just make bosses drop 1 more peice of loot. but even then casual guilds would fail to down stuff. there are still plenty of guilds doing t1 stuff even with relic capes new essenses, dream orbs, more pa, more loot from IDH.

as a person who has plays casually, loot isnt the issue. as for the cape you'll have an easier time grinding a simple rep and getting a guaranteed cape then just hoping for a drop that you win.

Those capes were there before there were rep capes. Just because something better was added later doesn't really mean the old stuff ought to get bumped.

Extra piece of loot in T1 bosses.... /shrug.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I get where OP is coming from, basically would be 2x the loot so guilds could get to higher tier content faster, especially for members who are just starting to raid. While I don't think it's a bad idea in theory, I think a lot of people who spent months doing the t1 content to earn their gear at current rates might feel slighted.

RIFT Guide Writer

I'm in favor of anything that will improve my chances of getting a puppetmasters reprimand before t3 comes out
    Acuta - Apotheosys

I've said this countless times. Tier 1 needs 1 extra drop per boss. It should have happened a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    I've said this countless times. Tier 1 needs 1 extra drop per boss. It should have happened a long time ago.
    Or remove the terrible and worthless capes from the loot table.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Aye mang, you speak da troof.
    Isadorable
    <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

They're pretty cute as wardrobe items! I mean, they're terrible, but not completely worthless.

Wait until next patch when they're used as upgrade tokens for another tier of legendary capes.

The capes are good if you dont want to do the boring as crap torvan grind
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    The capes are good if you exclude all the capes that are better.
    Thought I would FTFY.

You can still take them off the loot table and sell them for ESM. The Torvan "grind" isn't even that long anymore.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Llokii View Post
    I get where OP is coming from, basically would be 2x the loot so guilds could get to higher tier content faster, especially for members who are just starting to raid. While I don't think it's a bad idea in theory, I think a lot of people who spent months doing the t1 content to earn their gear at current rates might feel slighted.
    This is "back in my day" syndrome, and people that make these complaints when old content grinds are reduced should be ignored Usually these people hated the grind and just want to inflict the same misery on others.

I mean, SL T1 raid content has been out for 15+ months now.

Having T1 bosses drop more loot is a great alternative to harder nerfs. Gear doesn't give people the skill to do T2 raids, but having a larger population of players with the gear to at least get in the door is definitely a good thing.
    Last edited by ginc; 03-26-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    This is "back in my day" syndrome, and people that make these complaints when old content grinds are reduced should be ignored I mean, SL T1 raid content has been out for 15+ months now.

Having T1 bosses drop more loot is a great alternative to harder nerfs. Gear doesn't give people the skill to do T2 raids, but having a larger population of players with the gear to at least get in the door is definitely a good thing.
    Back in my day, we stuck our chests out with 40-45k hp with pride sir. PRIDE!

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Well they're good if you don't want to waste infinity stones buying capes for your alts, at least. My rogue's rockin dual crucia capes~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast